What's Your Name?

Happiness! //Baekji Oneshots//

A frown etched Park Chanyeol's face when he had his best friend's phone on his hand - it wasn't a concerned or even worried frown, it was more like confused frown - before he stepped closer to his best friend that was busy with the arrangement papers on his hands, asking this and that, and ruffling his hair into a total hot mess (or like what the fans liked to say).

His best friend sensed his presence, so he looked up and found the giant frowning, "Yah, what's with that face?" he then looked down to his phone and asked, "Somebody called?" a light headshake. "Texted?" an egaer nod. "Who is it?"

But Chanyeol still frowned when he answered, "It's Eunji,"

His best friend, Byun Baekhyun, stilled on his spot before quickly looked up to Chanyeol to take his phone away. But Chanyeol was faster. He raised his hand, just to make fun of the shortie Byun and make him annoyed.

"Are you really using that for her name? Like... Really?"

"Just give it back to me, Park Chanyeol." Baekhyun was this close to punch him in the stomach, when the girl that has become their topic stepped in with her friend along, Bang Minah.

Baekhyun stayed put and Chanyeol let out a teasing smile (scored a smack on his back by the older) when Eunji smiled at him and marched to him. "Hey, Baek," she called. "Did you get my text?"

Baekhyun nodded nonchalantly. "Yes, yes, I did."

She maintained her smile and nodded. "Okay then." she shrugged and turned her back on him and walked away, with Minah followed suit.

"You're pathetic," Chanyeol commented and pushed the phone back to the owner.

Baekhyun also knew he was very, very pathetic.

-

Eunji was sitting on the bench with the laptop on her lap when Minah came to sit beside her. Eunji glanced knowingly and she saw Minah was huffing some air and made her bangs shifted by its movement and she looked at Eunji with a mixed facial expression.

"What?" Eunji finally spoke up.

"It's been nine months, Eunji." Minah said - as if Eunji already knew what it meant.

"Yeah, so?" Eunji asked back, calm.

"So..." Minah took a deep breath. "Are you going to stay acting like you're nonchalant about your feelings or are you going to do something about him? It's been too long, Eunji. You should do something at least, just to show him that you get some sparks about that clueless partner." Minah crossed her arms against her chest. "I still don't get it. How do someone so kind, tender, sweet like you like someone so clueless, careless, and uncaring like him? Ck, this is all Changsub sunbaenim's fault. If only he wasn't partnering you and him, I believe you won't like.. or even know him..."

Eunji chuckled, she knew Minah didn't really like Baekhyun because sometimes he looked rather clueless about her feelings and made Eunji cried because of that for almost four times. But little things Baekhyun did - like the four jackets that have been safe and sound inside her closet, the attention he gave every time Eunji looked pale, the attitude he did when he covered Eunji's nose with his hoodie because there were an elder smoked near them, the ride he gave every time the meetings ended late, and the useless other things he did for her - made Minah's heart melt down a bit.

"He doesn't like me anyway, why should I do something about it?" Eunji said and focused her attention to the laptop. She needed to revise her papers.

"What the..." Minah snorted. "I don't really understand why in the hell you can be this insecure about yourself, but if I were Baekhyun, I wouldn't let you slip away of my eyes. You're kind. Hell, you're too kind for a human being's level. You're diligent. You always smile. You really are something, Jung Eunji. And if he still acts like you're not worth your time, it's his loss. But at least, Eunji, you should do something about your feelings. They are pure, Eunji. They are precious."

Eunji looked down and pressed his lips into a thin line. "I don't know..."

-

"Baek, can I borrow your phone for a moment?"

Baekhyun was startled when Eunji reached out her hand, asking for his phone. He still didn't change her contact name and it would be too obvious if he refused to give it to her. Baekhyun was nervous - and Chanyeol was delighted. "Just give her your phone, Baekhyun..." he even had the audacity to in public.

Baekhyun wanted to have a vodoo doll with Chanyeol's face on it. Like seriously. That guy called himself as a best friend literally need lessons. "Umm..."

Eunji sensed it took a while for him to say something, so she took it as a refusal. "Oh it's okay if you don't want to," Eunji took her hand back.

"No! No! No! No!" The last thing Baekhyun wanted to see was sad Eunji. He gave her the phone and let Eunji have it. "You can borrow it, of course you can, why can't you?" he laughed halfheartedly and Eunji didn't understand what was happening when he walked away and Chanyeol added with "You might want to check his inbox messages..." and ruffled his hair before leaving her alone.

-

"Oh. Isn't this Byun's phone?" Minah asked when he looked at Eunji was checking something on his phone. Eunji nodded and when she was about to put it on the table, a playful smirk appeared on her face. "Texts..." she said. "Can't we read some of his texts?"

Eunji was lured, but she shook her head. "It's his privacy, Minah."

"He's not around, Eunji."

"But still..."

"Then let me," Minah took control of Baekhyun's phone and it's good news because Baekhyun didn't lock his inbox messages. But what stunned Eunji and Minah was when they found lots of texts from a person under a name with <3. Unlike other phones that have pop-up to show some contains of the message, Baekhyun's phone was set to just show the contacts' names only and it should be opened to find what's the text about.

Eunji's shoulders hunched and Minah was disappointed as well.

"Do you want to read one of these?" Minah tried to coax her, but the pale Eunji shook her head.

"I don't feel so well. Please return that to Baekhyun, okay?" and she walked out of the room, leaving the curious Sherlock Minah alone.

Minah was eaten by the curiosity, so she decided to go all the way. She opened one of the message and her eyes widened in surprise.

From: <3

Baek, what time the meeting is?

From: <3

Baek -___-

From: <3

Baek, are you still awake? I'm scared to death because of Insidious and I don't think I can sleep tonight.

 

A smile slowly curved upward of Minah's lips, realizing there's only one person on earth that called him like that in the school. With confidence, Minah went back to Baekhyun's spot and smiled a bit too widely to the male, who was raising his brow in confusion - because Minah wasn't that nice to Baekhyun in any way. "Very smooth, Hearted."

Chanyeol burst into laughter and Baekhyun's cheecks turned rosy.

-

Days passed and both Chanyeol and Minah were too annoyed to see play-it-all-cool Baekhyun and too-kind-smiling Eunji. They were this close to hide them inside the janitor's closet and would let them out after they confessed to each other.

But Bang Minah was Bang Minah and Park Chanyeol was Park Chanyeol. They knew exactly if they did it, both of their best friends wouldn't even admit it. So they arranged another plan.

"Eunji," Minah called her. "Aren't you curious about who's the girl with that heart?"

Eunji pouted and shook her head. "I don't want to be hurt again, Minah..." she sighed. "It's just me, Minah. All these times, it's just me."

"You think so?"

Eunji nodded lightly before went back to play a game on her phone.

"Shall we call the girl then?" Minah offered and she showed Baekhyun's phone with her. Baekhyun alone was sitting on the back with Chanyeol, it seemed he didn't know that his phone was stolen again.

"What, no!"

But Eunji was too late. Minah pressed the green button on the phone and waited while it was dialing. Eunji saw her phone was beeping because of a call under a name of Baek and she picked it up because Minah signaled her too. So Eunji followed and said, "Hello?"

"Hey, Byun Baekhyun!" Minah yelled loudly. "I call your Heart by accident! Why don't you talk to her!" Minah gave the phone to the male. She didn't even care that Baekhyun went blank because of what she did.

Eunji waited. Her heart raced a bit faster. She her lips before saying, "Hello?" again.

Baekhyun was stupefied for a moment before he swallowed and said, "Hello."

 

 


a/n

I've been losing my sense both to write and EXO lately, dunno why. and I dared myself to write again and here's the result.

for those who miss my stories, I miss them too. so please wait for me? :)

 

Anyway, happy reading!