Epilogue - What's Next

Long Lost Dreams
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Epilogue

5 years later

“Come on, we’re going to be late!” Eunhyuk shouted.

The dance was already at his apartment entrance, ready to leave, waiting for Donghae. Not able to take it anymore he furiously went to their bedroom to see what the other was doing.

“What the hell is taking you so long?”

At the same moment, he saw Donghae in front of the mirror, he stopped. The brunet turned to him with pleading eyes, holding his poorly made tie knot.

“Hyukkie!” he whined. “It’s not working; I can’t put it on correctly.”

For a minute Eunhyuk stayed there just staring at his lover. It was the third time he saw Donghae wearing a tuxedo, and he had to admit the brunet looked damn good in it. His pants were perfectly cut to fit him and his white shirt seemed to be sculpted for Donghae figure, slightly transparent, letting guess the dancer’s muscles under it. For a brief second, Eunhyuk felt the need to just tear down the other’s shirt and pull him out from it to see and touch the perfect body under it. Eunhyuk had to slap himself mentally to suppress that impulse, it wasn’t the right moment, and they would have plenty of time to do it later. Instead, the thin dancer turned his attention back to Donghae. Pouted lips and those chocolate puppy eyes, the brunet looked like a kid, which contrasted a lot with his y figure. Eunhyuk eventually went to him and taking the tie from his hands, started making the knot.

“How many times will I have to do it? I already showed you a hundred times how it’s done!”

“Yeah but it’s never the same when I do it. You do it better.”

Eunhyuk shook his head, half smiling. Donghae could be such a baby sometimes. Once he was done, the thin boy pulled on the tie making Donghae lean forward and pecked his lips.

“How can you be so adorable, seriously?”

Donghae had a silly smile on his lips and silently asked for another kiss, which Eunhyuk happily complied. Then when he pulled away the thin boy frowned.

“In the meantime we are still late.”

They quickly took their jacket and hurriedly went to take the car. Before Eunhyuk closed the door he took a last glance at his small little dog that was in the hallway to send them off and blew her a kiss.

“We’ll be back soon, guard the house well, Choco.”

And they went away. During the whole way, Eunhyuk wouldn’t stop complaining about how unacceptable it was for them to be late. The way took longer than expected and the snow outside wasn’t helping to go fast. Finally they arrived in front of the illuminated house. And they weren’t the only ones arriving only now. As soon as they got out of the car Kyumin couple went to greet them.

“Why doesn’t it surprise me that you two are late?” Eunhyuk commented.

“Not my fault.” Kyuhyun said, crossing is arms. “Minnie here, spent hours in the bathroom getting ready. He is worse than a girl.”

“My fault?! You drive like an old lady, that’s why we are late!”

Donghae smiled. Even after all those years Kyumin couple always stayed the same, faithful to themselves.

“By the way you two can’t say anything; you’re as late as us! Were yu doing uncatholic things?”

With a calculated calm, Eunhyuk put an arm around Sungmin’s shoulders and pulled him towards the house.

“Instead of spreading nonsense let’s rather get in, before I destroy you’re well brushed hairs…”

Before they knocked on the door, Kyuhyun took Hae’s arm, and arm in arm they walked and the youngest whispered in the brunet’s ear.

“I missed you hyung.”

“Me too Kyukyu. We should gather more often.”

“If you were less busy we could indeed.”

“You can talk! You have an even busier schedule than we do! It’s almost impossible to get some news from you, Wookie and Yesung-hyung with all your traveling the world doing shows. Seriously I don’t know how Sungmin does it…”

“The perks of being famous.” Kyuhyun smirked. “And well it’s not always easy, but me and Min we manage.”

“No wonder Sungmin’s cranky all the time when we have a tour.”

Kyuhyun laughed and hugged his hyung. The two childhood friends in front of them finally rang the bell of the house. A few seconds later the door opened and Minha appeared, dressed with a long golden dress.

“Hello you late comers. Did you switch lovers now?” she asked, pointing at Sungmin and Eunhyuk’s closeness.

“Are you crazy?! NEVER!” both boys exclaimed at the same time.

They all laughed. Suddenly a little girl, dark long hairs, wearing a fluffy pink dress, appeared behind Rinha. Seeing who was at the door her eyes lightened up.

“Uncle Hyukkie!”

The little girl came running with all her might and Eunhyuk just got down in time to tale the little girl in his arms.

“Sunhi! My god how big you got!”

Happily, he turned in circles with the girl in his arms, laughing. Behind them Donghae was just watching silently, a smile plastered on his face.

“And no hello for me?” Sungmin complained.

Sunhi bared her face in Eunhyuk’s neck and said loud enough.

“The scary uncle is there too!!!!!”

Everyone laughed at her cuteness, while Sungmin just pouted.

“Kids always speak the truth.” Kyuhyun teased. “In the meantime can we come in? It’s freezing out here!”

Rinha got out of the way to let them space to come into the house. Already knowing the house, Sungmin and Kyuhyun went to the living room with Rinha when Sunhi frowned.

“Where is my husband?” she asked Eunhyuk.

“You mean my husband!”

“No he is mine!” the girl insisted and finally she spotted Donghae that was still taking his shoes off. “My husband!!!!” she exclaimed.

Then the little girl opened her arms clearly showing that she wanted to go in Hae’s now. Reluctantly Eunhyuk gave Sunhi to Donghae, who as soon as he got her, showered her with kisses, playfully. The girl laughed and Hae could see Eunhyuk pouting.

“I’m jealous now…” he whispered.

Hae smirked and whispered something in Sunhi’s ear. Then they got closer to Eunhyuk and on the brunet’s mark, both he and the little kid kissed Eunhyuk’s cheek on both sides. Surprised, Eunhyuk couldn’t help but blush, making the two pranksters laugh even harder. Then Sunhi got serious suddenly.

“I love you too samchon. But my husband is my husband.” She said, clinging on Hae’s neck.

Eunhyuk sketched a smile.

“3 years old and already she knows what’s the best.”

“Yah! Are you going to spend your evening in the hallway?” a voice shouted from the living room.

Still with the girl in his arms, Donghae and his lover followed the voice to the main room. When they arrived a small group of people were waiting for them. It was the brunet’s – I don’t know how many times – time in Rinha’s house, but this time the living room was entirely decorated. White, green and red lights everywhere, candles, wall and table decorations, the whole house were showing Christmas’s spirit. The room wasn’t that big but arranged like they did, there was space for everyone to sit down around the room and in the center there was a huge Christmas tree, entirely lightened and decorated. In all, the atmosphere around him was warm and cozy.

“Finally! Are we not even worth of a hello?” Heechul complained.

“You too are jealous of a 3 years old?” Eunhyuk teased.

“Only you are capable of being this immature, Hyukjae. By the way Sunhi, come see you real uncle!”

“Shiro!” the girl exclaimed again. “I want to stay with nampyon!”

“Aish…”

Who could stay serious at this little girl’s cuteness and at how she putted the great Kim Heechul back in his place? Since Sunhi was born a few years back, she had been the band’s little mascot. Of course everyone loved her, and she succeeded in taming Heechul who was absolutely head over heels for his niece, but she had a particular relationship with Donghae and Eunhyuk, being her two favorite oppas. They would often visit Rinha and tried their best to spend as much time as they could with the little girl, because even if they didn’t have the same blood, they still were family.
Jaejoong, Rinha’s husband, rose from the sofa and opened his arms.

“Come on Sunhi, baby, let the poor Donghae breathe a little bit. Let’s go take some of the appetizers in the kitchen with daddy.”

Pouting, Sunhi let go of Hae’s neck and when she was on the ground, like the good girl she was, she followed her dad. Now that he was free, Donghae went to greet everyone that was in the room. On the sofa there was Rinha sitting next to her big brother and Hangeng squeezed in the corner. In the right part of the room there was Junsu with a beautiful girl with long dark hair, whom he introduced as Hani, his new girlfriend. Eunhyuk warmly congratulated him and his childhood friend promised to give him some details of how they met, later.

Not so far away were Yesung and Ryeowook, always together wherever they went, who were talking with Kyuhyun and Sungmin. Since they’ve quitted college, since Yesung already had a good reputation already in the musical world it was easy for Ryeowook and Kyuhyun to follow him in it. At everyone’s surprise Kyuhyun became a singer - his dad supported him, being content that his son at least had a college diploma – and the three friends became the KRY, a successful ballad group with already 3 CD’s in 5 years. Donghae was happy to see his friends because they’ve spend most of their time working on their songs or promoting everywhere in the world. Not that he and Eunhyuk where any less busy.

Then you had Siwon accompanied by his now well-known boyfriend – who was none other than their ex literature teacher – Kim Kibum. They both were close to the buffet table, Kibum seeming uncomfortable to mingle with others. Hae knew, from what Siwon had told him, that the young man was still accepting the fact that he liked another man and how to l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter