Minha's Dream - What goes around...

Long Lost Dreams
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Minha's Dream - (Min's PoV)

After her talk with Donghae everything went back to normal and they resumed classes. Rinha came back to the dorm which was great for Minha since she needed to talk about everything that happened recently, and a whole LOT happened. The blond girl apologized for keeping Donghae and Eunhyuk’s secret and Minha reassured her, she didn’t hold it against her friend. One night Jiwon joined them in their room for a girl’s night. They were talking about random things when the boys talk came. Rinha would repeat over and over again how wonderful and perfect her husband was, when on the other hand, Jiwon would complain about stalker Yoochun. Until it was Minha’s turn…

“I kissed Leeteuk.”

Jiwon and Rinha chocked at the same time. “WHAT?!”

“Well… he kissed me and then I kissed him, but who cares about details, right?”

“Are you kidding? I do! I want all the details!” Rinha exclaimed.

“All of it?”

“All of it!”

Jiwon turned to her wincing.

“Gross unnie! I didn’t know you were that much of a ert!”

Then Jiwon and Minha started laughing. Rinha realized too late that the two girls were making fun of her. They continue laughing while Rinha sulked. But Minha lost her smile quickly. It really did happen and now she didn’t know what to do about it. She didn’t know how to face Leeteuk. The dark haired girl took the time to explain how it happened to her two friends, and then sighed.

“What should I do now?”

“Well, do you have feelings for him?”

“I’m attracted to him but maybe not at the length of calling it feelings.”

“You have to settle what you really feel before you talk to him.” Jiwon said.

Minha nodded, she knew that. She just hoped to be able to come to a decision in time; she didn’t want to hurt Leeteuk more than she already did.

Days passed, and school was as boring as ever. Minha’s skills to be first of the class weren’t lost and she already knew the contents of almost all her classes. Jiwon just behind her when it came to good grades. And because of that, exactly like back in high school, a lot of people disliked her. That’s why the dark haired girl didn’t really have the chance to make other friends outside her brother’s circle. Not that she wanted to, but she felt that her role with Donghae was inverted.

One day, she had a free period and since Yoochun came to kidnap Jiwon to somewhere, Minha found herself alone, so she decided to go to the library. She really liked libraries, as much as she loved books. The smell of old paper and wood calmed her down somehow. Minha was looking for a place to sit when she spotted an unexpected person, half sleeping on his table.

“Aren’t you supposed to be in class?” she asked, getting closer to his table.

Eunhyuk looked up and winced at her.

“I didn’t feel like going...”

“So you’re skipping class?!”

“And hiding in the library.”

Minha smiled slightly.

“True that no one would ever think of looking for you here.”

Eunhyuk smirked and put his head back on the table while Minha sat across him. The girl had to admit that she was a bit nervous, she hadn’t see or spoken with Eunhyuk since last time and even if she knew Donghae talked to him, they didn’t have time to have a real conversation since she knew the truth.

“What are you hiding from?” she asked.

“Life?”

She raised an eyebrow and the boy lifted his head, sighing.

“Your brother is a very complicated person.”

“And you only realize it now? It’s been like, what, almost 3 years that you two are together?”

Eunhyuk winced again and Minha wondered if it was too early to joke about it…

“He wasn’t like that before…” the boy couldn’t finish his sentence but she understood.

“Before me.” She completed.

“Don’t take this the wrong way but when you’re around he is completely different! No wonder I didn’t like him back in high school!”

Minha couldn’t help but find it cute. She was still getting used to the idea that her twin brother was now dating her ex-boyfriend. But she also found extremely cute how Eunhyuk really seemed to care about Donghae.

“I don’t take it the wrong way… I know how Donghae can be, but now that I know, give him a little time and I’m sure everything will go back to normal.”

Eunhyuk sighed.

“The thing is, I’m not sure I want things to go back to normal…”

Minha frowned, surprised.

“You don’t like Hae anymore?”

“No, it’s not what I meant! What I’m saying is that I want things to change, and not go back to the way they were before. It was good before too, but now things happened and if we try to go back to a past that no longer exists then things won’t work out.”

Minha stared at the boy, wondering when did he became so mature? She remembered what Leeteuk told her before: trying to build a future that we won’t want to run away from. That’s exactly what Eunhyuk wanted to do.  Suddenly the thin boy looked up at her.

“Did you knew? During those past months, I’ve always wondered if you weren’t already aware of everything but didn’t say anything to protect Donghae.”

“I didn’t know… But I guess I suspected it, especially at one specific moment.”

The blond boy threw her a questioning look.

“Our kiss.” she explained. “Since I came back the only thing I could think of was kissing you. Because I wanted to know how it felt.”

Eunhyuk blushed.

“It was an amazing kiss…” he whispered.

“It was!” she laughed. “But at the same time I felt like I was kissing my brother! That’s when I realized that something in our relationship was missing. And that was probably because your heart belonged to someone else.”

Again Eunhyuk blushed, but at the same time he had a silly smile on his face. Minha found it simply adorable, so continued.

“From that point I tried to put that aside and focus on other things that were bothering me about my memory.”

This time Eunhyuk lost his smile.

“I’m sorry we kept it from you for so long… And I’m sorry that… that I’m with Donghae.”

Minha took Eunhyuk’s hand in hers and caressed it slightly.

“Never apologize for loving! Especially not loving my brother! Your love is not something you should feel ashamed or sorry about. And like I told you before, I have no problem with you two together; I was just surprised and upset that you lied to me when I was struggling so much to remember…”

Eunhyuk smiled sadly and squeezed her hand back.

“I’m sorry again that we didn’t tell you anything…”

“I know it was probably Hae that was too scared of the consequences and of my reaction, and kept the lie for so long.”

The thin boy raised an eyebrow, impress that she had guessed right. Minha knew her brother too well. But it wasn’t entirely Donghae’s fault either… from now on, she too wouldn’t ignore what was going around her and would confront the things when needed.

Again Eunhyuk suddenly lost his smile.

“When you said that you felt like you were kissing your brother does it mean that you have no longer any feelings for me?”

Minha smiled at him but said seriously.

“I will always love you. You were my first and last boyfriend, but above all you are one of my best friends. But no, indeed, I don’t think I have any romantic feelings left for you.”

The boy sighed, looking reassured, and Minha was happy too, to be able to say what she really felt.

“Well could you tell that to your brother then? Because he is still convinced that you love me and that if we are together we will hurt you in some way.”

Minha sighed.

“He is still trying to sacrifice his happiness for me…”

“Donghae has this weird idea that he will have to choose between us two… And I really don’t know what to do anymore to prove him that he doesn’t have to.” Eunhyuk exclaimed.

“I don’t think he will listen to me either…”

Eunhyuk looked down and sighed, as if he resigned to the idea that for now Donghae would be too stubborn to listen to anyone. After a few seconds of silence Eunhyuk looked up at Minha again.

“You know, we went to your grave a couple of times with Hae, to ask for your approval…” the thin boy said.

“You don’t need my consent or my blessing, Hyukkie… but instead I can give you my full support.”

Eunhyuk took her hand to his lips and kissed it slightly.

“That’s why I loved you so much.”

Minha smiled back and at that exact moment they understood each other perfectly. Their silence and smile meant more than words could ever say. Finally Minha and Eunhyuk had closure.

***

It was the week end, Minha and her brother went back home to spend it with their parents. They were all trying hard to find back a normal family dynamic. Minha didn’t ask Donghae about Eunhyuk, she felt that it wasn’t her place to do so… But she could see that the brunet was worried.

It was Saturday morning and with no define plan for the day, the two siblings were on the couch watching a tv. That’s when their home’s phone rang. Donghae picked it up and after a long and meaningful stare at her, he hand her the phone.

“It’s for you.”

Donghae wasn’t smiling which got Minha worried even before she heard the shrink’s voice.

“Hello Minha, how are you doing?”

She didn’t say anything. It’s been a few months since she had been discharged from the hospital, but even so she kept going to see the doctor in order to work on her amnesia, dreams and possible traumas. But since she discovered everything and remembered the accident she was better. And she hadn’t been to the shrink for a month now, so his call could only mean trouble…

“Minha? Are you still there?”

“Sorry doctor, hello. What can I do for you?”

“I was calling to check on you.”

She didn’t believe it for a second…

“Are you sure there’s nothing else?”

This time it was the doctor’s turn to be silent. She knew something was up and she didn’t want to around the bushes she was done doing that.

“What is it doc?”

“Something came up.  But before I tell you about it I want you to know that it’s totally your choice, you’re not bound to do anything, and don’t owe it to anyone but yourself.”

“I don’t get what you’re saying doc…”

Minha tried to ignore her brother’s curious and worried eyes and focus on what the doc was telling her.

“Someone from your past appeared… Not it’s your choice it you wanna meet him and know about your 4 years gap or if you don’t.”

Again, Minha fell silent. She could hear and feel her blood pumping in her hear. Someone from her past, he said. Someone that knew who she was and held all the answers she was looking for.

“You don’t have to,” the shrink told her, “whatever you learn won’t change the person you are now.”

“I need to know.” She said.  “I have to meet this person.”

A few minutes later, accompanied by her brother, she arrived at the shrink’s cabinet. She was nervous that’s for sure, but at the same time she was awfully excited. She didn’t know what to expect. The doctor had said someone from her past but didn’t give any details; she only knew it was a he. The doc opened the door and she peaked inside but could only see someone sitting in the chair, turning his back to her. The doctor closed the door quickly to conceal the person.

“We should talk before you go in.”

That was frustrating the girl, she didn’t want to talk, she was passed that, now she only wanted answers.

“I want to see him.”

“You will, but first let’s get some things straight.”

“How did you find him?” Donghae asked.

“He found me actually…” the doc answered. “He came looking for her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter