Love Letter

Happiness! //Baekji Oneshots//

Baekhyun felt terrible, because he made fun of a first year’s love letter aimed at his best friend.

-

It’s been a tradition for Seoul High School to set a school orientation, where the seniors could bully the freshmen without getting caught by the teachers, where the male seniors could check out the pretty female freshmen and asked them to do things as they wanted, and where the seniors could make fun of them without afraid of being hated.

And Byun Baekhyun was always the happiest for the school orientation.

Unlike the other seniors, he always acted as the caring senior, who would smile and calmed his friends when they acted too much. He knew and was very aware that would make him get a special place on the female freshmen.

But somehow, not all of them were having a fondness for him.

 

“Where have you been?” Myungsoo asked him when his friend, Baekhyun walked in to the room.

Baekhyun wasn’t deaf to hear the female freshmen’s cheers and gasping. “This.” He showed him banana milk.

“You really are addicted to that thing.” Myungsoo was checking some papers.

“This is an addiction I don’t want to escape.” He put the beverage on the table and then introduced himself to the class. He beamed happily, then he informed to the class about the very important matter, they had to write a love letter to one of the seniors.

Those freshmen in the class, quickly talking about whom they would give the letters to. The girls were giggling and blushing, and pointing their fingers on Baekhyun and Myungsoo, but there was a female newbie, who just walked in to the room, and confused with the sudden noise. She asked to a friend beside her, and when he explained, she nodded. She then laughed with her boy friends, without taking any concern about the love letter or even gazed at Baekhyun.

And Baekhyun wasn’t get used to that.

“Yah, Kim Myungsoo.” Baekhyun called his friend.

Myungsoo turned his head. “Hmm?”

He pointed his finger at that girl. “What is her name?”

“That?” Myungsoo also pointed at the girl, who had an eye smile when she laughed. He then checked his name list and flicked his fingers, “Jung Eunji. Her name is Jung Eunji. Why? She’s pretty, I know, but Junmyeon hyung will kill you if you like her. Remember what he told us–”

Baekhyun cut him off, “–No flirting around. I remember, dude, relax.”

But Myungsoo knew better. He only shook his head lightly when Baekhyun attached his back against the seat and set his eyes on the uncaring newbie.

-

It’s been a habit for the freshmen to hate today. Today was the first day of school orientation and people didn’t know why it still existed. They had no idea why those seniors were keen on doing things like asking them to do sing off tune, do an aegyo or gwiyomi song, and other stupid stuffs to make the freshmen ashamed.

And Jung Eunji always hated the idea of it.

Unlike those female freshmen, who happened to be her classmates, who were busy gossiping about the hottest guys at school, Eunji was only rolling her eyes and walked to the bunch of guys. She liked the atmosphere better, thanks for having four older brothers at home, so she was never feeling awkward near guys.

Because she didn’t give any damn at all for the hottest guys.

 

Jung Eunji was throwing another ball of paper to the dustbin with exasperation emerged on her face. And she got more annoyed when she realized the banana milk has run out. It’s the last cup and she had to go to store if she still wanted.

Then, to add her annoyance, her brothers barged in to her room and bombarded her with such stupid questions.

Her first and the oldest in the family, Donghae asked, “Do you meet handsome guys there?” And of course this question got several hit and refusal from her three brothers.

Her second brother, Jinki kindly asked her a safe question, “Did you befriend somebody there? And please, please, please, we need a girl friend. Please, a girl, please.” Minseok was a bit overreacting because he knew how hard for her to find a nice girl friend. So he frowned when Eunji answered the opposite.

Her third brother, Minseok asked her, “How was the first day? High school is nice, right?” And he kept bugging her with an endless “Why not?! Yah! Why isn’t it nice?!” when she only rolled her eyes.

Being the nicest and the most understanding, Minhyuk only asked her, “Are you hungry?” And when she nodded, he grabbed her arm and pulled her to the dining room, then feeding her with a delicious kimchi fried rice.

“Oppa, buy me banana milk.” Eunji asked.

Minhyuk furrowed his eyebrows. “Don’t we have it in refrigerator? I bought them two days ago..” He didn’t need to continue his words when he saw Eunji was smiling sheepishly. “Okay, I will buy for you.”

 “You’re spoiling her.” Donghae said and the older two nodded in agreement. “You shouldn’t spoil her like that, it won’t be good for her to grow.”

“Like you three are not.” Minhyuk answered casually.

“Yah, baby maknae..” Minseok called her. Yes, that disgustingly adorable nickname was for her when she was at home, “.. I saw so many used balls of papers in your room. Are you trying to cause a worse global warming to end this sinned earth or something? Because, well, I think you should tell us before doing it. So we won’t freak out when suddenly a scene of 2012 reenacts.”

And for that, Minseok got a friendly slap on the head from Jinki.

“It’s a senior tricky request, oppa. They asked us to write a love letter to one of them. And you know how I am with that.”

“Yah, then what is this brat for?” Donghae pointed at Minhyuk. “You should know how sickening it is for me to read his letters to my source of happiness, the oxygen of my existence, the sweetness of this bitter life, Yoon Bora..”

“You !” His face was beet red, “You read my letters?!” He yelled.

“Not only me, these two joined me too, you know.”

Jinki nodded. “Yah, Minhyuk, there is no secret in this house. The harder you try to keep us away, the easier for us to find out. So just let it be. You don’t need to hide those letters under your bed cover anymore–”

“OKAY! THAT’S ENOUGH.” Eunji stopped their bicker. She always got a migraine whenever she had to listen to their unstoppable banters. “Oppa, will you help me? Please, help me. I’m so confused and not know what to do.”

Her brothers wanted to refuse, but the maknae quickly pulled out a look of lost innocent puppy.

“This girl knows how to act.” Donghae stated. “Okay, okay, we will help you with it. Love letter, right?”

And if the oldest already agreed, the younger must also agreed.

No questions or interrupts needed.

 

So here they were, at the living room, Minhyuk with paper and pen, Donghae put his chin on his palm thinking, Minseok playing Let’s Get Rich, and Jinki hit his head (again), and their baby maknae only staring helplessly with banana milk on her hand.

Were her brothers really reliable for this?

It’s not like she was underestimating, but out of five, only Minhyuk who was officially dating. Her brothers got the look and the talents, it’s just, quoting Minseok, “We are more concerned about you. Why should we have girlfriends if we can’t protect our sister?” with pinching her bridge of nose cutely.

“Okay..” Jinki clapped his hands, “Before we plan on the letter, who the hell you will give this letter to?”

And Eunji became the centre of attention.

“Well..”

Eyebrows were raised.

“.. It has to be a guy... Riiiigggghhttt?” Eunji smiled faintly. “Unless you want me to give that to a female senior then..” She shrugged.

“For this once, guys, let it be.” Minhyuk said, trying to break his boys’ protectiveness.

“Okay, a guy. This once. Who will it be? Is there any guy in specific that caught your attention?” Donghae sent a death glare before the others argue.

“There’s none.” Eunji quickly replied, likely wanted to avoid any further interrogation.

“Heyyyyy..” Her brothers scorned.

“Well..” Eunji tried to remember. “There is one. A sophomore, it means he is a year older than me, right? He was the first senior that greeted me welcomingly. And it made my heart thumped faster for a few minutes.”

“His name?” Minhyuk asked.

“I didn’t ask but I did see his name tag. Kim Jongdae.” And somehow Eunji had an urge, coming from nowhere, to remember that name.

“Kim Jongdae.” Her brothers repeated.

Minhyuk nodded and started to write on the paper.

“Please don’t make it as cheesy as yours to Bora eonni, okay, oppa?” Eunji requested.

Minhyuk rolled his eyes but then he nodded. “Of course. I don’t want this Kim Jongdae guy falls for your letter and likes you. You’re off limits.”

Eunji only smiled, even it was very irritating, she had to admit that she liked her overprotective brothers. A lot.

And she just couldn’t wait for tomorrow to come.

Because she finally had a love letter and she wouldn’t be punished.

-

The freshmen were gathered at the school yard, where the seniors were standing in the front, eyes all set to Kim Junmyeon, the School President, who had a very genuine smile, took out all the love letters the freshmen had written.

“I really thank you for you all, who kindly wrote these for us. We are so pleased to read this and we all want to thank you for your attention. Foe me, I get lots of very caring letters. Thank you so much for those who sent your letters to me. I feel really happy because you chose me.” He smiled and bowed down.

Eunji could hear the girl’s happiness screams, calling “Junmyeon oppa, you’re so cool!” with their thumbs raised and their cheeks blushed pink.

But Eunji could breathe in relief because they didn’t ask to read the letters.

Or so she thought.

 

Baekhyun wasn’t the caring, grateful, and concerned type like Junmyeon. He was more out of the box, or that what he called himself. When Junmyeon finished his usual speech, he took the microphone from the older and gave him a playful smile, the one that Junmyeon was already familiar for these past months.

“Hello, everyone, for those who haven’t recognized me yet, I would like to introduce myself. I’m Byun Baekhyun, a second grader, and I’m the Vice School President. It’s very nice to meet you all!” He waved his hand happily.

“It will such a waste, right, if we appreciate your hard work, but we don’t know you at all? Like me, for example.. I get this beautiful letter from Choi Junhee, but sadly, I don’t know who she is.” He pouted. “Can the girl with such a beautiful name, stand up and introduce herself to me?” He asked.

Eunji then looked to her right. She knew her, simply because they went to same school together before.

When she stood up, Eunji could see she was trembling, Baekhyun smiled and waved his hand to her. “It’s a pleasure to meet you, Choi Junhee! Thank you for the letter! And of course, of course.. You are allowed to call me oppa!” He even winked to her.

“What the hell.” Eunji looked at the senior disgustedly.

Her new friend, Song Minho, would likely to be called as Mino, chuckled at her. “Why? Are you surprised to see a good looking guy like him?”

“Eww. Are you insane? Good looking, my .” Eunji retorted.

“He may be sassy like that, but I heard he is smart. He was on the first place at the entrance test and always on the top five out of the first years. He also won many vocal competitions. It was also said that he could easily get a scholarship abroad.” Mino informed.

Eunji looked at her friend and clapped her hands. “Whoa, and I think he might get a fanboy.. You should try to dig information about his fan club. Who knows, maybe he has one.” Eunji suggested sarcastically.

“Yah, you can say that because you don’t know him. If you know him a bit better, trust me, you will head over heels for him.”

“Yes, when the sun rises from west.” Eunji rolled her eyes and backed her gaze on that Byun Baekhyun.

Eunji’s eyes rounded when she saw Kim Jongdae was standing beside Kim Junmyeon, whispering about something. But the way they looked at Baekhyun, Eunji could only think maybe they were annoyed with the way he acted. Of course. That dude over there was very active, he kept moving back and forth, laughing, and winking.

Eunji prayed his eyes would itch because winking too much.

“... Okay? So I will ask my friend over here..” He linked his hand on Kim Jongdae, asked him to step closer, “.. To help me pick out five lucky letters. Those who are called, please step forward and read it in front of the senior you wrote for.”

Eunji’s jaw dropped. “Yah.” She nudged Mino. “What did he say?” She needed someone to make sure it happened.

Mino smirked. “You’re too busy admiring his face, aren’t you?” Eunji hissed at him. “Sorry, sorry. He said his friend will pick out five letters to be read out loud.”

Eunji shook her head. No way. It’s almost impossible, right? There are almost 120 freshmen, so the possibility for her to get chosen was almost less than five percents, right?

Eunji smiled at this consoling thought, so she looked at Kim Jongdae, who was picking out the letters. He then gave the five lucky letters to Baekhyun and moved back to his position, beside Junmyeon.

“I get five lucky admirers’ letters here!” He announced. “Okay, let’s see, shall we? First is.. From Yoon Bomi to Lee Howon. Please come here, Hoya! And Yoon Bomi too, please step forward!”

Bomi stood up and walked with her flushed pink cheeks, and Lee Howon, scratching his nape. That was cute.

“Second letter is.. From Peniel Shin to Goo Hara.”

Peniel walked to the front without feeling nervous and Goo Hara seemed surprised to hear it.

“Third.. Ah! It’s for me! From Kim Hyerim.”

The Kim Hyerim was screaming happily and walked –or ran, because her steps were too quick– and stood up beside Baekhyun.

“Fourth.. It’s for my beloved partner, Kim Junmyeon, from Song Dahye.”

Junmyeon sent an apologetic look to a girl few steps away from him, Mino whispered to Eunji, “It’s his boyfriend, Seo Joohyun.” then he stepped forward, Eunji nodded in understanding.

“Last but not least.. It’s aimed at my very best friend, the one who helped me just now, Kim Jongdae. And this letter is from... Jung Eunji?” He sounded more like questioning than announcing.

Baekhyun looked for the girl. It’s the girl he asked the name before to Myungsoo, right?

And the oh-so-called freshman, opened wide and looked at Mino blankly.

Baekhyun relaxed himself before calling her name again.

“Quick, stand up before they get angry at you.” Mino elbowed her, asking the latter to stand up and surrender to fate.

Eunji shook his head. “Stop nudging me! Just pretend like I never existed. They even don’t know me.”

“Come on, Jung Eunji. You wouldn’t like it if we come to pick you up~~~” Baekhyun singsong.

Eunji her lips infuriately and slowly stood up, caught attention from all eyes, including that Kim Jongdae and his friend, who Eunji wanted to cut his sassy lips and drown him to the deep Pacific Ocean. When she walked to the front, all eyes were at her. And she didn’t like it.

But when she saw Jongdae was approaching her and stood beside her, Eunji felt somewhat secure.

“Hello.” He greeted the younger with his charming smile.

She bowed down, and she heard he laughed quietly.

“No need to be so well-mannered with me.” He smiled. “Thank you for choosing me, anyway, Jung Eunji. It’s a pleasant surprise, remembering I didn’t tutor your class, Baekhyun and Myungsoo did, right?”

“... I never knew that sunbae tutors my class.” She admitted. “I only saw Myungsoo sunbae since the morning.”

“It’s Baekhyun. He will fall sick if he doesn’t go around and mess everyone’s business.” He replied.

“Okay!” Their attentions were thrown back at Baekhyun. “Let’s begin with our first lucky sender, Yoon Bomi!” Baekhyun gave her the letter and let her read it for him.

Eunji nibbled her lower lip. Oh no, she couldn’t do this. She saw Howon was trying to hold back his laughter at her letter, and she was scared that Jongdae would do the same to her. She didn’t want to be laughed at. She wanted her first year was just to be okay, with maybe, having a crush on this guy beside her?

“Don’t worry.” Jongdae said as if he could read her mind. “I won’t laugh.” He grinned. “It’s a pleasure for me to get a letter from you, so I promise I won’t laugh at it. I will think highly of it.”

And Eunji felt the tension was reducing gradually.

Jongdae was good, you know, he asked her about many things before she got her turn, like trying to help her to relax. He asked where she lived, and his eyes really widened when she said she had four older brothers. He even joked, saying “It would be hard for dating you then..” caused her heart raced faster a bit. He said he only had one older brother, but because his brother was married already, so he sometimes felt lonely at home.

And finally, Baekhyun walked to them with a playful grin on his face.

“You’re such a douchebag, Byun.” Jongdae shook his head.

“Hello, Jung Eunji!” He didn’t answer on Jongdae’s remark. “Here’s the microphone and here’s your letter. Please read it and look at my best friend, okay?” Baekhyun told.

Eunji was staggering when she took the letter from Baekhyun. She looked at the letter and then to Jongdae, whose eyes were encouraging. She shook her head. “I’m not doing this.”

This surprised the seniors, Baekhyun specifically.

“What did you say?”

“I said I don’t want to. Are you deaf?” Eunji said. “I don’t want to do this. I don’t want to be a part of your joke. I’m not doing this.” She even returned the microphone and the letter back to him.

“Come back here and do this, Jung Eunji.” Baekhyun called.

“Yah, don’t be too much. Let her be.” Jongdae defended her.

Eunji halted only to shake her head, then went back to where she sat. She even didn’t care with the looks all the female freshmen, who she bet were his fans already, and just breathe. She was very nervous and annoyed there.

“It’s okay.” Baekhyun shrugged. “If she doesn’t want to read, let me.”

Eunji’s eyes widened.

Baekhyun cleared his throat before opened her letter and read it out loud, “Dear Kim Jongdae sunbae,” He started. “Aw, how cute.” He cooed before continued, “You might be not remember our first encounter.. We first met yesterday morning, in front of the school gate. You were welcoming the freshmen and gave us a fond smile. I know, the smile is not just directed to me, but the others too, but your smile somehow captivating.” He then looked at Jongdae, “Dude, your smile is captivating! You should smile more!”

“I’ve never wrote any love letter to anyone, and this is my first, so I wish you won’t laugh at this letter.” He again commented, “Whoa, seems like you never confessed to anyone before, Jung Eunji!” And he got laughter as response. “I know you don’t know me, and that’s okay, because I don’t want you to find out who the writer is. Because I know that will be embarrassing for me and I can’t stand the feeling.” Baekhyun smiled at this line, “I’m sorry, Eunji, I didn’t grant your wish.”

I don’t know whether this is what people called as crush, but I just like your smile, a lot. So I hope you will always smile and when we meet in future, you will greet me with your smile, because your smile is very captivating and makes me happy. Yours sincerely, Jung Eunji.

Mino looked at Eunji, whose eyes were b in tears. “Eunji..” He called her name quietly.

Eunji nibbled her lower lip and tightened her grip on her skirt. She was embarrassed, she was annoyed, she was angry, she was disappointed. All feelings were blend into one and she didn’t like it.

Couldn’t help it anymore, Eunji stood up and left the crowd, she even didn’t apologize when she bumped into one of the seniors.

That senior, named Park Chorong, shook her head and walked to the front. “She cries, Baek.”

Jongdae sighed heavily. “You’re being too much.” He snapped and left.

And Baekhyun felt like an right after.

-

“Eunji..” Jinki knocked on the door. “It’s been three days, baby maknae. Are you sure you still don’t want to go to school?”

No answer.

“Are you hungry? Minseok cooks pancake for breakfast.”

Still no answer.

When Jinki wanted to knock again, Minhyuk caught his hand and shook his head. “Come on. I’ve tried many times before and she still didn’t answer me.”

“But I want to make sure she is alive!” Jinki said.

“Yah, hyung, Eunji won’t die. She loves her life and I trust she won’t end it for any reason. Okay? Let’s go. Let her be.”

Minhyuk dragged him to the dining table, where the other brothers were sitting already.

“She still doesn’t want to go out?” Donghae asked as he sipped his coffee.

“No..” Jinki answered and cut his pancake to small cuts.

“What happened, anyway?” Minseok asked.

The others shrugged.

“It’s just her eyes were puffy when I saw her yesterday.” Minhyuk said.

“Do you think it’s related with her love letter?” Minseok guessed. “Or more! Do you think the senior she likes read it and made fun about it?”

“Yah! He’s dead if he did.” Donghae said, his tone raised.

“He’s a perfect bait for sharks in ocean.” Jinki added.

“Yah, yah, knock it off, all of you. Stop contemplating if you don’t know the truth. Just wait until Eunji wants to tell. She’s almost 16, for crying out loud. We should let her fix her own problems. Letting her to grow up by herself, without us four interfering anymore.” Minhyuk, as the wisest and the closest to her sister, advised.

His older brothers only sighed in defeat.

-

“She’s not coming again.” Baekhyun laid his head on the table.

“Who?” Jongdae asked, his eyes were on the comic book.

“Mother Teresa.” Baekhyun answered frustratingly. “That newbie, of course. Who else?”

“And why are you looking for her?” Jongdae closed the book with a realization hit him. “Don’t tell me.. Is this Byun Baekhyun feeling guilty?”

Baekhyun closed his eyes and covered his ears with his hands. “LALALALALA~~~”

“Why did you do that? That’s just weird, dude. I mean.. You never acted like an annoying pain in the on public. But look at you! You were such a jerk that day. You made a girl cried.”

“Would you please not remind me about that anymore?” Baekhyun yelled.

“Why? Why did you do that to her?”

“.. I don’t know.”

“Baek..”

“Because she wasn’t looking at me.”

“What?”

“That day, when Myungsoo said they will write a love letter, she wasn’t fangirling over me. She was only laughing and playing around with her friends. I mean.. Hello! I’m Byun Baekhyun! None can refuse my radiant charms, right?”

Jongdae rolled his eyes. “Yeah, right.”

“I was a jerk, I know, that’s why I keep looking for her. I did a terrible mistake.”

“But honestly, you felt fun, right, when making fun of her?”

“... I just can’t help it.”

“By the way, I know where she lives.”

“You do?”

Jongdae nodded. “I asked her on that letters stuffs on.”

“And you didn’t tell me at all! You brat!”

“You never asked!”

“Give me the address.”

“Are you serious? I heard she has four older brothers. I wouldn’t be so confident if I were you. You wouldn’t walk out alive if she already told her brothers the truth.”

Baekhyun gulped, but his mind was settled already. “It’s okay, I will do my best so at least I will only be injured not dead.”

 Jongdae chuckled. “Okay.”

-

Eunji woke up with a weird sound came out from her belly. She clicked her tongue, realizing she didn’t eat anything since morning. She took her cell phone and found almost twenty messages, mostly from her brothers, but she stopped tapping when she found a message from Mino.

Mino: Where have you been? Baekhyun sunbae has been looking for you.

Eunji rolled her eyes. She felt annoyed remembering that guy again.

She put her cell phone away carelessly and woke up, decided to grab something before her brothers went home. She walked to dining room and found a message posted on the refrigerator, telling that the money was on the table and she was able to use it if she was hungry. From the handwriting, this must be Minseok’s.

Eunji opened the refrigerator and couldn’t find any banana milk. Actually, she could just call one of her brothers and asked them to buy, but she just wanted to go out, so she changed her clothes, decided to go to the convenient store, and maybe bought ice cream to cheer up her mood.

The way from her house to the convenient store wasn’t really far, it only took ten minutes. She d her noisy belly and decided to fasten her steps so she could get a cup or two of delicious banana milk. When she arrived, the first thing she looked was it.

What she didn’t know was there was someone else, who craved for it.

So when their hands touched by chance, Eunji and him swiftly let their hands go and looked at each other, before their eyes rounded.

“You.” They both said in unison.

-

Eunji scrutinized the male in front of him carefully, like wanted to read his mind.

The taller was uncomfortable of being stared like that. He sensed himself of being judged.

“Would you stop?” He finally managed to say.

And she did. She shifted her eyes to banana milk on her. “What are you doing here?”

He flicked her forehead, caused Eunji wanted to slap him, but she knew she was angry with this guy, so she kept it cool. “First, it’s sunbae for you. Second, I’m here to apologize.”

She raised her eyebrow. “You don’t need to apologize, you didn’t do anything wrong.”

He sipped his banana milk and sighed. “I was wrong. I’m sorry.”

“Why did you do that for?” Eunji suddenly asked.

Baekhyun looked at her vacantly, before answering, “I thought it will be fun. And I was annoyed because you didn’t do what I asked you to do. You’re such a stubborn brat.”

“I’ll take that as a compliment.” Eunji smirked.

“Am I forgiven?” Baekhyun looked at her.

Eunji let their gazes met and smiled, “You must be apologizing because you saw me cried, right?” Baekhyun didn’t say anything. “It’s okay, sunbae, you really don’t need to do it. It’s just me. I was being too much.”

