Sincerity

Happiness! //Baekji Oneshots//

They were afraid to define it could be something.

-

It was almost 2 in the morning, and Baekhyun was woken up forcefully by Hyunsik, because it was their turn to be the guards.

As what Howon instructed, all teams should settle a guarding chart, to take care of their belongings, just in case, for protection, because the participants tended losing their stuffs on the camping.

Baekhyun and Hyunsik were not alone, the others, who also woken up by force were sitting in front of their tents, on a carpet, and chatted with their friends.

“How was your night walk?” Hyunsik asked, he yawned after that and opened a Cheetos he stole from Chanyeol’s backpack.

“Fine, how about you? Who did you partner with?” Baekhyun asked back, taking some of it and stuffed them into his mouth.

“I unluckily ended up with Chaerin noona.” He shook his head. “Do you know what she was doing all along? She was rapping as if she was Nicki Minaj or something. My ear drums bled because of the curses she used for that trashy rapping.” Hyunsik looked at Baekhyun depressingly. “I won’t ever partner up with her anymore, for any reason.”

Baekhyun chuckled. “Is she that bad?”

“Well, try to hear her for five minutes. And if you could get along with her, I’ll buy you everything you want in this life. Name it and it’ll be yours.” Hyunsik offered.

Baekhyun shook his head. He barely knew Lee Chaerin, a senior, and also he didn’t want to hear her rapping. “You should offer it to Chanyeol, you know, he would likely agree on your appealing offer.”

Hyunsik scoffed. “No, it would be fun for him but death for me. I’ll offer him something else. Maybe get locked in with your cousin? And who survives will get the prize. Isn’t it awesome?”

Chanyeol and Bomi were famous with their very obvious falling for each other but tried hard to keep it secret. “You’re rude.” Baekhyun nudges his leg to Hyunsik’s. “You know they two are in denials.”

“I know, right? Jongdae and I planned on stalking him, you know, dude? Who knows maybe after they ended their bickers, they would meet up somewhere and make out until they are breathless...” Hyunsik stopped, “… Speaking of denials, how about you and that innocent Jung? Are you really chasing after her right now?”

Baekhyun’s jaw dropped. “How—”

Hyunsik clapped his hands in satisfaction. “—Your glances, bro, if they could kill, Eunji would be gone today. Like seriously, you really can’t stop looking at her. Are you really in love with her?”

Baekhyun didn’t have to say anything, because his reddened cheeks answered everything.

“Well, lucky bastard… You’ve got a jackpot.” Hyunsik opted to move his attention to a tent which right across theirs.

Eunji walked out of the tent with a blanket and a cup of something hot, and oh, she also brought her cell phone and a book with her.

“Why is she alone?” Baekhyun mumbled.

“Give her a company, then.” Hyunsik patted his arm. “I’ll continue my beauty sleep and I’ll make sure nothing would be stolen. So take your time with that girl. Just make sure you are not being such a chicken, dude.” Hyunsik then meanly left him alone, Baekhyun could hear he was asking for Myungsoo to move a bit, then he heard snores.

Baekhyun was frozen on his spot. He pretended to enjoy the Cheetos and checked his cell phone for every five seconds, but he was also glancing at the younger.

And that when Baekhyun found she was inhaling something under her blanket, every time she was sure none was looking at her.

Baekhyun knew he was stupid, he has lost his mind, there would be possibility for his friends, especially Hyunsik to mock him, but he already managed to accept it all later.

Baekhyun took another two jackets out of his tent and walked slowly to the girl. He stumbled though when he was close to her.

-

Eunji heard a curse was whispered, so she looked up and found a senior, who wasn’t letting go of her hand when they were doing night walk, who was caressing her hair when she said she was terrified, who was kicking his friends’ asses because the seniors almost made her tear up, and sent her safe and sound to her tent. Eunji remembered Baekhyun was asking about her condition nonstop.

“Sunbae…” She said in hushed tone.

“Why are you awake?” Baekhyun shot the question indignantly. “You shouldn’t be out here. You should be inside. Come inside, let me talk to one of them.”

She shook her head. “Don’t, sunbae. They were all tired. Just let them sleep. And I actually was with Bomi, but she needed to go to bathroom. I told her not to eat spicy food, but she said it would keep her warm… And now she gets a bad stomachache…” Eunji shook her head.

“Oh…” Baekhyun nodded.

“And why are you still awake, sunbae?” Eunji closed her book, attention was full for him.

“Oh, well… I’m guarding.” He shrugged. “But I’m bored… And I see you… You know, I don’t mean to be a stalker or such… I swear to God I’m not like that… It’s just I saw you were… Well, you were inhaling…” Eunji paled. “… No! Ugh, no… I really don’t mean to see it… But I thought you were relapsing, so yeah…” Baekhyun showed her his jackets, “… I brought these for emergency. Just in case, if you know what I mean…”

 Eunji smiled. “Thank you for your concern, sunbae. Please, have a sit.” Eunji tapped her hand at the empty space on the carpet.

Baekhyun quickly sat down on it and offered her Cheetos, but then he realized, “… Oh, I forget… You shouldn’t take snacks like this… Haha… Sorry…”

Things were awkward for them.

And that was when Eunji’s cell phone beeped, showing an incoming call from unknown number. Baekhyun saw Eunji only glanced at it for a good one second and ignored it, continuing to read her book. When it was ended, it showed her a screen saver.

It was her picture with her boyfriend.

Baekhyun met him once by person. He was picking Eunji up and Eunji introduced him to the members who haven’t gone home, Baekhyun and Jongdae were one of them. Baekhyun was out of favor about him right away. No, it wasn’t because of jealousy, Baekhyun even didn’t know what this weird tingling feeling whenever he saw Eunji ever since he found out about her illness, he just disliked the way her boyfriend treated her, as if Eunji was a property than a girl.

Eunji realized Baekhyun was very quiet, so she gazed at him and found he was staring at her cell phone. She gawked and took it right away. “Oh, God… I don’t remember I still have that picture.” Eunji blushed.

Baekhyun acted he didn’t care. “It’s okay. Couple does those things.”

“We are not couple, sunbae.” Eunji put her cell phone back and Baekhyun glanced she changed it to a picture of a very cute piglet. “We broke up.”

Baekhyun was choked on this. “You what?” He asked, in need to make sure.

“We broke up a day after you gave me a ride home.”

“Oh, no… Is it because of me?” Baekhyun faltered.

Eunji shook her head. “No, silly…” Oh, how Baekhyun loved being called ‘silly’ by her. “I broke up with him actually.” She began. “I just can’t accept the way he treated me anymore. He tried to shape me as something he has been always wanted, a perfect girlfriend, which the more I tried to keep up, the suffocating it would make me.” She looked down at her book, because looking at Baekhyun would only make her speechless and lost her words. “He said he liked smart girls, I tried hard to be one, it was hard, sunbae, to be it… Then he said he liked a girl with long brown hair, I asked Bomi to dye my hair brown and leave it long, while I actually don’t like long hair, it will so hard to take care of it… He said he liked it a vulnerable girls, it was the hardest. I have always been capable of myself, then I have to rely on him. Him picking me up was also one of the part of being a vulnerable girlfriend…”

Eunji didn’t know why she was rambling like this. When she decided to look up, she found Baekhyun was staring at her. Was it her or somehow the moonlight made Baekhyun ten times more gorgeous than ever?

“… I’m talking nonsense.” Eunji said. “I’m sorry, sunbae, for causing inconvenient.”

Baekhyun smiled. “No, it’s okay, I like it, you know, you being honest. And now, he called you again?”

Eunji nodded. “He keeps bugging me, begging I should take him back and such. I really want to shoo him away, but I have no good reason to tell.”

“You can say you moved on already…”

“I did.”

“And?”

“He asked me to whom I moved on.”

“What was your answer?”

“I didn’t answer. Because I don’t have any guy I’m close with.”

“So that’s why he still disturbs you?” Baekhyun questioned. “Even at this time? It’s almost 2 past thirty! That guy is seriously insane.”

Then the phone beeped again, with the same number as before.

“Is it him?” Baekhyun saw Eunji nodded in confirmation. Without asking permission, Baekhyun took her cell phone and ignored Eunji was widening her eyes, “Hello?” Baekhyun heard that guy was asking who he was, where Eunji was, and why he picked up. “Well, dude, listen to this very carefully, because I won’t let myself repeat the same sentence… No, you shut up… I’m talking here… My name is Byun Baekhyun and I’m the newest boyfriend of Jung Eunji… She said she moved on, right? Well, I am the reason she moved on. And she said that you were disturbing her, so I picked up this for her.” Baekhyun furrowed his eyebrows. “… What? Oh… So you want me to send a picture of us kissing breathless for a proof?” Baekhyun smirked. “Get a life, dude… Eunji has moved on, and so should you.”

Baekhyun ended the call and gave it back to the clueless Eunji.

“It’s okay, he won’t disturb you anymore.”

“Sunbae…”

“Hmm?”

“Why are you saying we are dating?”

Baekhyun froze. He made a face and said, “… I was thinking it would help you. Since you don’t like he disturbs you all the time…” Seeing Eunji’s facial expression was unreadable, Baekhyun quickly added, “… But I can inform him, if you—”

“—Thank you, sunbae…” Eunji interrupted him. “For everything. I owe you too much.”

Baekhyun couldn’t help not to smile sheepishly, before he fixed her blanket and gave her his other two jackets. “… If you’re still feeling cold, you can wear these.” He said.

“Why?”

“Why, what?” Baekhyun furrowed his eyebrows.

“Why are you so caring about me?”

Her question might seem tricky, but Baekhyun knew Eunji was as clueless as what she looked. She didn’t understand, Baek, you’re scaring her, he growled. Instead of trying to find a lame excuse, Baekhyun came out with a truth, “… Simply because I want to, I guess. You’re weakly cute and I somehow wanted to act care for you… I, myself, am still trying to find out why…”

Eunji looked at Baekhyun, her cheeks gradually tinted pink.

 

 


a/n

another continuation of Little Things. and for those, who haven't noticed, after updated, I always arranged it in rows for stories with continuation.

well, let's see their progress, should we? :)

ugh, Domino, I really should update that too.....

 

Anyway, happy reading!