Shop Your Number

Happiness! //Baekji Oneshots//


“Manse-ya, put it back. It’s not on the list.” Baekhyun said firmly at the younger, who now frowned deeply at him. If only gaze could kill, Manse definitely murdered his hyung by now. Baekhyun found his gaze and he knitted his brows. “Do not make that face to me, young man…, mother’s order, not mine,” he continued and Manse still plastered that unpleased facial expression. “You know what…, fine, take it,” he surrendered finally.

 

No wonder his friends called him easy – not that easy in some ways, it’s just he’s so easy to have pity on somebody else. And according to his fellow best friend, Park Chanyeol, it’s the reason why he always got dumped by his ex-girlfriends; because Byun Baekhyun was an easy guy.

 

“No, Minguk-ah…,” he now turned to Minguk, that boy held a board of monopoly game. “We already have it. No, you can’t frown like Manse too. It works only once. I won’t be fooled twice.” Baekhyun patted his hair and walked with the trolley.

 

Having three little brothers was not something simple, and more they are twins; one brain in three persons, one heart in three persons. Baekhyun once made Minguk cried because he messed up Baekhyun’s papers – and the result he needed to take care of three crying babies, since Daehan and Manse cried seeing Minguk wailed like he’s been hurting. Baekhyun once made the Triplets hated him for not buying banana like he promised to Daehan – it’s Daehan for God’s sake, so why would they be mad at him? But Baekhyun didn’t have any other choice that day, except ended up buying more bananas than he promised to Daehan.

 

“Eomma cooks?” Daehan pulled his denim pants so Baekhyun would look at him.

 

“Nope, little guy, it’s hyung cooking again.” Baekhyun smiled and Daehan smiled back. He really was the cutest on earth, being the oldest of Triplets made him more mature and dependable than the other two, and also the way he smiled and did his best to make his hyung proud was rather lovely to see.

 

“Hyung, hyung, hyung… Strawberry!” Minguk pointed his small index finger to a counter. It wasn’t crowded like other aisles, and the counter was full with strawberries that anybody could pick by them own.

 

The triplets loved strawberries – it was the only way for Baekhyun to be able to teach them without disturbance, so he pushed the trolley following the running kids to the aisle.

 

Baekhyun’s eyes widened in horror though when he saw a young couple were laughing to themselves and didn’t look at their surroundings, and if they kept it going, their trolley would hit the boys.

 

“Watch out!” a female’s voice was heard and Baekhyun closed his eyes, didn’t have the courage to see what would happen.

 

Baekhyun wished to hear at least the boys were crying – but he didn’t hear any. He slowly opened his eyes and found the boys were already pulled aside with the couple bowed to a female that now scolded them.

 

It wasn’t just a female, it was their teacher – the pretty teacher with her caramel straight hair (it was damp and sticky, looks like she was just bathed), wearing oversized crinkly tee under her ugly sweater and training pants. Baekhyun could tell she only put on small amount of makeup, Baekhyun could tell she only put on small amount of makeup, but it didn’t miss from his eyes that she got small pimples over her right cheek – Baekhyun find it endearing (damn it).

 

She hugged the little boys and it took a moment before she finally looked around the surrounding to make sure no one was got hurt. She then looked up and found Baekhyun was blinking at her confusedly. She stood up finally and let out a small smile on the couple before they bolted away and she finally glanced down at the boys. “You’re okay?” she asked, tone questioning and also there’s a small hint of worry.

 

“Eung!” they nodded cheerily and walked away to get their strawberries. Last thing that Baekhyun could hear was Daehan tried to call Manse to hold his hand and Minguk whined because he’s just too hungry over the strawberries.

 

Baekhyun and her was gazing at each other for a good one minute before she finally spoke up, “Monthly shopping?” she asked as she pointed with her well-polished point finger.

 

“Oh no,” Baekhyun quickly shook his head. “My mother works late so I replaced her to shop. There are lots missing in our house that’s why we shop.” He replied and gazed at her shopping basket – there are lots of snacks (Cheetos, well same taste alert!) and toiletries. “You’re snacking a lot,” he teased unhelpfully and the way she chuckled definitely sent him to heaven.

 

“Oh well… I’m busted.” She pretended to raise her hand in defeat. “But what can I say? When you’re teaching and studying for your major, I bet you’d starve a lot.” She replied coolly and now Baekhyun got new information; she’s a college student too. When he asked what major she was in, she answered with, “English Lit. Yeah I know you might think that it doesn’t suit my occupation, but English is something I did best.”

 

“Oh really?” Baekhyun raised his brow in excitement – having same major is of course exciting, “I’m in English major too.”

 

“Well. What a lovely coincidence.” The way her smile formed her eyes into mere slits made Baekhyun chuckled – oh what nation should he save to have those smiles just directed to him. “I should get going then,” she bowed lightly and turned to wave at three boys that already had their lips reddish because of those strawberries.

 

Baekhyun was torn between calling her or reaching his brothers and nag about their dirty mouths – until he unconsciously called for her name and the female turned to see him as she raised her dark brown eyebrows. “… This may seem and sound insane but…, can I have your number Eunji-ssi?”

 

Her lips broke into a wide, happy grin along with shades of pink that Baekhyun had to carefully notice up close if he wanted to see. She her lips and stepped closer to him as she retorted, “I thought you’d never ask.”

 


a/n

I MISS BAEKJI. I MISS WRITING. WHY DID I STOP.

anyway, happy reading beloveds!