“No, it’s clearly my fault. I shouldn’t read your letter and made fun of it. I’m sorry. I’m very sorry for making you uncomfortable, until you have to absent for these three days.”

Eunji then remembered Mino’s message. So he did look for her. Somehow, that made her stomach felt a foreign funny feeling. “If I said that you’re forgiven, can you promise me not to act like that?”

He nodded vigorously. “Of course, I won’t do it again.”

“Then you’re forgiven.”

“So did you really cry because of what I did?” He asked as he finished his milk, only to open another.

“Nope.” She shook her head. “I was really embarrassed, to be honest. I was thinking about what Jongdae sunbae would feel when he knew what I’ve written for him. I’m scared, and you, sunbae, made it so much worse by reading it out loud. That’s why I cried. So it wasn’t your fault literally.” She smiled.

Baekhyun finished the other cup and his eyes wandered on the last cup of banana milk on the table.

Baekhyun and Eunji were sending glares to each other.

“You can have it.” Baekhyun said, letting the younger to have the last cup.

“No, you can have it, sunbae. I’ve been drinking this too much. I should stop before I fall sick.” Eunji smiled.

But Baekhyun didn’t want to get a no as an answer. He gave the last cup to her. “If you don’t want to drink it now, it’s okay, you can have it later at home. But just take it, you seem like a banana milk maniac, much worse than I am.”

She chuckled. “I had to fight with my brothers for this, you know. But my fourth brother, he didn’t really like it, so he is always in charge of counting and being a referee when we argue about who drinks banana milk the most.”

Baekhyun was stunned seeing her smile, because this image wasn’t directed at him before. After gaining his consciousness, Baekhyun smiled back at the younger, who stared at the banana milk on her palm. “Where do you live?” He asked.

“Few blocks away.” She didn’t move her eyes.

“Okay, let me get you home.”

This made her looked up at him and blinked. But seeing Baekhyun was only smiling, she then nodded, letting the older took her home.

-

When he arrived at her house, he found four guys were standing in front of the house with frustration appeared on their faces.

“Ah.” She slapped her forehead. “They must be freaked out when they didn’t see me.” She uttered lowly.

“THERE SHE IS!” Jinki pointed his finger on his sister, who stood up near the gate and smiled nervously.

Donghae pulled her closer and checked her from head to toe. “Are you okay? Where have you been? Why didn’t you bring your cell phone along? You drive us nuts, Eunji!”

Eunji only shifted her eyes to a male beside her.

Minseok was the first one who understood that signal meant. “And who is this guy?” He narrowed his eyes. “It’s that Kim Jongdae, isn’t it?”

“No, oppa. It’s my senior, Byun Baekhyun. Sunbae, these are my brothers. This is Donghae, Jinki, Minseok, and Minhyuk.”

Baekhyun bowed down at them.

“Why is he here?” Jinki asked.

Baekhyun was about to answer them, but Eunji quickly took over, “Well, he was wondering where I’ve been, because I didn’t go to school for three days. And I met him accidentally at the convenient store when I wanted to buy this.” She showed him the banana milk.

“I told you, right?” Minhyuk said. “Eunji won’t take the money to leave somewhere.”

Donghae patted Baekhyun’s arm. “Thank you for taking our sister home.”

Baekhyun only nodded.

“Come on, guys, we should prepare dinner.” Minhyuk asked his brothers to get in, and when Minseok refused, Donghae pushed his younger brother with force, leaving Baekhyun and Eunji.

“Thank you so much, sunbae.”

He only nodded.

“You should leave before it gets dark.”

He again nodded.

“Bye, sunbae.”

Silence.

“Hey, Eunji.” Baekhyun suddenly spoke up.

Eunji stopped her intention to close the gate, so she looked up at the older, who was smiling genuinely at her. She slowly smiled back at him.

“I’ll see you tomorrow, right?” There was still doubt in his tone.

She nodded lightly. “See you tomorrow.”

-

Baekhyun walked home with a feeling that school would be so much fun since tomorrow.

 

 


a/n

Baekhyun as a jerk senior and Eunji as an unbeatable freshman.

 

Anyway, happy reading!