Hae's Dream - Holding by a thread

Long Lost Dreams
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Donghae's Dream - (Hae's PoV)

 

Donghae woke up with a jerk, confused about where he was. He looked around and nothing had changed these past two days. Sungmin was sleeping on an armchair on Kyuhyun’s bedside, holding his lover’s hand tirelessly, as if he ever let it go the brunet would never wake up, which was probably true. Next to the brunet was Eunhyuk, sleeping on his shoulder, exhausted from staying awake almost 42 hours. The thin boy refused to sleep until he knew Kyuhyun was out of danger. They operated on him for hours, and each time a doctor would come out of the surgery room and would give no hope of boy’s recovery.

“He’s good as dead…” Donghae heard one of the nurses say.

But by a pure miracle, the young boy came out still breathing. Now they were waiting for a second miracle: Kyuhyun waking up. After hours of convincing, Donghae finally succeeded in putting Eunhyuk to rest. The funny thing was that Donghae himself was incapable of following his own advice and rest. He knew his sister was on the room next door watching over Rinha , still in a coma, and could came in and see him with Eunhyuk any minute. Donghae wasn’t heartless enough to deny the thin dancer of the comfort he needed, but the idea of being caught made him uneasy, and he was incapable of fully resting, which didn’t seem to bother Eunhyuk at all, as he slept soundlessly on Donghae’s shoulders. With a lot of care, the brunet pushed the boy on the side without waking him up and went to the hallway where he found the coffee machine. He needed something strong right now. He took a paper cup and ordered an expresso, that he hoped would help him feel better. If he wasn’t able to sleep then he needed at least enough strength to endure the next day. He sat down on the hallway chairs and inhaled the good smell of hot coffee in his hands. The boy had trouble wrapping his mind around what happened everything happened so fast. Donghae was driving not very far away from Eunhyuk and the others, when suddenly they disappeared and a few minutes later they found the car the side road. They got out of the car quickly looking for their friends and soon joined by Minha and the others. Donghae had only time to see Leeteuk quickly, covered in blood, before running to his lover and his dongsaeng. His heart ached as panic gained him when he saw a lifeless Kyuhyun and Sungmin crying with Eunhyuk. But soon enough the ambulance came. Once at the hospital Donghae stayed with Siwon and Jiwon, back in the waiting room, praying hard for their friend’s lives. Unexpectedly, Minha suggested to accompany Leeteuk to the ER, which surprised Donghae but at the same time gave him the opportunity to go check on his boyfriend. And Eunhyuk was in a pitiful state. He couldn’t stop blaming himself for the accident and only after Donghae insisted he got a checkup and the docs gave him some sedatives that he finally calmed himself.

Donghae took a sip from his coffee, enjoying the warm liquid going down his throat. His lack of sleep wasn’t only due to the worry of his friends; other things were bothering him too. A part from Minha or Eunhyuk, he had to think about the upcoming exams and most importantly what he was going to do after graduation. And on top of that he had his sister and boyfriend problems. Suddenly Rinha’s room’s door opened and Hangeng came out. Since Rinha wasn’t waking up, Heechul, Hangeng, Minha and of course her husband Jaejoong were staying with her and taking turns at her bedside. When Hangeng saw Donghae, his face lightened up.

“You look like crap.”

“Thanks hyung, you too.”

The older boy smiled and sat next to him, snatching the coffee cup from the brunet’s hands and taking a sip from it.

“So how is Hyukjae?”

“Still shaken… but I managed to make him rest a bit.”

“That’s good.”

“How’ Rin? And Heechul-hyung?”

“No changes for Rin, as for Chullie, I think he finally accepted your sister’s presence.”

“Not that he had a choice.”

Indeed Minha refused to leave her best friend’s room even if the girl’s brother wasn’t that delighted to have her there, knowing he couldn’t bear Minha. But she didn’t get impressed by the diva and stood her ground, which Donghae admired.

“Leeteuk comes by often too.” the Chinaman said, drinking some more of Donghae’s stolen cup.

“Teukkie-hyung?”

Hangeng nodded. Even if Leeteuk wasn’t wounded as badly as the others he still got 190 stiches so he had to stay at the hospital under observation. He was supposed to be released today, but neither did Donghae heard about him nor did he come to see his little brother, but he was visiting Rinha? Donghae didn’t get it…

“It’s nice of him to be there for Heechul-hyung.”

“I don’t think he’s here for Chullie.”

Donghae was waiting for Hangeng to add something more but he didn’t and the brunet left it as it was. He didn’t needed more drama right now and Leeteuk’s business was his.

“How’s Jaejoong-hyung doing?”

“He’s awfully calm. He has faith and hope that Rinha will wake up soon.”

Donghae nodded, wishing he had the same kind of faith. Jaejoong, Rin’s husband, rushed to the hospital at the same time as Heechul, but Donghae didn’t had time to greet him as he was focused on Sungmin, Kyuhyun and Eunhyuk.

“Do you think we’ll be able to spend a year without any dramas and pains?” Donghae suddenly asked Hangeng.

“You asked me the same thing once… I think that we will overcome anything life throws at us.”

Again Donghae nodded, trying with all his heart to believe these words to be true. Hangeng suddenly grabbed the brunet’s hand.

“And we’ll always rise again, as one.”

Donghae smile at his hyung, surprised that Hangeng could say such beautiful things. The China man was more of a lone wolf pledging allegiance to only one person, so it meant even more coming from him the fact that he believed in their unity.

“What you can’t forget, Hae, is that you’re not alone.” the older boy added.

His hyung knew him too well. They chatted a bit, the time for Hangeng to finish Hae’s coffee, and then they went to their respective rooms.

Donghae was expecting to find Eunhyuk in the same way he left him but before he went in, he heard some voices. It was Sungmin and Eunhyuk. The boy caught up his name, which made him stop on the spot and he found himself eavesdropping.

“You screwed up good, this time!” Sungmin said.

“I know… But it just happened…”

“Even though! It’s not fair to her!”

“Are you defending Minha now?”

Were they talking about Minha?

“I’m just saying, if I had lost my memory and was not so accidentally kissing my brother’s secret boyfriend and breaking both their hearts, I would be upset after finding out.”

“She can’t find out!”

“So what? You’re eternally going to pretend being her fake boyfriend? You can’t have both, Hyukkie! Do you even know what you want?”

There was no answer from Eunhyuk and the brunet, still eavesdropping, heard a chair noise.

“For now let’s just focus on your boyfriend’s recovery?”

“Be careful because soon it’s you who won’t have a boyfriend anymore…” Sungmin warned him.

“Shut up…”

As he finished his sentence, Eunhyuk opened the door and found himself face to face with Donghae, that didn’t have time to move.

“Hae!” he exclaimed surprised. “What are you doing here? I was going to look for you.”

“Why?” Donghae managed to articulate.

“What do you mean why? Because you weren’t here when I woke up.”

Donghae was having trouble even looking up to Eunhyuk, what he just heard still being processed. Did Sungmin just say that Minha and Eunhyuk kissed? No that couldn’t be true… Even if it was an accident, his boyfriend would’ve told him. Sungmin was definitely wrong! But again, Eunhyuk didn’t deny… The image of his sister being all over the thin dancer flashed before his eyes, as he realized what he heard. Suddenly disgusted, the boy took a few steps back.

“Hae?” Eunhyuk asked confused.

He was feeling sick; he had to get out of there… Eunhyuk laid out a hand to touch the brunet’s arm but the boy moved away brutally.

“Don’t!” he yelled.

Eunhyuk stared at him shocked, hand

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter