First Dance

Happiness! //Baekji Oneshots//


 

“I don’t think I could do this,” Baekhyun turned to his best friends and shook his head eagerly, droplets of sweats were obvious on his forehead and he started biting his nail, thank God his best friends quickly slapped his arm to remind that he needed to stop doing his bad habit. “… Sorry. Am nervous,”

 

This is the moment of truth for Byun Baekhyun, since this is going to be his very last chance before he misses her presence, if he didn’t do anything by tonight, he’d be sorry and regretting everything. The struggles he did, the pains he felt, the giddy sensation he sensed would all go to waste if he didn’t do anything. The struggle of being a secret admirer for three years would be forgotten easily if he chickened out tonight.

 

Here’s the plot; for three years Byun Baekhyun harbored a major crush on a female student named Jung Eunji. A major crush, because he was willing to do anything just to be able to reach for the girl; he participated on school events if she was the member of committee, he joined Choir just to be able seeing her doing solo, he stalked her for almost every day for three days just to make sure she got home safe – but who was he kidding, Jung Eunji learnt boxing for a reason, so anyone that tried to disturb her would simply either go to hospital or cemetery. Too bad they were on different circles, Byun Baekhyun was on jocks while Jung Eunji preferred with the outcasts. They barely ever talked, why would her, when they were definitely in different classes and their friends are miles apart? But Byun Baekhyun still fell in love with her anyway. For three ing years.

 

Baekhyun was politely dismissing the females that asked him to go for prom since weeks ago and said that he might not go since he had something to do that day. The only person that he wanted to see was just her, why would he spend his time with someone that is not her? He tried, really tried to make up a conversation. All he ended up was calling for her name and stupidly for a pimple that was growing on her nose.

 

you Baekhyun, now she definitely puts your name on her black list. your tongue, your brain, just you Byun Baekhyun – he couldn’t stop cursing at himself once he noticed her frown was filled with hurt and surprise, but Eunji politely nodded and thanked him anyway.

 

His best friends kindly let Baekhyun choked on his food.

 

Just like he said, he wasn’t supposed to go to prom but his best friends lured him with a picture of Jung Eunji walking in with her friends. He hurriedly took shower, made sure he looked handsome, picked the most proper, good-looking tuxedo, and stole a corsage that his mother once prepared in case he finally decided to go with anyone. With a peck on his mother’s cheek, he asked for a blessing from his mother to win her heart.

 

Byun Baekhyun wouldn’t chicken out, not after three years he would.

 

But he did, he seemed he would, oh he’s sure he would turn back and leave – what, how, why, there are so many questions that popped in his brain once he noticed the girl. Jung Eunji seriously looked alike to an angel that forgot how to fly in that white dress with her hair was ponytailed.  She looked so beautiful, mesmerizing, and enchanting when she smiled at her friends’ jokes that Baekhyun even couldn’t hear – but he laughed along across the room anyway.

 

After making sure from his best friends that Jung Eunji didn’t come with any dude; she came with her best friends, Baekhyun held onto the corsage a bit tighter. He gulped and about to bite his nail again when his best friend slapped the back of his head again.

 

Baekhyun was frozen, he couldn’t think, couldn’t move, couldn’t speak. He was a statue… wait do I breathe? JESUS. Breathe Baekhyun, breathe! His best friends were shocked when Baekhyun suddenly gasped like he needed oxygen and hands were ice cold.

 

“Oh seriously hyung, what’s so hard about this?” one of his bests clicked his tongue and then sent his gaze to across the room. She was still there. “JUNG EUNJI.” He called with super loud tone – why the the music has to stop? The said female raised her head and turned, just to see his tall best friend waved from across the room. “MY FRIEND OVER HERE—THE HYUNG, STOP PINCHING ME—WANTS TO ASK YOU FOR FIRST DANCE. CAN HE HAVE THE DANCE?”

 

Jung Eunji of course widened her eyes and gaped in ajar when she noticed that the person he mentioned was nobody but Byun Baekhyun. She blinked blankly and it took a moment for her to think.

 

“She’s going to say no. Let’s just go to Subway. My treats,” Baekhyun was already weak on his knees and about to cry because Jung Eunji took so long just to think. “Come on, what are waiting—”

 

“—of course,” came a reply. Four best friends paused their plan on leaving and raised their heads, Baekhyun had his puppy eyes widened. He saw her nodding with a smile, a smile that Baekhyun has been waiting to be directed to him. “He can have this dance with me,”

 

Loud cheers were forgotten, slaps from his best friends were forgiven. All Baekhyun could hear and see was only the answer she gave and the smile etched on her face. Beautiful, so beautiful.

 

He didn’t realize that his best friend already pushed him to the front, the middle where the floor for first dance was. Jung Eunji slowly motioned closer with an anxious smile, so Baekhyun sent her with a gentle one, enough to calm her heart.

 

“May I?” he asked as he showed the corsage his mother has prepared for him. She nodded shyly and Baekhyun tremblingly put it on her arm. It fitted her slender, small wrist – how funny. “May I?” he asked again, for permission so he could put his hand on her waist, and she nodded again.

 

The slow dance was started and they led the first dance – they are not even the prom couple, but who cared. The song that the DJ picked was an old-school song from Justin Bieber, First Dance.

 

“I’m Byun Baekhyun.” He introduced himself, now confidence filled him up.

 

“I know,” she nodded as she put her both of her hands on his neck. “You always wait for me on bus shelter and send me home. Of course I know you.”

 

Byun Baekhyun couldn’t help but smile even wider.

 

"If you give your first dance to me, I'm gonna cherish every moment.

It only happens once, once in a lifetime."

First Dance, Justin Bieber ft. Usher