Minha's Dream - Lab Partners

Long Lost Dreams
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Minha's Dream - (Min's PoV)

Flashback – 5 years ago

It’s been a few weeks now that Minha and Eunhyuk were lab partners. And well the result was… unexpectedly good. Eunhyuk wasn’t that bad of a student and he was taking their assignments rather seriously. Of course he would gladly spend most of his time teasing Minha while they were supposed to work, but he would always finish what they had to do on time. Actually Eunhyuk was better than she was… Chemistry was never one of Minha’s favorite subjects and she was starting to have some trouble with it. That’s why Eunhyuk offered to help her with their assignments. She still didn’t know if she was going to pay a price afterwards for it or not, but she took in on his offer, and against her will, Minha’s opinion about Eunhyuk was changing bit by bit…

It was the middle of the week; they were in the labs doing their assignment and Minha was starting to get frustrated.

“I don’t get it!!! I put the sodium as it says but why doesn’t it give the reaction I need?!”

Who was half sleeping next to her, lifted his head slightly. Of course she shouldn’t expect him to be this much of a good student.

“Please try not to blow this thing off my face, much obliged.”

“Then help me out!”

The boy had one of his famous smirks and lifted his head more.

“Is Lee Minha, the top student, asking for my help?”

She hated when he had that condescending smile. But at the same time she couldn’t deny the obvious.

“So? Are you going to help or not?! If not then never mind and just go back to sleep!”

“So petty…”

She winced but didn’t say anything, Eunhyuk liked to provoke her and she didn’t want to give him the satisfaction of it. He finally sighed, smiling softly.

“The sodium chloride can’t be mixed alone with the potassium; you have to separate the two elements by…”

He explained what they had to do and nonchalant he mixed the solutions like it was the most obvious thing ever. Minha had to admit that she wasn’t really paying attention to what he was doing, more focused on his hands.

Soon the bell rang the end of class. Minha wanted to ask Eunhyuk questions about what he did so she could write the report but by the time she put everything in her bag he was gone. She rushed outside to try catching him up when she ran over Donghae.

“Wow! Where are you going running like this?”

“Sorry Fishy, I have to catch this lazy bum!”

“Who?”

But the girl was already gone. She went straight to the parking lot, hoping to have a chance of finding him and she did when she spotted him getting into an old yellow truck. She ran to him.

 “Hyukjae! We have to finish the report!”

He turned to her, but he wasn’t smirking or smiling, he seemed even a little bit mad.

“No one calls me Hyukjae.”

He was scary… Minha had forgotten with who she was dealing with…

“I’m sorry… I won’t call you like that anymore.” she said taking a step back, and tried lightening the mood. “I didn’t know you had a car…”

“It’s my hyung's…”

Ok that didn’t work much… So hell to it, she would just go back to business.

“The lab report is due tomorrow.”

He turned away for a moment, like if he was thinking about it, and then turned to her again with his smirk back on.

“Hop in.” he said pointing at the seat next to his.

“I can’t, I’m going back home with my brother.”

“Ah… the guy from last time? I thought you were similar… Does he need a babysitter?”

She didn’t say anything and Eunhyuk sighed.

“I shouldn’t have barked at you. Come on I’m not going to bite you!”

Still she didn’t move. The boy turned the engine on and started moving with the car very slowly. Then, his hand out of the window he started stating.

“If you mix the two elements and make them burn at the right temperature you’ll obtain an homogeny solution that can after be used to… ”

He didn’t finish his sentence letting her hang on… She stayed put for a moment, but in the end gave in.

“Ok! Wait up!”

He stopped the car so she got in. If she was living with him she had to tell her brother about it, so she sent him a message and told him they wouldn’t be able to do home together. She didn’t say with whom she was, although it could’ve been a good idea to do so, in case she never came back from it…!

As he had promised, Eunhyuk helped her complete the report for today’s experiment, seriously. In the end they agreed that from now on, Eunhyuk would do the experiments and Minha would be the one writing the report. She was done with it but he still was driving, and it already been a moment.

“Where are we going?” Minha asked.

“Why? You are scared of spending some time with me?”

“I have a reputation to maintain.” she .

Eunhyuk laughed. It was the second time she heard him laugh, and at those moments he didn’t seemed as scary… Suddenly he turned the car and pulled into what seems a school’s parking lot.

“Where are we?”

“My old middle school.”

They got out of the car and she wanted to ask what they were doing here but he suddenly grabbed her hand and went to a back entrance.

“Come.” he said.

They got in. The school was empty, since it was past class hours already, so they could freely walk on the hallways. She was still a bit worried.

“Are you sure we have the right to be here?”

“Of course we don’t have the right to be here!” she stared at him horrified and he smirked, winking at her. “Are you scared of being caught?”

“Of course I am!!!!” she said raising her voice in panic.

“Shhhh…!”

Eunhyuk put a finger in front of his mouth to tell her to be quiet and the girl put a hand before too or she would yell even more at him. Even though, they were already in so she continued following him. Still holding her hand he opened a door and they took stairs going up. Finally they arrived at the last floor, and as if he had done a hundred of times, he opened the door so they could get out. That’s when Minha understood that they were on the school’s roof. As soon as they were out Eunhyuk started laughing loudly.

“What’s so funny?!” she asked, slightly vexed.

“The first time you break the rules, perfect girl! Congrats!”

She crossed her arms on her chest, clearly pouting.

“What are we doing here anyway?”

Eun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter