Birthday

Happiness! //Baekji Oneshots//


There’s something Baekhyun likes to do the best when he’s at concerts. When the final song is sung and Baekhyun is free to walk around the stage, waving at the fans, thanking them for coming, maybe taking the stuffed animals they fans throw at his direction, or maybe, giving the fansite masters what they want the most – his smiling pictures.

But no, Baekhyun has always a special reason for that. His eyes keep wandering and wandering over the thousands fans cheering and screaming his name. He knows he will find her, because she is easy to be found. Unlike other fans, she won’t cheer or chant his name, instead she will look at her back and forth with confused look, like a lost puppy.

 

Why do the girls scream your name very loudly? I think I can get my ears bleed.” She once asked as Baekhyun sits on her couch. Her couch is cozier than the ones at the dorm, maybe it is because her rose perfume scent?

Honey, they know I’m handsome, unlike you,” Baekhyun takes a chip and chews it. “How’s your day?” Baekhyun jerks his body to see his lover. She’s making him ginseng tea.

She gives him that cup and sat beside him, she heaves a sigh before answering, “Pretty rough, but I’m okay,

Baekhyun rubs her cheek, “Maybe you should quit if you can’t handle them,

She smiles, always that kind of smile, the assuring smile, which never makes Baekhyun able to resist, “I’m okay, how’s your day? I heard about Kris plans to leave…

Baekhyun’s face hardens and he put the cup on the glass table, “Can we not… Can we not discuss about works?

Okay,” She nods, “So where’s my ticket?

Baekhyun slaps his forehead, “I forgot to ask!” He shakes his head, “I think Yixing hyung infected me with his forgetful habit!” He looks at her and says, “I’ll give it when I get one, okay? I’ll get you a perfect spot, promise!

She laughs, “Will I see you clearly?”

Baekhyun nods, “I’ll be looking at you when my solo’s turn.

Make sure that happens,”          

Aye, aye, Miss,

Baekhyun stays there for almost three hours, until Junmyeon calls and says he has to go home before manager finds out. Sighing, Baekhyun pecks her forehead, before wears his mask and his hoodie. The loss of being an idol, she thinks. Then before leaving, Baekhyun looks at her very carefully once again, before smiles and says, “I love you,

She nods in understanding, “Back at you,

-

“BAEKHYUN OPPA!”

Baekhyun waves at the girls before he decides to walk, reaching Kyungsoo and Jongin, who are dancing happily, uncaring with anything else. Junmyeon and Sehun are waving at their fans, and Baekhyun sees Kris, who’s spending his time too intimate with Tao at another side.

“Yah, Byun Baekhyun! Over here!” Jongdae grabs his wrist and brings him to another side of stage.

“What?” Baekhyun asks, he’s still searching for her. Baekhyun has this strong feeling that she must be there. She must be watching him. They right now must be exchanging breaths. He knows it, he really does.

“My twelve,” Jongdae said.

“Your what?” Baekhyun blinked confusedly. He knows Jongdae likes to troll on people, including him, but right now Jongdae is obviously being confusing.

“My twelve, you moron. Look at my twelve o’clock,” Jongdae repeated without a doubt.

So Baekhyun does. And his eyes widen.

 

She finds a bouquet of roses on her doormat. She doesn’t have to tell who the sender will be because the card explains everything.

But my dear, you’re a rose unlike I’ve ever seen

I know you have yet to be picked from the garden —

And a few of your petals have been plucked —

And your leaves may have withered a bit —

And you’re not as strong as you maybe once were —

But my dear,

You are a beautiful rose unlike any I’ve ever seen.

With love, Your Vitamin B.

Like what you get?

She turns and finds Baekhyun is smiling decently at her, she nods, “You brighten my mood, thank you,

When she’s about to kiss him, Baekhyun presses his beautiful index finger at her and says, “Not here, Honey, people…

Ah, you’re right,” She nods and opens the door, letting the male in. “I’m sorry, it’s a mess, I’ll be cleaning it after shower. I didn’t cook this morning, so should I order take outs—” The poor female doesn’t end her line because Baekhyun stops her from talking with his lips.

It’s short yet chaste for both of them.

Baekhyun pulls her into a tight warm hug and says, “I missed you. God knows how I missed you. I’m sorry. I’ve been not allowed to get out from dorm since Yoona noona and Tiffany noona are busted dating. Manager hyung said it’s for the best, for us… You know how crazy sasaeng fans, right? I’m so sorry for not being able to fight for us…

She chuckles and says, “I missed you too. And no, you don’t have to worry about it. I trust you,

Baekhyun sniffs her hair and says, “Are you sure you worked for six hours with kids running here and there?

She hums, “Why?

You still smell good,

Baekhyun deserves a playful punch after that.

-

“A… I… U… E… O…” Baekhyun repeats doing so until his jaw starts to hurt.

“Baekhyun… Go!” The crew member signaled him to get on the stage.

Baekhyun smiles adoringly first at his cheering fans before playing the piano with his extraordinary beautiful fingers – she said so – and starts to sing the heartwarming song of EXO’s Christmas album edition, with his eyes closed.

Remember, when things were hard
I always turned your tears into smiles
Don’t cry in places without me, don’t cry
Because you always had a lot of tears

No, it’s my turn to cry, I’ll cry now
I’ll take all of your tears
It’s my turn to cry, give them to me
Even those tears, this time
This time yeah

He finishes the song flawlessly and he opens his eyes, he directs his gaze to the side of stage nearest him performing.

Its dark and he can’t see clearly. Does she come?

 

But…” She saddens when she looks at the concert ticket for the nth time.

Baekhyun gulps his saliva and sighs, “I’m sorry…

But it’s on my birthday!” She looks at Baekhyun gloomily.

I know…

You promise me it will be only two of us,” She chokes in tears, “You promise you will be here, with me, on my birthday!

I’m sorry…” Baekhyun tries to catch her hands, but she is too upset to be lured with his sweet cheesy lines.

I don’t want you to say sorry!” Her eyes waters, “I want you to be here! Here! With me! Watching movies, falling asleep until midnight, and having my candles blown! Together! You! Me! Us!

Baekhyun his dry lips, “Honey,” He calls.

Don’t honey me!” She bursts into tears. “I know I’m being so so selfish, I know I’m being so so annoying, but please? Can’t it be done just this once?” She sobs. “I’ve been always obedient all along…

Honey…” He gulps before, “… If you can’t handle this, you can always quit,

She widens her eyes, thinking she has just misheard. “What did you say?

If you’re tired with me…

That easy?

I told you since the beginning, didn’t I? I can’t control over things! Why don’t you try to understand me?

I don’t try to understand you? Then what am I doing all the times? Begging for you? Whining to you? No!” She balls her fists until they whiten. She wipes her tears and nods, “But okay,” She says, surprising Baekhyun. “Okay, I’ve had enough. It seems like I’ve never understood you enough… So, okay, I’ll take that offer gladly. I quit,” She closes the conversation as she turns back and goes to her room, leaving speechless and wounded Baekhyun, with the ticket on his palm.

Baekhyun chewed his lower lip, thinking he should tear it away, but then he doesn’t. Baekhyun leaves it on the glass table and goes out of her house with scattered feelings inside.

-

“You still not okay?” Minseok patted his arm when he saw the younger is frowning. “It’s our first concert, Baek, you should try to smile.”

Baekhyun wants to ruin his makeup by pulling Minseok to his embrace and screams about how unfair world is, but no, he only shakes his head a little, “I’m okay, hyung, just nervous,”

Minseok smiles, “You may lie like that to Junmyeon, but I’m not him, okay? Your lie is awful, even Jongdae lies better than you,” He jokes. “What’s on your mind?”

It’s rare for Baekhyun to spend his time talking with his oldest hyung, since he enjoys being alone or maybe with Luhan, but Minseok is the first notices something happens with him after he went to her house.

“I think she will come,” Minseok says.

Baekhyun gazes at him, “What makes you think so?”

“Love?” Minseok jokes. He may be the oldest but his lame jokes are fine for Baekhyun and his mood right now. “What do you think? Do you think she will come?”

Baekhyun lets out a thin smile, “Weirdly… I do, hyung,”

 

Are you sure?” Baekhyun watches her attentively.

She nods.

If I get casted, I’ll be freaking busy,” Baekhyun scrutinizes her, but her facial expression doesn’t change.

It’s your dream, Baek, I’m supporting you,” She pinches his cheeks.

I’ll be very busy if I’m chosen and debut… You know how this entertainment works, right? I won’t have much time with you,

Then I’ll come for you,

Baekhyun’s eyes widen, “Meaning?

I’ll always be there chasing you, so even you say we won’t have intimate times to be together… We’ll have time glancing at each other, smiling at each other. These… These will do, right?

Baekhyun has nothing to say, so he pulls her over for a deep, long, breathtaking kiss.

They will,” He nods firmly, “We… We will make us through these all, okay?

She smiles fondly.

-

“Help me out, will you all,” Baekhyun says since it’s time for the members to change their costumes.

All eyes are set on him.

“Please help me to find her,” Baekhyun his lips, “I know she will come here today.”

Some members furrow their brows, but Kyungsoo breaks the silence as he nods and asks, “Okay, I’ll try to see what I can do.”

And the others nod and say the same as well. Baekhyun breathes out in relieved.

Sehun stops and points a finger to the screaming fans out there, “… Just wondering, hyung… Do you think you know what she wears for today?”

Baekhyun smiles, “… Pink. She will wear pink dress and her hair should be ponytailed.”

“Whoa, hyung… Are you sidekick or what,”

 

Blue.

Pink.

Blue, I said blue.

Pink is cute!

Blue is bright!

She lets out an irritating sigh and rolls her eyes as she pouts. She surrenders in defeat. “Why do you want me wearing pink on your concert later?” She asks.

Baekhyun shakes his head, “I just like it. I first met you with your pink tight shirt—

She cuts him off, “— It was my friend’s and it was embarrassing, stop it!

But I fell for you that day. It’s not really an embarrassing experience,” Baekhyun smiles lovingly.

You’re cheesy,

You love me for being cheesy,

Right,” She nods. “I think I’m ready for your first concert. And, Baek, like it or not, I’ll do my hair a ponytail. Concerts are never fun, you know,

Baekhyun wants to argue but he cancels his intention because she looks irresistible with her cute pout, “… Okay. Ponytail is okay.

-

He snaps awake of his reverie as he tries to make sure it’s not a dream or illusion or imagination. He needs to make sure that she is right there, looking back at him, with the same yearning eyes and sheepish smile and… Is that a banner she holds tightly?

She slowly raises her banner, joining together with the entire banners other fans hold, and it’s a popular quote of their all-time favorite movie – Notting Hill – After all… I’m just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

Baekhyun waves at her direction and says, “I love you,” with his microphone.

Even though other fans thinking it’s meant for them, her smile is the widest and the happiest.

Baekhyun is the happiest too, because they spend her birthday together.

-

To: LOVE (10.34 AM)

I’m still waiting for my flight to Hong Kong. It’s deadly boring… (✗_✘)

 

To: LOVE (10.40 AM)

Still waiting. I wish you were here. I can cuddle with you. (◦ "̮ ◦) 

 

To: LOVE (10.49 AM)

I’m spamming you is okay, right?  (∩_∩)

 

To: LOVE (10.52 AM)

Do you know how much I love you, right? (•ˆ_ˆ•)

 

To: LOVE (11.00 AM)

FINALLY. I’ll talk to you later. I love you. ♥♥♥♥♥

 

From: LOVE (11.01 AM)

I love you more. ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

Oh, btw, here's the best of your smile I captured.

Smile like this too in HK, Baek!

 

 


a/n

the poem is inspired by this.

HAPPY SWEET 17, intanaliR :) all the best wishes for you, dearie! and let's spazzing over our baby Byun together!

HAPPY BIRHTDAY TO OUR DO KYUNGSOO!!

 

Anyway, happy reading!