Hae's Dream - Dream's End

Long Lost Dreams
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Donghae's Dream - (Hae's PoV)

 

Finally it was graduation day! They succeeded in all their exams and they were all now walking to the ceremony which will conclude they college years. Like the Americans did, and like you could see in the movies, the Korean graduation ceremony wasn’t all different. They could invite their family, which Donghae did by inviting his parents, his cousin Saehyun and of course his twin sister Minha, who wasn’t graduating so she needed to be invited. Eunhyuk also invited his parents and of course his brother was there. Even Hangeng and Heechul came to support Rinha, accompanied of course by her husband. Anyway, everyone was there! Even Yesung, Kangin and Shindong came to pay their respects to the new generation of graduates.

Everyone was gathered in front of the big ceremony room, waiting for it to begin. Donghae was really happy to be surrounded by all his friends in such a joyful day. But at the same time he was nervous… Indeed, the graduation ceremony didn’t consist in a long and boring ceremony where all the main teachers would talk and praise the students or even give their last scolds. No… there would only be one person talking today and that was Donghae. For some reason – and well, for once it worked against him – the student who had the best grades during the finals would be the one representing the honor of the school and giving the acceptance speech. And guess who got the best scores?! Donghae was surprised with himself he had to admit. And so he had a few days to prepare a speech, but he has really not sure of himself…

Suddenly Eunhyuk approached him and took his hand gently.

“Are you thinking about the speech?”

As always, Eunhyuk knew him the best. He nodded.

“Don’t worry.” the thin boy told him. “I’ll be on the front row rooting for you all the way.”

“Like you were for my dance performance?”

“Like I will be every time you’ll need me.”

Donghae smiled and pecked his delicious lips.

At the same time Sungmin was starting to get excited by himself and suddenly he had an illuminated idea.

“What about we take a picture? Like at Rin’s wedding!”

Jiwon went to take the camera that Sungmin brought out.

“I’m not graduating so I should take the pic of those who are.”

“Are you kidding?!” Yoochun suddenly exclaimed. He took the camera from the girl’s hand and pushed her towards her brother. “You’re part of the band, I should take the picture.”

Surprisingly, Jiwon didn’t argue around with him, as she usually would, and both Rinha and Minha pulled the short haired girl next to them.

“He’s right, you’re part of the girl’s team!” Rinha told her.

“Yeah, you’re more part of our team than those two over there.” Kyuhyun said, pointing at Donghae and Eunhyuk who were a bit farther away. “They seriously can’t keep their hands off each other.”

Indeed, Eunhyuk had his hands around Donghae’s hips while the brunet hung around the other’s neck, smiling happily and whispering things in secret among themselves, in their own world, completely ignoring the others around them.

“It’s so cute!” Ryeowook squealed over the couple.

“It’s sickening… I think I might throw up.” Heechul grouched.

“Hey you two, stop being so damn cute and so damn obvious of how much you love each other and come here!!!” Sungmin yelled.

Unwillingly, Donghae let go of Eunhyuk to go join his friends. That’s when Siwon told Yoochun to wait. They all looked surprised at the boy who went to fetch someone not far away from there. When he came back he was accompanied by their literature teacher and head of the dorm, Kim Kibum.

“What the hell are you doing bringing this guy here?” Kyuhyun asked, knowing that no one really liked Kibum since he had been a very strict dorm’s head. But Siwon did a dismissive hand move.

“Don’t worry I just asked him to take the pic for us, so Yoochun could be in the picture too.”

That was unexpected, but Yoochun didn’t complain and with an enigmatic smile he went to stand next to Jiwon. Donghae took a mental note to ask what the hell their relationship was, once and for all, after the ceremony. Everyone got into place and after counting to 3, Kibum took the picture. They all awkwardly thanked him, and the young teacher went away, soon followed by Siwon. Those two, too, had a strange relationship, Donghae thought. That’s when his eyes stopped on his sister that wasn’t smiling, wasn’t talking to anyone and was looking mindlessly to the horizon. He approached her.

“Is everything ok?”

“Yeah why?” she said.

“You don’t seem to be…”

“Well I have to tell you something… but I wanted to wait until after the ceremony to tell you…”

“Is it something serious? Did something happen?” Donghae started to worry.

But his sister quickly reassured him with a smile.

“Nothing of the sort. It’s just that, since my memories are coming back bit by bit I started to think about something…”

Donghae could see Minha had trouble saying what she really wanted to, as if she was scared of its impact on him. But they should be passed that now. The boy took her hand and squeezed it slightly to encourage her.

“Well, Naoki suggested I went back to Japan with him. He believes it can jog my memory and I should be able to remember my 4 years gap.”

Donghae nodded. Even if he wasn’t all that excited about the idea of letting go of his sister a second time, he had to admit that it was a pretty logic move.

“This Naoki guy… do you trust him?”

“I don’t know him very well yet but he seems like a reliable person.”

“And what about Leeteuk?”

He knew it wasn’t his place to ask but he had to. Leeteuk and Minha had a too deep connection for him to not be worried about such a separation as this one. His hyung had already told him he accepted the girl’s decision but he now wanted to hear from his sister. She turned to look at the blond boy who was further away talking to Heechul and Hangeng, and she smiled sadly.

“He is a great guy, and I’m sure I won’t find someone as dedicated as him, after all he waited for me for so long… But I don’t want to make him wait any longer. I think it’s better for our story to end here.”

Again Donghae nodded. It seemed as if the young girl had already decided everything and he knew that she wouldn’t change her mind no matter what he told her.

“So that means that you’re quitting school? What are you going to do in Japan? Are you planning on taking your job as a nurse back?”

“That was one of the options yeah… But I wanted to help people in a much larger scale. Be a nurse suits me in the end, I saw it during Kyuhyun’s and Rin’s accident, so why not?”

Donghae suddenly had

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter