Triplets

Happiness! //Baekji Oneshots//


There’s one thing in particular that Baekhyun hated when he’s in university holiday; taking the triplets to go to playgroup. For those who didn’t know what it is – it’s a kind of place where kids under  four years old go for playing around, making some friends, and learning Hangul or just moral manners.

Maybe his parents supposed to have a daughter since they already Baekhyun as their first son, but when his mother was pregnant and the doctor announced happily that she would have three baby boys, his mother almost fainted at her spot. Baekhyun was only rolling his eyes and teased his father for having wrong moves the nights they planned to have another baby.

Baekhyun was wearing his white tee and ripped denim pants only. He held a big, rainbow-colored umbrella because it was raining out there, when the triplets were going out of the kitchen, mouth full and chewing the toast.

The maknae of triplets, Manse intentionally stole the middle twin, Minguk’s, blueberry toast and it made the older burst out crying. Baekhyun needed a moment to calm down his own heart before he squatted down and picked up Minguk. He walked around the living room and tapped his back softly, whispering good things and promised him candies if he could behave – so the boy stopped crying. Baekhyun put him down and gave him the promised candy to Minguk with Manse staring in envy. “Don’t be naughty and you’ll get one too.” Baekhyun pointed a finger to his brother and he nodded heartily. “Promise?” Baekhyun stuck out his pinky finger which happily grabbed by the younger.

“Candy… Candy…” he mumbled and Baekhyun gave him with a small smile.

Now where’s the hyung going? Baekhyun walked over to living room – only to find his mother was washing dishes with her working uniform – white shirt, black blazer, and black skirt. Baekhyun went to her side and said, “Eomma, let me do it after I drop the boys off to school.”

“It’s okay,” his mother turned over her heels to see her oldest son. She caressed his wavy, khaki brown hair and said, “Just pick the boys to school. If you’re looking for Daehan, try living room again. He must be watching Pororo right now.”

Baekhyun nodded and he went back to living room, caught the oldest twin was watching TV with mouth watering. Baekhyun saw what made him drooling; it was an ice cream commercial. When Baekhyun went to pick him up to bring him to his brothers, Daehan refused. “Hyung, hyung, hyung…” Daehan as the oldest twin gripped the hem of his tee and forced him to squat down. “Ice cream…, tasty…, want…, want…,”

Baekhyun picked him up and brought him to the front door where Minguk and Manse already waited. They talked that only heavens knew what it was in their alien language and a smile etched on Baekhyun’s face because they were holding hands.

“Daehan, hold Manse’s hand. Manse, don’t let Daehan hyung go away okay?” Baekhyun raised a thumb to them and the boys nodded in unison. Baekhyun then straightened up the way he stood and muttered, “Attention!”

The triplets loosened their grips on each other and stood up with fists balled on their sides. They really, really looked adorable like that.

“Get in line!” Baekhyun as the Commander gave an order. The boys got in line with Manse in the front, Minguk in the middle, and Daehan as the attentive and beloved hyung in the back. Baekhyun nodded in satisfaction. “Uniforms?” he asked.

“Um!” the boys raised their fists happily.

“Breakfast?” Baekhyun asked.

“Um!” the boys show their bellies to Baekhyun, boasted at him.

“Shoes?” his last question.

“Um!” and “Hyuuuuunggggg~~~” was heard.

Minguk and Manse turned to see Daehan wasn’t wearing his shoes yet only his socks already wore on. Baekhyun clicked his tongue but he still squatted down to look inside the cabinet near the front door and took Daehan’s shoes. As if he was skilled, Baekhyun helped the boy wearing his shoes and he got a peck on his cheek by the little one.

“Are we ready to go to school?”

“Yes, hyung~~” the baby boys jumped in happiness and Baekhyun opened the door so they could walk one by one.

Baekhyun glanced up and found his mother was smiling genuinely at him, crossing her arms against her chest, maybe she was proud at him because even Baekhyun hated it, he was still taking his responsibility seriously. “Eomma, we’re leaving.” Baekhyun waved farewell and his mother nodded knowingly.

-

The playground was crowded – another reason to hate it because it was full with mothers, the gossiping mothers. Their gazes now landed on him for bringing his brothers over and when they started to whisper to each other, Baekhyun could really tell what it was; isn’t he too young to have babies, maybe his mother is too busy working so she sacrifice her son, his mother is irresponsible. He was growing up with rumors since he had single mother – his father walked out of their family since he found a younger, single woman was more interesting than woman with four children.

