Teuk's Dream - The Bond Between Brothers

Long Lost Dreams
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Leeteuk's Dream - (Teuk's PoV)

He was surprised when Sungmin called him, telling him about a camping trip. Of course, he didn’t believe his excuse of needing a chaperon, since they were all over their twenties, but he accepted nonetheless. But now, looking at Eunhyuk, Donghae and Minha’s almost terrified faces, he was regretting his decision a bit. Actually he didn’t really know what he was doing here. Since last time Minha had made clear that she didn’t want to see him, but knowing that he maybe had a chance to talk to her, Leeteuk didn’t resisted the need to come. After all, he had decided to fight for what he wanted and he was ready to go all the way. Surprisingly, after the surprised passed, Eunhyuk came running to greet his older brother.

“Hyung! Glad to see you.”

“Really?”

“Sure!”

The boy seemed honestly happy to see him. His smile made all Leeteuk’s worries melt. Eunhyuk was now all grown up but still, he was his little brother and would ever be that lively little kid for Leeteuk. The others came to greet him too.

“Long time no see oppa.” Rinha smiled at him.

The boy hugged the girl.

“You’re more and more beautiful every time I see you.”

“Oh, you know our Kim’s family beauty is an undying thing.”

Everyone laughed at the girl’s confidence. She was really similar to her brother indeed, Leeteuk thought.

“Let me introduce you to everyone…”

Eunhyuk then started introducing his classmates and friends. Leeteuk needed no introduction for Junsu since he was a long time date friend and well of course he needed no introduction for Minha, who was carefully watching them without a word. After they were all introduced, Donghae finally came to greet him.

“Hyung, you here is unexpected.”

“I hope I’m not intruding.”

Donghae stayed silent, which made Leeteuk feel slightly uncomfortable. Maybe it wasn’t a great idea to have come… It was Eunhyuk that answered, putting a hand on his shoulder.

“Don’t worry, the more the merrier.”

Leeteuk smiled at his dongsaeng and from the corner of the eye he saw Minha walking away. His brother seemed to be the only one happy to see him. After that, Eunhyuk and Junsu helped him to put up his tent and then an hour later they were all together at the camp joined around Sungmin.

“Since we are going to spend a week here I thought about organizing some activities to make our time more fun.”

“Sungmin organizing things is never a good sign.” Junsu said.

The blond boy punched him and then continued; he took out a paper from his pocket and was going to start reading it, when again he was interrupted by Eunhyuk.

“Oh god did you make a list?!”

“What?! I told you I was organizing things.”

“He spent weeks thinking of what we could do.” Kyuhyun added.

 “You really thought this trough, huh?”

“I did! So now if you would all please shut up and let me explain things.”

They all let the blond boy continued and indeed he had prepared a lot. Almost every hour of the day was decided by Sungmin. Their program was dispatched between hiking, physical games, competitions, sightseeing and etc… Indeed Sungmin had really thought about all of this. Because it was their first day and they had slept over, they would stay at the camp for the day and do some games. But for now it was already lunch time. Because he came warned, Leeteuk had done the groceries – a list of things that Sungmin had sent him – before coming today. So now the only thing that was left to do was prepare the meal. Like a real boss, Sungmin send everyone to do something to help. The girls would go to the nearest sink and clean the vegetables while the boys were divided into putting up a fire, cutting the meat and setting up the table for all of them.

Leeteuk was amused to see how everyone really listened to Sungmin, with no opposition. He and Eunhyuk got stuck with finding wood for the fire. They were walking in the forest, just the two of them, and Leeteuk felt that Eunhyuk was eager to ask him something.

“It reminds me when we used to go camping with mom and dad.” Eunhyuk suddenly said.

“You still remember that? You were so little then.”

“I remember that the Kim’s would come with us almost every time and that Heechul-hyung and Rinha loved to play pranks on us.”

“True, true. They were little devils.”

They both laugh. It was enjoyable to be with Eunhyuk, it has been a long time since they shared a privileged moment like this. But at the same time Leeteuk knew that something was off… because no matter how much they got along now, Eunhyuk was never this docile.

“Hyuk…”

“Yes, hyung?”

“What is bothering you?”

The boy stopped walking and stared at him, surprised by his bluntness. His eyes became suddenly sad; he looked down and let out a small laugh.

“I guess it’s useless to hide it, huh?”

“You seem a bit on edge, did something happen between you and Donghae?”

“Me and Donghae…” again he had a bitter laugh. “If only…”

“Then what is it?”

Eunhyuk raised his eyes, but didn’t dare to cross his hyung’s gaze. Leeteuk frowned. What happened, for him to be so embarrassed to talk about? That’s when, even before his dongsaeng said a word, he understood who it was about.

“I… Me and Minha… we kissed.”

The elder stared at him not quite grasping his words. Did he just say that he kissed Minha? Eunhyuk twiddle his hands nervously.

“Please say something hyung…”

Leeteuk needed a moment to fully get what his brother told him. It wasn’t as if he was jealous of Eunhyuk, even if he envied the fact that Minha only remembered him. No, the feeling Leeteuk had right now was quite complicated. More than jealousy he felt somehow wronged.

“She doesn’t remember! This is unfair to her!”

“I know, I know… It’s just that… I don’t know what to do anymore.”

“What are you asking me exactly? Do you want permission? Do you want to know if I’m ok with it?”

“No. I guess I only needed to talk about this with someone and… you’re the only one…”

Leeteuk stared at his little brother. He was surprised Eunhyuk could express his feelings like this, as he never could before. But most importantly he understood how much this moment was important. His little dongsaeng was opening up to him; he was seeking advice and support, which he hasn’t for years now. So Leeteuk better not spoil this. It was his chance to prove that he was more than a selfish brat and that he could be that loving and caring big brother he pretended so much to be. The boy calmed down.

“Ok… Tell me what happened.”

Eunhyuk then told him how he had fought with Donghae the day before and the next one, as he was still confused with his emotions, he got caught up in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter