Hae's Dream - Camping Trip

Long Lost Dreams
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Donghae's Dream - (Hae's PoV)

Summer was already at their door and their annual holiday was just ahead. With all their recent preoccupations, Donghae didn’t even realize how fast time passed. At that same date a few years ago, Donghae was going to the beach with his friends to help Yesung’s mom at her beach house. But now so many things have changed. Yesung wasn’t there anymore and they had no intentions of going anywhere. Or so Donghae thought.

Him, Siwon and Ryeowook were having lunch at the cafeteria, without the girls or Eunhyuk. Since what happened the other day, even if Eunhyuk said they were ok, things never got back to normal. But the brunet didn’t mind… he needed time to settle certain things in his head too and other than that he enjoyed having some time with Siwon and Ryeowook too. They were almost done eating when suddenly Sungmin appeared and sat at the table, surprisingly he wasn’t accompanied by his Kyuhyun.

“Hey guys!” he said in a happy mood.

“Hey you! Where is your boyfriend?” asked Donghae.

“He’s busy.”

Sungmin had that smile on his face that boded no good. He came little by little to accept Minha’s presence but he didn’t quite include her in their little friend’s circle nor gave the chance to like her. So the situation between the Kyumin couple and the others was still a bit complicated, even if they tried hard to act normal. And that smile on Sungmin’s face was definitely too normal for Donghae’s taste.

“So, what’s up, hyung?” Ryeowook asked.

“Well… We are going camping!”

“What?”

Sungmin’s smile widened.

“You heard me. We have a 2 weeks holiday, so, we are packing our things and going camping during one of the weeks.”

There, Donghae knew something was up. Siwon and Ryeowook didn’t know what to say and the brunet just sighed.

“I can’t, I have to wor…”

“Don’t tell me you have to work because I know things are better with your parents and that they are helping you pay for school.”

That shut Donghae’s mouth. The blond was of course right and he cursed Kyuhyun silently for telling everything to his boyfriend. He indeed didn’t need to work, but he just simply didn’t want to go on any trip, he wasn’t in the mood for that… As if Sungmin had read his mind the boy said firmly.

“I think it’s going to be benefic for everyone! Plus it’s going to be fun.”

“Yeah, I know you’re definition of fun, Min…”

“I think it’s a good idea.” said Siwon, suddenly.

“Not you too, Won…” complained Donghae.

Sungmin started to gloat.

“Thanks big guy! I knew you could be useful some time.”

Siwon winced at him but ignored his comment.

“But why camping?” asked Ryeowook.

“You know, trees, fresh air, reconnect with nature, these kinds of things. Plus, a forest would be better since Donghae doesn’t swim.”

They all nodded in agreement. But still, Donghae didn’t like the idea.

“And who will be going?”

“All of us?”

“All?!”

Sungmin looked straight into Donghae’s eyes before answering.

“All.”

Donghae frowned. What were Sungmin and Kyuhyun – because he was sure the boy was in it too – planning on doing?

“So by all, you mean even Minha?” asked Donghae.

“Yes, and don’t worry I won’t try to lose her in the woods or to push her from an edge. I promise I’ll behave with your sister.”

Ryeowook laughed, maybe because he thought Sungmin wasn’t capable of something like that. Siwon and Donghae stayed silent.

“I would never try to take something precious from someone else.” Sungmin said, seriously.

For some reason that sounded like an accusation more than a statement, even if Donghae didn’t really understood what the hell it could mean for him. He wasn’t trying to steal anything from anyone… The blond boy clapped his hands suddenly excited again.

“Then it’s settled! I already called Yesung-hyung and he’ll be joining us.”

“Really?!”

Ryeowook was now all in with the plan.

“When I said all, I mean all. It’s going to be great for the gang to gather all together outside these walls full of history.”

Then without letting the boys add anything else, Sungmin got up and went away, Ryeowook following him to discuss more about their trip. It left Siwon and Donghae at the table, silent and thinking.

“It won’t be that bad.” Siwon tried to reassure Donghae.

“Yeah, because all of us in one camp with no escape from each other for a week won’t have any problems.” he said sarcastically. “And anyway, I’m sure Sungmin is planning something, he didn’t just suggest that because he wanted good holidays.”

“Why are you being so negative about all that?”

“Because I have a bad feeling about it.”

“I think you’re the one scared to be faced with Eunhyuk and Minha, without any escapes.”

Donghae didn’t answer and tried to ignore his friend’s right words. Of course he didn’t want to be alone with them and even less to spend his whole holidays trying to survive that damn camp… But he guessed he didn’t have a choice since everyone seemed to have agreed.

***

A few days later, Donghae was in the car with Siwon and Kyuhyun. Indeed everyone agreed that going on a trip all together could be a good thing to change the current mood. And it has been decided to divide everyone in three different cars. The girls were riding in one with Ryeowook, Donghae was with his two best friends and Eunhyuk was riding with Sungmin, Junsu and his roommate Yoochun that for some reason, tagged along too.

In the car the silence was palpable. It was as if everyone was waiting for the other to say the first word. Well, Donghae wasn’t going to give Kyuhyun the satisfaction, since he knew the boy was waiting something from him, he could feel it. Finally, only a few minutes after they left, Siwon was the one to crack up.

“Ok, what’s going on right now?”

“What?” asked Donghae, innocently.

“Did you two fought or something?”

Kyuhyun who was driving, glanced at Donghae.

“Did we?”

“I don’t remember so.”

“Then why are you guys so gloomy and silent?” asked Siwon, confused.

Neither of them answered. In the end Donghae decided to give in since he felt sorry for Siwon.

“I guess Kyuhyun has something to reproach me.”

“Do I?”

“Stop with those half answers Kyu!” Siwon scolded. “Why don’t you just explain what’s wrong?”

“I was waiting for Donghae to do so: explain what’s wrong.”

The brunet sighed. Now even Kyuhyun was asking things.

“Why is everyone pestering me with meaningless things?”

“Because last I checked, I was your best friend and you used to tell me things.”

“Since when do you care for titles?” Donghae asked, sarcastically.

But Kyuhyun didn’t like the sarcasm and frowned. 

“And since when did you become this cynical and bitter person?”

Donghae didn’t reply anything to that. Because, he actually asked himself the same exact question. When did he become a person being capable to shut out his friends like this and being honestly so mean? Siwon stayed out of their argument, understanding very well that it was something between Kyuhyun and Donghae now.

“You know who you’re behaving like?” Kyuhyun continued and Donghae guessed the answer. “Eunhyuk-hyung. He was exactly the same when I met him, protecting and wrapping himself into fear and pain, but at least he was honest about it.”

“You’re kidding me, right? Eunhyuk is the king of denial.”

“And yet he was still more sincere than you are right now.”

This was starting to get on Donghae’s nerves.

“What do you want in the end? What should I say that will satisfy you?”

“I don’t know hyung… What would have satisfied you if I was ever in the same situation?”

Point taken, Donghae thought. Finally he couldn’t suppress a smile; his dongsaeng surely knew how to get through him.

“I’ll think about it.” he finally said. “Now shut up and drive!”

Kyuhyun smirked. And that’s how their argument ended. Siwon was still a little bit lost about the outcome of it, but well he was happy his friends seemed a bit back to normal.

A few hours later they finally arrived at their camp site. Sungmin had taken care of everything, and when he said “reconnect

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter