Hyuk's Dream - Temptation

Long Lost Dreams
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Eunhyuk's Dream - (Hyuk's PoV)

The next day Eunhyuk went to class alone. But it was hard to avoid someone when that person was in the same class. As soon as Donghae saw the thin boy he averted his gaze and that was it. Eunhyuk didn’t apologize for yesterday and neither did Donghae. Actually they hardly talked that day. And for once neither Sungmin nor Junsu asked anything, even if they clearly noticed something was up between the two boys. Maybe everyone was busy with their own worries, which made the whole atmosphere be down. During lunch break the band dispatched too. The girls decided to eat between themselves while Donghae, Siwon and Ryeowook were at the cantina. Eunhyuk wasn’t really in the mood to sit with everyone and decided to eat a sandwich in the classroom. He soon was joined by Junsu and the blond bunny boy and in silenced they ate.

Actually Eunhyuk wasn’t mad anymore. It wasn’t his intention to ignore Donghae. He was waiting for a sign from him, anything, a word, a look, a movement in his direction. But the brunet didn’t do any of these. HE just simply accepted to be ignored and that hurt Eunhyuk’s pride even more. He definitely wouldn’t be the one apologizing! He didn’t do anything wrong! Actually he didn’t even know what they were fighting about. All of this was more than ridiculous…

At the end of the day Eunhyuk was more than annoyed by the situation and decided to cool off his head at the only place that could calm him down. A few minutes later the boy was at the old abandon room, where he used to come to dance. Since the beginning of the year he hadn’t have time to come here since he was busy between classes and practice with the dance club. He was happy to be able to come back here. That room held memories of him and Donghae, but as much as those memories could be sometimes painful, he still held them dear. He looked around the room and really nothing had changed. Nobody came here to take care of the room but still, it was the same old room.

Eunhyuk put his bag on the floor and changed into some sweat pants, before turning the music of the old hi-fi on. He relaxed his muscles, and started stretching. Then when he started feeling his body become warmer and more flexible he finally started to dance. At first he would do random moves guided by the music beat. But then it turned into something needier. He needed to dance until his mind was blank and he could forget all his worries. The boy danced like if he was possessed. He didn’t know for how long it was, but soon the light from the window faded and darkest overcame the rom. Finally he fell on the ground, panting and exhausted. With the remote control he turned the music off and lied on the ground. He stayed there in the shadows, motionless, staring at the cellar. 

Eunhyuk didn’t understand Donghae. He didn’t get his behavior, at all. Even less, what the brunet wanted from him. It was normal for couples to not understand each other sometimes; it was part of the learning of a relationship. So why, that unpleasant feeling, didn’t want to leave Eunhyuk’s heart?

“So that’s your lair.”

Eunhyuk sat down, surprised and turned around to find Minha at the door. She smiled at him and pointed at the light switch.

“Can I?”

The boy nodded and she turned the lights on. Suddenly seeing her here, Eunhyuk had forgotten all his previous thoughts. One incredible thing about Minha was that when she was around him, she had the power to light and ease his mood. She stepped into the room.

“I knew that if I looked for the most abandoned place in this school, you would be here and well… I was right.”

“Yeah, guess you always knew me better than anyone.”

Minha came closer and leaned on the mirrors, facing Eunhyuk.

“Not really… Actually half of the time I don’t get you.”

“And the other half?”

“I guess it.”

The boy let out a small laugh, but the girl wasn’t smiling, actually she frowned worried.

“And I know that something is bothering you.”

The boy looked down, trying to avoid eye contact.

“You’re guessing again?”

“No, I can tell it by looking into your eyes.”

She came closer again and kneeled in front of him.

“You smile happily but those don’t.” she said pointing at his eyes. “The windows of the soul never lie.”

He closed his eyes for a moment, wishing they wouldn’t betray him, and then he opened them again and stared back at her.

“And what do your eyes tell me?”

She laughed softly.

“Point taken.”

The boy hesitated for a moment before he asked something that was in his mind for a long time.

“Minha… Why do you like me?”

“Huh?”

She looked at him confused, he explained himself.

“It’s just that… Well, for you everything is fresh, but it’s been a long time for me...”

“And you don’t remember what you used to like about me right?”

He stared at her surprised. She was so quick to get what he really meant; he really didn’t know how she could know him so well.

“It’s not exactly that… Do you remember when I confessed?”

“How could I forget?”

“You hesitated. You didn’t give me an answer right away and said you were going to think about it.”

“If you do remember we were like cat and dog, always bickering around, so of course I wasn’t going to jump right into a relationship with you just like this.”

“That’s what I’m saying… Why did you say yes?”

Minha sat down in front of the boy and sighed, thinking seriously about the matter.

“Hum… I guess you reminded me of myself.”

“Me?”

“Yeah.”

Eunhyuk couldn’t imagine being compared to the girl. At the time he was only a thug always in fights and in trouble. He was that insecure boy while Minha was a confident and bright girl, who seemed to have a perfect life.

“I envied you… All that anger that you had, you were able to be honest about it and just let it out. I never could…”

“Wait, you’re joking right?! I’m like the worst when it comes to express myself.”

“I don’t agree… I just think you have a different way of expressing things.”

The boy would only stare at her in disbelief. She was right, but he wondered how she could understand himself better than he did…

“I didn’t take you for a violent person.” he said.

“I’m not. But at that period, I was actually having a really hard time.”

The girl laughed in front of Eunhyuk’s stunned face.

“No I didn’t have a perfect life. I had that anger inside me… I was always angry and frustrated, but I didn’t know how to get rid of it or deal with it. My parents were putting a lot of pressure on me and my relationship with Donghae… well it wasn’t that good…”

“You and Hae? I thought you were always super close!”

“We were! It’s just that, with our parent’s attitude and me having to focus on school, a small drift aroused between us. Donghae really looked up to me and I was afraid to disappoint him, so I became a bit distant.”

Eunhyuk nodded, totally understanding what she meant. Being scared of people seeing you from too up close and realizing that you were no good, he knew that feeling very well.

“I really admired you, you know?” he suddenly said.

She had an understanding

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter