Truth or Truth

Happiness! //Baekji Oneshots//

In which, a game turned into a heart to heart talk (by force).

-

Let’s play a game!” Sehun suddenly exclaimed with an empty bottle on his hand.

All eyes were set on him. Being the bratty maknae as always, he pulled his hyung, Park Chanyeol, Byun Baekhyun, and Kim Jongin, closer and created a circle shape.

It was an afternoon and it was raining, so the coach decided to cancel their practice at outdoor field and only running for ten laps at the gym. They four were the members on Athletic Club, Running. They were having their break because again, they finished their run earliest.

“Let’s play Truth or Truth!” Sehun announced name of the game.

“Truth or what?” Jongin asked Sehun, wanting to make sure.

“Truth of truth, you deaf.” Sehun rolled his eyes. “Since it will be so boring if we play Truth or Dare. Like come on, hyung, we played that all the time and we lost the options to make fun one and another. Let’s make it calmer, heart to heart secrets, for example.” Sehun smiled.

“I won’t ever spill my secret to a brat like you.” Chanyeol shook his head.

“Why? Are you afraid that I will find out about your little secret about that Yoon Bomi?” Sehun raised his eyebrow suggestively.

Seeing another two were blinked blankly and Chanyeol blushed, Sehun clapped his hands in excitement.

“Come on, hyung, this is just a game. But promise that we won’t tell anyone, okay? This is just between us four, understand?”

Finally they gave in and let Sehun spin the bottle.

When the bottle moved slowly, the boys’ hearts raced a bit faster than it should.

They clapped their hands and screamed happily when it stopped moving at Jongin.

“HA!!” Baekhyun was the happiest.

Jongin gulped and said, “Please ask me the realistic questions.”

“We won’t!” Sehun smiled mischievously at him. “So, Kim Jongin.. Tell us the truth. Who do you like actually? Jung Soojung or Son Naeun? Because you see, people are thinking that you are two timing them at the same time.”

Jongin blushed. “Yah!”

“Answer it, Jongin. Truth or truth, remember?” Chanyeol clapped his hand happily.

He rubbed his hand uncomfortably, but then he sighed, he knew he had to answer this question sooner or later. “.. To be honest, I don’t know. They both are beautiful and enchanting in different ways. Naeun is charming with her innocent look, you know, the way she talks, the way she acts, it’s just adorable. But Soojung too is attractive with her cold face, and the way she talks, which is a total opposite of Naeun.”

“Yah, you jerk.” Baekhyun shook his head.

“My turn, my turn.” Chanyeol raised his hand. “What song that describes Soojung and Naeun the best?”

“EW! What’s with that cheesy question, Chan!” Baekhyun shuddered on it.

Jongin and Sehun, the maknae line, also made a move, that could be translated as disgusted or something, but Chanyeol was staying still.

“For Soojung... You know KARA’s Pandora? That song describes her best. Soojung is like a Pandora. You never know what she wants, what she thinks, her feelings are well hidden with her poker face. And that song simply describes her.” Jongin then looked at the ceiling. “Then for Naeun.. Well, almost every love songs are made sense when it comes to her. But..” Jongin smiled tenderly, “I loved Se7en’s When I Can’t Sing. Have you ever heard it?”

He got shaking heads.

“You should try once. It fits her very well.” He then looked at Baekhyun. “You. What do you want to ask?”

Baekhyun shook his head. “You ruined my mood, dude.” He pouted, but Jongin knew he only tried not to ask another question related to them.

“Okay, enough with Soojung and Naeun. Let’s just spin this.” Jongin changed the topic and quickly spun the bottle.

And it stopped with slow motion at Park Chanyeol.

Again, the loud screams were very well heard and caused some eyes to look at them in shock.

“So, Park Chanyeol..” Sehun took over. This brat seemed to know many things about his friends’ deep secrets. “.. What do you think about Yoon Bomi actually? Because I’ve heard the birds caught you sending secret glances on her.”

Park Chanyeol didn’t have big eyes like his friend, Do Kyungsoo, but today, unfortunately, his eyes seemed like went bigger because of Sehun’s tricky question. Baekhyun clapped his hands heartily, of course he knew about this before the others, and Jongin was almost choked on his drink.

“Yah, hyung, really? You have a thing for her?” Jongin asked. He barely knew Yoon Bomi, but he was an acquaintance of her because Naeun liked to hang out with her.

“I considered that as a question.” He ignored the whining Jongin and pointed his finger at Baekhyun. “You, Baek, what question do you get in that dimwit tiny brain?”

Baekhyun shrugged. “Is she the one that made you locking yourself in your room, when you knew she got a confession from that Kim Myungsoo?”

Chanyeol ran a hand to his hair and sighed heavily. “I really shouldn’t agree on playing this stupid game since the beginning.” He mumbled.

“Come on, Channie, quit the act and answer the question.” Baekhyun, as an expected diva of course, said.

Chanyeol looked at his best friend and said, “I will do revenge, Baek. Just watch and be speechless later.”

“Ask me anything. I have no secrets to hide anyway.” Baekhyun calmly said.

“Really?” An eyebrow cocked.

“Really.” Baekhyun confidently answered.

“… I just.. The kind of.. Admiring her.. You know? She is pretty cute for me.. She is friendly.. She doesn’t care about her image.. Well, it’s just a crush though, I don’t expect anything from her, because I heard she has been crushing on someone else.. And no, Baek, I won’t ever let love bring my mood down. I didn’t lock myself in, for Pete’s sake. Don’t make things up.”

There was an awkward silence, before the Happy Virus laughed widely and spun the bottle. Deep inside, he was hoping, begging, that it would stop at...

“.”

The sassy member of the team, Byun Baekhyun.

“WHOA!!!!” Chanyeol’s shout was the loudest. “I can ask anything, right?” He then looked at Baekhyun, with meaningful look appeared clearly.

Just then, he realized he already let Chanyeol spill out his biggest secret, a secret that even Chanyeol had to in and find out by himself.

“You motherer, don’t you dare ask me that question.” Baekhyun threatened.

But Chanyeol only stuck out his tongue and shot his deathly question. “Byun Baekhyun, can you tell us, who was the girl on the photo frame I see in your room? The one with a little ‘I love you’ post-it below her picture.”

The maknae both burst in excitement. They screamed and looked at Baekhyun thrillingly.

“Whoa, I never knew Baekhyun hyung could be this cheesy!” Jongin said.

“This is new! This is awesome! Whoa, Baekhyun hyung.. I just.. I can’t.. Whoa, you’re really smooth.” Sehun raised both his thumbs.

“ you, Park, really, you.” Baekhyun cursed. “Ugh.. Well.. It’s..” He was speechless. “Oh, God, can you change the question?!” He yelled frustratingly.

“Come on, Baek, don’t be such a sissy and just answer this damn question.” Chanyeol chuckled happily.

“Is she here?” Jongin tried to get a clue. “Is she going to same school as us?”

“She even goes to same class as us two.” Chanyeol kindly answered the question for his best friend.

Jongin and Sehun gaped in awe seeing Baekhyun’s ears were red.

“Answer the question, Baek.” Chanyeol teased.

“Okay, okay.” He huffed. “It’s.. It’s.. Oh, .. It’s Jung Eunji..” He finally found his tongue to answer the question.

“WHAT?!”

Baekhyun shushed them, because the others were looking at them. They must thought that these boys were really noisy since few minutes back.

“You like her?” Jongin asked.

“He loves her since long ago. They went to same middle school before and the feeling remains the same until today.” Chanyeol answered, again, for him. “Right, Baekki?”

Baekhyun only stared at the ground. Even he didn’t need to answer, it was written all over his face. “I’m done. I’m not playing this again.” Baekhyun stood up when he saw that girl, long live for her, was walking toward their direction with her friends, Yoon Bomi Son Naeun.

What a beautiful fate, Sehun thought and smirked evilly. He stood up and walked to those girls’ direction. He shot the question right away, without taking any care on his friends, who were cursing at him under their breath. “Hey, girls, would you like to play a game with us?”

 

 


a/n

Baekhyun and Chanyeol as secret admirers, Kim Jongin as a confused player, lastly Oh Sehun as an bratty, annoying, pain in the maknae.

 

Anyway, happy reading!