Teuk’s Dream - ...comes around.

Long Lost Dreams
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Leeteuk's Dream - (Teuk's PoV)

“What are you doing here?” Minha asked.

She didn’t seem very happy to see him, which slightly hurt Leeteuk.

“I came to see you.”

Leeteuk couldn’t help throwing looks at the boy next to Minha and the girl seemed nervous about it. Donghae didn’t lie when he said the Japanese guy was handsome… he was more than that! A kind of assurance and mysterious aura surrounded him, turning him into a very charming person.
After Minha and Leeteuk met, a few days ago, Leeteuk called Donghae to ask if anything happened and the boy told him that now Minha knew everything. That explained a lot of her behavior with him. But since their kiss, they didn’t meet again, and hearing that someone from her past re appeared, Leeteuk wanted to see her and make sure she was fine. And she seemed perfectly fine!
The blond boy decided to break the awkward silence.

“You’re not going to introduce us?” he asked, pointing at the boy next to her.

Minha seemed annoyed but didn’t say a word.

“Leeteuk that’s Kei, Kei that’s Leeteuk, someone I know.”

Not even, “my friend” or “the brother of Donghae’s roommate”. In one sentence, the girl put a huge edge between them. Kei held out a hand to Leeteuk and smiled at him.

“Nice to meet you.”

Leeteuk looked at the hand, hesitating. In the end he didn’t take it and just bowed slightly to the boy. Kei didn’t say anything and pulled out his hand, smirking, amused. Leeteuk turned again to Minha.

“Can I talk to you?”

“I’m actually going somewhere with Kei.”

“It will only take a minute.”

“If you want, we can do it some other time, you can stay with you friend here.” the Japanese boy offered.

“No, we already have plans and we still have a lot to talk about. Just give me a second.”

Then she took Leeteuk by the hand, and pulled him a bit further from Kei. When she was sure the Japanese boy couldn’t hear them, she put her hands on her hips, clearly mad now.

“So what do you want?”

“Why are you being so aggressive with me?”

That took the girl aback. She wasn’t expecting that, and frankly neither was Leeteuk. He was surprised to be so honest. But well that’s how it should be; he was trying hard to say what he truly felt instead of hiding it behind hypocrisy. The girl seemed to calm down a bit.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to be rude, it’s just that I wasn’t expecting you here today.”

“Were you scared to see me?”

The girl stiffed. “No, I wasn’t.”

But Leeteuk didn’t believe it for a second.

“Don’t worry; I’m not going to attack you or something. And I’m not expecting anything from our kiss.”

“Good. Because I’m really not in the mood to talk about this now.”

“But you’re in the mood to talk with a total stranger?!” she frowned but he continued. “You don’t know the guy, for all you know he could be a Japanese ax murdered!”

Again the girl’s eyes widened and Leeteuk stopped talking suddenly. He was being ridiculous, he knew that… But imagining Minha with that guy was really upsetting him. It didn’t touch him when she was out kissing his own brother, but her going out to talk with a guy made him upset?! All of this was ridiculous. He should be happy for her, that she finally found answers for her lost past. But what if this guy was really her fiancé? And what if he stole her from Leeteuk? No! The real concern was, if he was lying, how much it would hurt Minha…

“I know how to take care of myself.” the dark haired girl said.

“I’m sure you can, but it doesn’t mean you should be alone with him.”

“You’re acting like a jealous boyfriend…”

He was, but he couldn’t help it.

“If you have nothing else to tell me, then I’ll be going.”

She made a movement to leave, but Leeteuk grabbed her arm.

“Can you not go? Only for today, can you stay?”

Maybe it was jealousy, or maybe only pure paranoia, but he couldn’t shake this feeling off. Something about this Kei guy was weird. He couldn’t put his finger on what it was, but he felt it strongly.

Frowning, Minha pulled her arm making the blond let go.

“You, who pretend to know me so well, should know that I hate when people try to control me.”

“I’m not! I’m just trying to protect you!”

“I don’t need protection from you! And…” she hesitated a second before saying it. “… for me, you’re as much as a stranger as Kei.”

Leeteuk looked down, his heart aching. She was right… Even if she did remember some things, she didn’t remember all their relationship and he still was for her a distant shadow.  Looking guilty at him, Minha brushed his arm lightly, her expression softened.

“I promise that I’ll call you.”

He nodded and then watched her walking away… with another guy.

***

After that fiasco, Leeteuk decided not to waste coming all the way here and went to visit his little brother. Since it wasn’t Kangin the head of the dorms anymore and the new one wasn’t as lenient, Leeteuk had to sneak in. He succeeded, without being seen, and soon he was in Eunhyuk’s room.

“Hey hyung, what are you doing here?”

“Donghae’s not here?”

“He has practice with Hangeng-hyung; he’ll only be back in the evening, why?”

“Nothing…”

The two brothers sat on the beds and spent the rest of the day telling each other about the recent happenings.

“She is spending a lot of her time with that Kei guy…” Leeteuk commented, after a while.

“Are you jealous, hyung?” Eunhyuk teased his brother.

“Not jealous… just concerned.”

“Well I think you should be worried, Donghae told me the guy was hot!”

Leeteuk glared at his little brother and this one raised his hands innocently. The worst part of it was that Eunhyuk was actually right… The blond young man frowned.

“I thought you weren’t talking to Hae…?”

Eunhyuk lost his smile immediately and shrugged.

“We are not together anymore but we are still roommates, so yeah… we talk.”

“Isn’t it awkward?”

Eunhyuk shrugged again and stayed silent.

“You’re the one who broke up aren’t you? Why don’t you stop being stubborn and just go back to him?”

“Because it’s not that simple… and don’t think I didn’t noticed how you changed the subject! Did something happen between you and Minha?”

Leeteuk didn’t say a word and just glared at his little brother. It’s not like he didn’t want to tell him, it’s just that he didn’t know what to tell him. Yes, something did happen, but the blond young man didn’t know what it meant. And before he did, he didn’t want to get his hopes up or talk about it, especially not with his brother. But well… at least he could tell him what happened earlier.

“I came to pick her up but she ditched me to go with this Kei guy…”

“And you’ll still pretend you’re not jealous?!”

Leeteuk threw him a dark glare and at the same time the door opened and Donghae came in. It was already this late?

“Hyung, I didn’t know you were supposed to come.”

“He wasn’t. He came to see Minha but then got rejected.” Eunhyuk said with detachment.

Leeteuk could’ve killed his little brother right now…!

“Oh… I hope things get better between you two.”

Suddenly Donghae’s cellphone rang and he picked it up. Leeteuk turned to his little brother, glaring at him.

“Seriously?”

“What?! I only said the truth!”

Neither Leeteuk nor Eunhy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter