Hyuk’s Dream - Dance Competition

Long Lost Dreams
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Eunhyuk's Dream - (Hyuk's PoV)

After everything that happened with Minha the mood wasn’t good. They still had a few months left before the end of the year, and a part from their personal life’s drama, they also had exams to pass and for Eunhyuk he had the dance club to manage. The situation with Donghae didn’t change one bit, even if Minha assure him she spoke to her twin. Donghae’s stubbornness had no limit and Eunhyuk was way too tired to fight on that. They still shared the same room, the same classes and the same club, when Donghae wasn’t busy with Hangeng’s crew. They didn’t even hang out together anymore… Kyuhyun had come back to school and since, he, Siwon, Ryeowook and Donghae were usually together, exactly like a few years ago. On the other hand Eunhyuk spent much more time with his Sungmin and Junsu, and honestly he was happy about it. Having his old gang, his best friends back, was somehow reassuring, at least one thing that didn’t change. It was after practice, Donghae went away as soon as it was over, when Sungmin came to put an arm around Eunhyuk’s shoulders.

“Wanna grab a drink with me?” he asked.

“Aren’t you meeting your boyfriend?”

“He can survive without me for an evening.”

Eunhyuk frowned. “Do I look that pitiful to you?”

“Absolutely!” Sungmin said while pushing his friend out of the practice room.

Junsu, that was smirking not that far away, followed them. They stopped by their room to take a shower and get changed before going out of school to their favorite bar, downtown. School’s curfew policy had been lifted for the last years for their last semester since it would be the end soon. The three friends sat down at their usual spot and ordered their drinks. Then slowly they started talking about everything and nothing.

“You remember that time where we were so drunk that we provoked a bar fight?!” Sungmin suddenly said.

“You two were a wreck the next day!” Junsu commented. “It wasn’t pretty.”

Eunhyuk remembered that day very well and thinking about it now and the ridiculous paradox, the thin boy started laughing sadly. His friends threw him a questioning look so he explained.

“Min, do you remember why we came to the bar in the first place?”

“Wasn’t it because you were upset after an argument you had with your brother?”

“That night, we fought about Minha, because I couldn’t forget her.”

His two friends frowned, but that only made him laugh even more.

“Who would’ve thought that we would be in this situation now?”

“That’s it, he lost it…!” Sungmin commented.

Suddenly Junsu got all serious and his hands under his chin, like a doctor, he leaned closer to Eunhyuk, over the table.

“And now, do you wanna talk about Minha?” he asked.

Eunhyuk calmed himself and shook his head.

“Wanna talk about Donghae then?”

The thin boy stared at Junsu surprised.

“You made me come here to talk about Donghae?”

“No we came here to make you forget about him!” Sungmin said, throwing dark glances to the other blond boy.

Eunhyuk shrugged.

“We can talk about it if you guys want, but there’s nothing left to be said, that’s all.”

“What do you mean: there’s nothing left to say?” Sungmin exclaimed suddenly. “It’s not really over between you two is it?!”

Eunhyuk shrugged again and his two friend’s eyes widened. But well, Eunhyuk had already been over it over and over again and he had to come to the realization even if he still loved the brunet, they just couldn’t understand each other anymore. Like he told his friends, it’s not that he didn’t want to talk about it but there was nothing left to be said. Junsu and Sungmin didn’t insist and they changed the subject to continue drinking and talking nonsense. Hours later, it was Eunhyuk that had to take his half-drunk friends home. Finally he was back in his room and he found the light n and his roommate sitting on his bed. As soon as he saw that, the boy knew what was waiting for him and he sighed.

“Were you out?” Donghae asked.

“Why do you care?”

Eunhyuk bit his lip at the same moment he said that. He wasn’t planning on being ride, it just slipped. Donghae let out a long sigh, as if h was expecting such answer.

“Did you drink?”

“I’m not drunk, if that’s the question. What do you want?”

“I wanna talk.”

“What a surprise!” Eunhyuk chuckled, unamused.

Turning his back to the brunet, the thin boy started to get undressed and put his pajamas on.

“Can you be serious for two seconds?!”

Eunhyuk turned around violently.

“Listen, I’m tired, I have alcohol in my system and I’m really not in the mood so please get over with it.”

Donghae sighed again.

“You’re really not easy to talk to…”

“I could say the same thing about you.”

Donghae got up and came to the thin boy.

“Can we not fight tonight please?”

“You think I like fighting with you? I don’t! But I can’t seem to be able, every time I see you I feel so angry…”

Something in Eunhyuk’s brain warned him that he was going too far. That he was talking too much and that he shouldn’t be so honest. Maybe alcohol was having more effect on him than he thought… Donghae seemed hurt by the thin boy’s words and that made Eunhyuk feel slightly guilty.

“So… what did you wanna talk about?” he asked eager to get over with it.

“I’m quitting the dance club.”

“Excuse me?”

“After next week’s dance competition I’m quitting the club. Between Geng-hyung’s training and our final exams, it’s been hard to find time for the club, so it’s better if I stopped.”

Eunhyuk kept staring at Donghae, eyes widened, not believing what he was hearing. First he was surprised that Donghae could ever stop dancing, even if he would still be dancing with Hangeng’s crew. And so that meant that one of the only things they both still did together, well they wouldn’t anymore. It meant that they were now only really classmates. It showed now, that the space between them was wide and only getting wider. Eunhyuk was mad and hurt, but again he had to come to his senses, it was really over between them. All his tiny bits of hope were constantly crushed down by the brunet and the dancer was tired of this. He shoved Donghae aside and got under his covers.

“Do as you like.” he said trying to sound as detached as possible.

“It’s not because of you…” Donghae started.

But the thin boy cut him by turning around to throw a dark glance at him.

“It’s not you it’s me?! Of course it’s you! You’re the one always doing whatever you want, so don’t stop on my account now.”

Again he turned his back to Donghae and pulled the covers over his head.

“Now let me sleep, you’re starting to give me a headache.”

He expected Donghae to say something else, or maybe he hoped for it, but the brunet didn’t add anything and went to sleep too.

Eunhyuk didn’t sleep very well that night. The next morning, his roommate was already gone and after that they didn’t talk about it anymore. Actually they didn’t speak at all. Eunhyuk didn’t have time to spend crying on himself, because like Donghae pointed out the day before, they had a dance competition in less than a week. So he focused all his attention in training. And that’s how, a week later, Eunhyuk, Sungmin, Junsu, Rinha, Donghae, Minha, Ryeowook and a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter