Hyuk's Dream - Final Intervention

Long Lost Dreams
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Eunhyuk's Dream - (Hyuk's PoV)

To say that things got back to normal would be a bit too optimistic, to say that they were trying hard for things to get back to normal was more realistic. Even if Donghae and Eunhyuk did loved each other and that things were now clear between them, they still had to learn how to be together again, because during those past months all they did was to get further away from each other, and it was hard now to pretend like nothing happened. But they both agreed to try their hardest. And even if their friends got involved to get them back together, then it meant they really did deserve to be together, right?

In the end Eunhyuk and his crew didn’t get first place, this time it was Heechul’s win, but they still got second place. In the bus, on their way back home, the only thing everyone could talk about was how Eunhae couple got back together. It was funny, Eunhyuk thought, and seeing Donghae’s embarrassed face every time someone would ask him how they got together, made the thin dancer laugh even more.

Once back at school, they resumed their classes, and even if they were back together, Donghae still did quit the dance club. It was too hard for him to work at Hangeng’s and study for his finals. Anyway their dance’s evaluation wouldn’t be before a few months. Besides that, he saw how much effort Donghae was doing to try behaving normally, like a normal couple, with Eunhyuk at school, especially in front of Minha. Though there were still a lot of improvements to make!

A few days later, it was the week end and Eunhyuk was studying with Donghae back at their room, when suddenly they both received a text from Ryeowook telling them to meet him back in his room with Siwon. Both boys were surprised, since Ryeowook wasn’t really one to send texts, but well they complied. When they were in front of the room, they both hesitated in front of it.

“Do you think it’s one of Sungmin’s traps?” Donghae asked, slightly worried.

After what happened back at the competition dance - even if it wasn’t Sungmin this time but surprisingly Hangeng – Donghae was a bit suspicious with his friend’s plans, which was totally understandable. Eunhyuk took his hand and squeezed it, trying to reassure the boy.

“Don’t worry, even if it is, I’ll be right next to you.”

Donghae smiled at him and they knocked on the door, which Ryeowook came to open quickly.

“Great, you guys are here! Come on in!” the small boy told them, letting them pass.

They entered the large room – it was indeed a VIP room so twice the size from Eunhae’s – and saw there all their friends reunited. Sungmin was in the middle of the room, framed by Siwon and Minha. And all around them were Ryeowook, Kyuhyun, Jiwon, Rinha and Junsu, who were framing a sort of hallway to Sungmin. Eunhyuk looked more around the room, seeing it all decorated with balloons and light, but what almost made him burst out in laughs was the streamer fixed above their heads where it was written “Eunhae Forever.” In the end Donghae was right; it wasn’t indeed one of Sungmin’s traps.

“What the hell?!” Donghae gasped, just noticing the streamer.

“Welcome, welcome my little lambs! Come a little closer.” Sungmin said, inviting the both of them to come in the circle of friends.

Eunhyuk was the first to move and went up to Sungmin, pulling Donghae by the hand. Once they were at his height, Sungmin smile widened and he started chanting.

“We are all reunited here, this evening, to celebrate our favorite couple, Eunhae!”

Everyone around the room started shouting and clapping. Donghae, completely lost, turned to Eunhyuk, throwing him a questioning look, as if he was asking if Eunhyuk knew about all this. But the dancer could only shrug at him, he was as surprised. Although a few years back, Eunhyuk would’ve stopped this ridiculous circus, but now he let it be because he was curious. Sungmin continued in his grand speech.

“For that, I first am going to tell you a story. There was a time, almost three years ago Donghae, here, was an uninteresting boy, completely invisible to the eyes of everyone, especially mine.”

“Thanks a lot.” Donghae said, falsely mad.

Sungmin smirked and continued, ignoring the interruption.

“On the other side, Hyukjae, here, was a confused brat, lost in his violent ways.” Sungmin stopped, waiting for an interruption from Eunhyuk, but this one stayed silent and his friend continued. “By a twisted fate of destiny, those two boys ended up having to live around each other, every single day, when in fact they hated each other.”

Eunhyuk threw a quick glance at Donghae that was looking at him too. Hearing that, was bringing back old memories, that seemed so far but at the same time so close. Eunhyuk didn’t quite get what was all that cinema about, but he understood that it was far from over. 

“And why did they hate each other, you would ask? Well any ideas?” Sungmin asked around him.

“Because they were opposites.” Ryeowook said.

Their friend’s voices arose, all around the room, in echo.

“Because they were the same.”

“Because they represented what the other hated in himself.”

“Because hate is very close to love.”

This last sentence was said by Rinha, and Eunhyuk couldn’t help but shiver. This same exact sentence was said to him once. By the same boy that was now holding his hand, next to him. Their blond friend nodded, as if those were the answers he was waiting for; then he continued.

“Their “pseudo” hate was the only thing bounding them together. They thought they needed that to feel alive and for a whole year they’ve drove us completely crazy, because of that stupid belief. Until finally bit by bit, hardship by hardship, they’ve discovered new things as friendship, love and acceptance.”

At each word of his friend’s speech, Eunhyuk would feel a warmth growing in his heart, he was very touched and he would see Donghae’s eyes

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter