Hae's Dream - Revelations

Long Lost Dreams
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Donghae's Dream - (Hae's PoV)

“I can’t believe you told her!” Donghae yelled.

Eunhyuk and he were in front of the Lee’s house, Siwon one step on the porch. Donghae was clenching his fists so hard that he was sure that soon he wouldn’t have any blood left on his hands. But at this moment he couldn’t care less. He couldn’t believe what Eunhyuk did. How could he? How dared he?! Now everything was ruined because of him.

“I know you were angry at me but I never thought you would go to this length to get back at me!”

“What?!”

Eunhyuk seemed shocked and outraged, but well he brought that upon himself.

“You’re wrong Hae…” Siwon started. “…it was an accident.”

But Eunhyuk raised a hand to interrupt Siwon.

“Let him think whatever he wants to. If he needs to blame someone that much then let it be me, as usual.”

“Oh yeah you’re such a victim!” Donghae snapped.

Eunhyuk’s calm was getting on his nerves.

“To think that I came here because Siwon convinced me I was in the wrong…”

“If you needed convincing and didn’t even come here by your own free will, then it’s useless. I don’t want half-heartedly sincerity. Don’t come back before.”

That slapped Donghae right in the face. It hurt him so badly that he wanted to hurt Eunhyuk back, to make him feel as miserable as he was feeling. In a y mode he snapped back.

“After today I don’t think that will happen!”

Eunhyuk’s reaction: he shrugged. Donghae was telling him that he had no intention of going back to his side and all he does is shrug? Furious Donghae turned away and stormed out to his car. He almost hoped for Eunhyuk to follow and stop him but the thin boy didn’t move and Donghae started the car and went away. Saying that the brunet was upset was an understatement. Donghae had never been so mad in his whole life and he had no idea how to deal with it. It seemed like everything in his life was going south, he had no more control over anything and was spiraling down the hole he dig himself. He was driving aimlessly when tears started streaming down his cheeks. He swiped them, angry at himself for being that weak. Since he had woken up from his coma two years ago, Donghae promised himself he wouldn’t cry anymore, that he wouldn’t let things bring him down again and that he would no more be weak. Not even when his friends and best friend got hurt did he break, so he wasn’t going to let it happen now. Bt he had tears and sobs stuck in his throat and it was getting harder to breathe. The boy suddenly stopped the car and tried controlling his breathing to not hyperventilate. When he succeeded he looked around to know where he was. It must be a joke… Before him were the big gates of the cemetery. He wondered how his unconscious could drive him to that place amongst all others. The brunet got out of the car and entered the silent place. He knew exactly where he was going, while walking in between the graves. A few minutes later there he was after all this time, the words almost shining under the sun.

“Lee Minha, loving daughter, sister and friend.”

Reading this was the last straw. Donghae fell on his knee in front of his sister’s grave and burst into tears. He let out all his fears, his frustrations, his sadness, in long desperate cries. He did so many efforts to be strong; he worked so hard to harden his heart, to end like this… Oh well anyway he couldn’t stop the pain he was feeling in his chest, it threatened to eat him entirely. His sister now hated him and couldn’t even look at him anymore. He had betrayed her trust, and instead of helping her he had been lying and building a fake life all around her. And Eunhyuk… His eyes when he looked at the brunet earlier, it was like he was so far away… Donghae was so sure that no matter what happened between them; Eunhyuk would always come back because he told Hae he loved him. But now the brunet wasn’t so sure. He took the dancer for granted and now he was regretting it. The boy continued crying to his soul’s content. Minutes passed, then hours. He didn’t know how long he stayed there, but it must’ve been a while as his tears had time to dry on his cheeks. He then suddenly heard steps behind him. He was after all in a public place and others came to mourn their dead. Donghae tried to regain some composure and stood up. The steps stopped just next to him. He raised his eyes to come face to face to the last person he was expecting to see here.

“Minha…” he let out in a whisper.

No doubt about it, his sister was just in front of him, but somehow changed. Her beautiful dark hairs were now cut up to her shoulders.

“Your hair…”

“I wanted to change.” she simply said.

She was talking and acting normal, which wasn’t normal at all! Specially after the scene she made earlier.

“I knew I would find you here…”

How could she know that he would come here when he didn’t even know himself? She moved to the grave and he got out of her way. She then kneeled down and followed her graved name in stone with her finger, just like she did the first time she came here.

“Do you miss her?” she asked.

Donghae was confused. His sister wasn’t in that grave; she was bone and flesh in front of him. But of course she didn’t mean that, and Donghae somehow understood. She was talking about the girl she used to be…

“I wonder if I’m enough…” she whispered.

“Minha about earlier…”

But the girl cut him.

“I remember the accident.”

“What?” he asked surprised.

She turned to him, her eyes in the void.

“I remember every single detail of it.”

Donghae wanted to ask so many questions: like when did she gain her memory back? Why didn’t she say anything before now? But the boy stayed silent, he was in no position to say anything. She took a long inspiration and started her story, because even Donghae didn’t remember all of it.

“I remember how uncle was pressing us to get in the car but we didn’t want to leave, because it meant going back to school. I remember how delicious our aunt’s sandwich was and how you made the salad fall all over in the car, while eating.”

The boy couldn’t help but smile slightly at the happy memories. It was so long ago…

“Then I don’t really know how, we fell into the water. We were sinking so fast and water was pouring from all side. I tried calling aunt and uncle but they didn’t answer. You too were unconscious as your head hit the window during the fall… I tried my best to wake you up but nothing worked. I then tried to undo you seat belt, because we had to get out of there or die.”

She paused as if it was too painful to continue. Donghae could understand; the small flashes he had from the accident were as overwhelming.

“I managed to break the window on your side with my legs, which only left us a moment before our lungs would be filled with water. That’s when you woke up.”

Donghae remembered how his sister pressed him to get out of the car, and swim for his life. But why didn’t she follow him? AS to answer his question she looked away.

“Your seat belt detached and you were able to get away but mine was stuck. No matter how much I tried the thing would simply not come off.”

Another pause.

“Everything was so dark and my lungs were burning, I couldn’t breathe anymore. But I was in peace because I knew at least you were alright.”

Guilt pierced Donghae’ heart. He shouldn’t have left her; he should’ve gone back for her. He could’ve prevented so many things from happening, then…

“Then, I don’t know what happened… I was drowning. I don’t remember getting of the car, I just… The current dragged me down the stream and I struggled to get on a bank. Exhausted, I stayed there, lying on the ground, lost…”

For the millionth time today, Donghae had tears in his e

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter