Testing the Waters

Happiness! //Baekji Oneshots//

They couldn’t read what’s on the latter’s mind.

-

Student Body Council created a camping event, for bonding time, to make the members get along, because Howon thought some of s were still stiff and awkward to the other.

“Byun Baekhyun, would you stop messing with my hair and just give a hand here!” His cousin and co-partner at Student Body Council, Yoon Bomi, screamed loudly at him, she was pretty mad because the older made fun with her ombre hair. “I know you envy it, but please stop it! Get lost and harass others!”

“But I have so much fun by messing with you, cousin. And no, why should I give you hand? You keep yelling at me nonstop.” Baekhyun shook his head.

Bomi stepped closer and leaned in to reach his ear, “Because I will stay with your crush?” She raised her eyebrow after, suggestively.

Baekhyun furrowed his eyebrows, but then when he saw a familiar figure walked closer, calling Bomi, his face reddened.

“How long do you know?” Baekhyun asked curtly, pointing his finger at her forehead.

“Long enough to realize your glances could kill her.” Bomi smiled cheekily at her. “Oh, hello, Eunji! Baekhyun sunbae wants to help us, so you don’t need to worry.” She elbowed him. “Right, Baekhyun sunbae? You are going to help us setting the tent, aren’t you?”

Baekhyun looked at Bomi, who smiled happily, and then at Eunji, who looked at him blankly. He had no other choice after all. “Yes, I’m going to help you.”

“Good! Now, Eunji, do you think you can give him a company? I need to talk to Howon sunbae.”

“Yah, Yoon Bomi—” Baekhyun called his bratty cousin.

“—I’ll see you in a bit!” Bomi interrupted and left the spot, giggling proudly because she was such an awesome cupid.

Baekhyun scratched his nape, before sighed heavily. He prepared the tent, but her soft voice stopped him. “… You don’t have to do that, sunbae…”

Baekhyun looked at Eunji and smiled at her. “No, it’s okay. I can handle this.” He then set up the tent. When Eunji wanted to help, he stopped her. “No, you don’t have to. Just sit and I’ll take care of it.”

“But sunbae—”

Baekhyun cut her off. “—Hush up. I’ll take care of this.”

Eunji nodded and sat on the grass cross-legged. She watched the male very carefully as he set up the tent by himself. His face was focused, but he could manage a yell when some of his friends stopped by and , telling Eunji that Baekhyun did that for purpose. And even some members, her seniors she hasn’t get close to enough, were asking Eunji to start call them with ‘oppa’ instead of ‘sunbae’ to make Baekhyun jealous even more.

“Isn’t it rare for our Byun to help his junior?” Myungsoo started.

“Yes, yes, it is. Our Byun is up to something, I guess.” Chanyeol responded.

“Oh, don’t tell me that he is trying to flirt with our innocent Jung. Eunji, Baekhyun sunbae is a jerk, trust us, you won’t be happy if you decide to date him, so we suggest you to not accept his confession, okay?” Jongdae said as he looked at her.

“If you all not going to shut up, I swear to God, I’ll cut your balls on your sleep.” Baekhyun threatened his friends, Park Chanyeol, Kim Jongdae, Kim Myungsoo, and Lim Hyunsik, his ears were red. And Eunji couldn’t tell whether it’s because embarrassment or anger.

“You won’t dare to cut our balls, dude. Because before you did it, we will cut your balls first!” Chanyeol snapped and burst in a good laughter with his friends.

He shook his head and turned his attention to Eunji, whose cheeks were beet red. “Eunji, cover your ears. These jerks are impudent bastards and they know no manners, so please forgive oh-so-not-my-friends, okay?”

Eunji covered her ears and nodded. Baekhyun needed few minutes to shoo his friends away and set the tent up. Eunji clapped her hands when Baekhyun said it was done. She smiled at the older and bowed down politely. Baekhyun only patted her arms, saying it’s what should he did for his juniors and he didn’t even mind if later Eunji needed a help from him again.

Eunji was never talked to Baekhyun since he gave her a ride. She only glanced at him time by time, but that was it. Baekhyun was busy with his friends and his fangirls, sometimes he would be seen messing around with Bomi, but whenever Bomi was with her, that guy wouldn’t even lay a finger on Bomi. He would only smile faintly at them two.

And Eunji knew, she wasn’t in the spot to expect something more from the male.

He was giving a ride because he knew about her illness.

He was giving her a ride because he was afraid something bad might happen to her.

He was giving her a ride because he knew her ex-boyfriend wouldn’t pick her up as usual.

But the realizations only made her heart clenched.

She somehow, expected the older did that for something a bit more than that.

 

Bomi went back with snacks on her hands and she saw the tent was up, and Eunji was already inside, tidying the sleeping bags. “Where is Baekhyun sunbae?”

“Oh, he left.”

“He left? Just like that?”

Eunji nodded. She seemed hesitant for a while, but then she decided to question it right away. “Bomi…”

“Hmm?” Bomi was in difficulties on opening her snacks. She decided to slap it on, maybe it would help.

“I think I like Baekhyun sunbae…”

‘BOOM’

The snack was opened and the contents were spilled everywhere inside their tent, and so was Bomi’s mouth.

-

It was night already, almost 10, when Howon used the megaphone to call all members to get the hell out of their tents, because he wanted to explain about something urgent.

Baekhyun was in indefinite doubt. He already wore his jacket, but he, at the same time, held another jacket. He didn’t really know why he brought almost three jackets, oh maybe because he was worried about that girl. He put the jacket back on his backpack, but then he took it up again. He was really confused.

“You bastard, come out! Howon hyung is counting! He will hang you up on the palm tree if you’re not going out for any second!” Chanyeol yelled at his best friend and gripped him, bringing Baekhyun out of the tent and went to the crowds.

They both quickly stood up right at the very back, and that was when Baekhyun realized it was Eunji and Bomi in front of them.

And what surprised him more, that girl was wearing his jacket. HIS.

Chanyeol was confused seeing Baekhyun grinned from ear to ear, he bet his best friend’s cheekbones would be higher than Jongdae’s. Following his guts, Chanyeol followed Baekhyun’s gaze and understood why he grinned like an idiotic dickhead.

After counting all members, Howon nodded in satisfaction, and used the megaphone, “Partner up! We will have a night walk!” To add their sufferings, Howon added, “Your partner should be coming from different grade!”

Bomi turned around, she knew it was Baekhyun behind them because his voice was too familiar already. She pulled Eunji closer and asked Baekhyun to hold Eunji’s hand. “You take care of her, okay?” She grinned and looked at Chanyeol. “And you…” She pointed at Chanyeol. “… Let’s go, partner!” Bomi quickly dragged the taller away.

Eunji and Baekhyun were standing so close but they were busy with their own thoughts.

“Do you bring your inhaler?” Baekhyun decided to break the silence first.

“Oh, oh… Yeah, it’s in my pocket already…” She nodded. “I’m sorry, sunbae. I wear your jacket… I planned on returning it back after this camping…”

Baekhyun waved his hand. “It’s okay, I’m glad you wear it, really…”

Howon called the members to stand in line, so the night walk could be started.

“Come on partner.” Baekhyun led the walk.

And what surprised Eunji that Baekhyun didn’t let go of his hold. He even tightened his grip as he felt her hand was a little cold.

“Are you ready?” He asked when Howon gave him the signal to walk in to the dark road, only with a flashlight for them two.

Eunji nodded. “I am.”

 

 


a/n

I really need to stop imagining scenarios for these two /facepalm/

well, if you're wondering, this is a (useless, plotless) continuation of Little Things.

 

Anyway, happy reading!