Puppy Love

Happiness! //Baekji Oneshots//


 

Monday, 07.10 AM


Eunji checked her reflection at the mirror and spun around; trying to make sure that she was already looked fabulous. Slowly she checked her wrist watch and heaved a sigh restlessly, and for the umpteenth time, she glanced over the window – as if she was waiting for something. Frowning, her younger brother, Jung Ilhoon came approaching her.

“How do I look?” she turned surprising her younger brother out of blue.

“Nothing’s new,” he replied honestly and scored a smack on his head by the older. “Yah, noona!” he whined as he caressed his head. “No wonder no one wants to date you! You’re ruder than a dude!”

Another smack was landed, another whine was said.

“I’m being serious.” Eunji glanced over the window and watched the male was done preparing because Eunji could see he was taking his red backpack and left. Eunji smacked her brother’s head for the final and rushed out of the room, leaving the younger speechless and injured.

There was a new neighbor moved in to the next to hers – it was Byun family consisted of parents and two sons, which one of them was just in age as Eunji. They met when Eunji’s family was invited for a welcoming party at their house as her eyes captured him.

He was lean, not so tall but Eunji thought it would make a perfect match for her, had such milky skin, puppy eyes and dazzling smile – please don’t let her mention about the chocolate fluffy wavy hair of his, please, because she would squeal about it.

Eunji caught him passing by her house – she was pretending to wear her shoes when he passed by. He looked calm with the headphone and the glance he sent over to Eunji.

“WHOOOOOAAAAAA! DAEBAK!”

Eunji was at fault for her father almost spilled his milk, his mother almost failed making the pancakes, and Ilhoon fell off the stairs.

-

Wednesday, 07.10 AM

 

Ashley walked back and forth in front of her house, biting her lip. She was already in her uniform, smelled nice, and full. This time, as Ilhoon learnt his lesson, her father came to approach her.

“What are you doing?” her father asked. “Blocking the way?” he continued, half joking half wondering.

“Not funny, Appa,” Eunji hissed and continued walking. But then she stopped, and then gazing at her father. “Appa, how do I look today?”

“You look…,” her father tried to find a nice word. How could something nice out if she looked all the same like always? “… Nice,” was all her father could say.

“This vase does also look nice,” Eunji frowned and plopped herself on the bench. But the frown was gone when again that boy with the headphone walked by her house. But now he bowed his head, acknowledging Eunji and her father.

Her father’s jaw dropped when he saw her daughter’s mood brightened in the speed of light – she was jumping in joy and kissing her father before she left for school.

“… That was weird,” her father touched his cheek but waved lightly at her daughter.

-

Friday, 07.30 AM

 

“HOLY !” Eunji screamed loudly as she looked at the Hello Kitty alarm. Last night when she was asleep, her evil brother came and turned her alarm off – he was trying to prove a theory – so he was responsible to wake his older sister up the next morning.

“What’s wrong, noona?” Ilhoon asked innocently, go figure.

“! ! !” again, Eunji muttered some curses as she rushed to the bathroom downstairs, pushing her father that was also about to go in.

“Eunji, Appa can’t handle it!” her father screamed as he banged the door.

“Use a bottle, Appa! I’m late!” Eunji replied and she ignored her father begging for mercy. Eunji took the fastest shower she ever did in her life and she even didn’t apologize for her behavior to her father that was now almost couldn’t stand up because he couldn’t hold on anymore.

Eunji wore her shoes hurriedly and realized that it was almost eight in the morning. It meant the possibility of him passing by her house was big ground zero. And more, the distance to her school was quite far, so Eunji rushed away of the house, didn’t spare some minutes to tie her shoelaces.

That was then when she slipped over her heels and almost fell. Eunji closed her eyes and contemplated the worst scenario that would happen to her. Eunji waited for her body to touch the rough asphalt, but the only thing that she felt was a warm hand on her waist, soft gasps brushed her ears, and the smell of gentleman’s perfume. Eunji still didn’t open her eyes, because she was terrified. What if she fell on a person, and this person was furious at her?

“… Are you okay?”

The angelic voice was only belonged to this certain someone. Eunji has found heaven and peace whenever she heard him either just laughing or talking to anyone but her – since they went to same school.

Eunji braced herself to open her eyes and she stared from the bottom. His shoes were familiar, his pants were familiar, his uniform shirt was covered with the baby blue sweater he wore, and when Eunji looked up to see his savior’s face, Eunji only saw an angel.

“You’re smiling,” he said and Eunji was still in heaven. “It means you’re okay, then,” he helped her to stand up and gathered her bag. “You should have been more careful,” he squatted down and tied her shoelaces. When he stood up and cleared his pants off the dusts, she was still smiling at him. “I’ve been watching you, you know…” his cheeks reddened and ran a hand to his nape. “I was watching that you’d always be ready at precisely 7 in the morning and go out ten minutes after.”

Eunji was gaping in awe. He knew? The smile she plastered slowly faded and it changed to a nervous looking girl. She even took a step back and took her bag away from him.

“If there’s anything you need to ask, then just come to me. I won’t bite, I swear.” he waited for the girl to say anything, but nothing slipped out of . So he nodded in understanding – maybe he was mistaken, maybe it’s a habit already.

Three steps away, Eunji suddenly called him by name. “Byun Baekhyun!”

The boy with wavy hair turned his hand, to the girl that rooted at her spot – but now the smile was back, and even it was wider.

“Yeah?”

“Let’s eat together for lunch, shall we?”