“Daehan, stop pulling my shirt,” Baekhyun grabbed his arm and pushed it away softly. “Minguk, don’t go, stay. Manse, where’s Manse?” he couldn’t keep track on his brothers – oh for goodness, couldn’t he just tie his brothers with rope? Baekhyun bent down to Daehan and Minguk. “Don’t go. Stay. Hyung is going to look for Manse. Okay?”

The two boys nodded, but somehow mischief was flickered inside Minguk’s eyes – no, he couldn’t leave these punks here, he thought to himself so he picked them up on his embrace and went over to find the youngest baby.

“Daehan, my shoulder is not an ice cream… Stop it.” Baekhyun warned but the boy still it for his own good.

Not that Minguk helped his hyung by hitting or maybe just being mad at Daehan, Minguk instead joining his brother to on Baekhyun’s shoulder. Baekhyun heaved a sigh and swore he would cut their tongue off later when he found Manse.

“Manse!” Baekhyun called the youngest boy – he was already at the playground, he was ing flirting with a girl there because whenever the girl went, Manse would follow her and what’s with that rosy cheeks. “Manse, over here!” Baekhyun called again, but he was ignored by the boy.

Baekhyun had no choice but to let go of the two to get that inexperienced flirt. Once they were on the ground, they were running away as if Baekhyun was a bad kidnapper. Baekhyun left the wet shoulders and went to catch Manse, but the boy was so good and fast – maybe because he thought Baekhyun was playing tag with him so he was screaming happily and running.

Baekhyun really hated this. Having no other choice, he put his hands on his waist and said loudly, “ATTENTION.”

The triplets suddenly stopped running. They gazed at each other and they thought they knew they were in trouble because Baekhyun came over with a displeased expressed on his face.

“The class hasn’t started yet, but your uniforms already rumpled. Ck, don’t you know how tired Eomma is when ironing your uniforms?” he said much to himself, since he believed his brothers wouldn’t understand. “Get in line.” Baekhyun said tiredly, and they did. “Daehan, you’re the hyung. Hold Minguk’s and Manse’s hands and never let go.”

Daehan walked to hold his brothers’ hand – Manse was about to flee but Daehan already caught his arm and he pouted because of it.

Baekhyun squatted down and took out a box of tissue from his backpack – it’s a backpack full with stuffs; tissues – dry and wet –, band-aids (just in case), diapers, extra clothes, small towel, and others – and then he wiped sweats away of their faces. Baekhyun let out another small smile and took out some fresh strawberries of the lunchbox. “Daehan gets two, Minguk too, Manse…” Baekhyun only put one and he got a pout from the youngest. “… You were running away from your brothers. So you get one.”

Manse still pouted but he didn’t complain. In the end, he changed it to smile because Baekhyun hyung was being angel for giving him another strawberry. “Thank you…,” he said, mouth watered because of the strawberries.

-

Baekhyun kept biting his lower lip as he ran as fast as he could to the playgroup. He was late because of the rain and on the way he forgot the umbrella, so he needed to go back to take it. Baekhyun wished the boys weren’t crying. He already prepared some snacks, just in case, when he got there, they were already wailing and blaming his hyung.

He clicked his tongue because it was already quiet at playgroup. He went in and found no kids or mothers left. Damn, he was really late. He went to the playground and it was empty, no one was there. Desperate, Baekhyun went in to playgroup and his steps led him to teacher’s longue. He had his hope high because the lights still on and he heard soft chuckles.

He opened it rather carelessly and found a young female – maybe at his age or younger – she got a wide, cheery, ing beautiful smile and now on her lap was Daehan. Minguk and Manse were seated in front of her and they were three were giggling heavenly.

“Baekhyun hyung!” Minguk was the first to notice his presence. After that Manse followed by, “Hyung… Hyung… Hyung…” with some random dances he got. Daehan was being cool with nodded at him.

Baekhyun stepped closer and heaved a relief sigh. He then glanced to the female that was staring at him. “Oh, hello.” he bowed at her and picked up Daehan. “Thank you for looking out these kids,” he smiled and Baekhyun swore this girl had the sweetest smile because her smile made his heart pound and more, her lips were pink like cotton candies. Damn, he was screwed.

“No problem, I really like them,” she smiled and stood up. She was already wore heels but she was still shorter than him – no, it’s perfect, their heights matched. Get a grip, you idiotic moron, he cursed at himself. “You’re their guardian?”

“… Kinda?” he said in questioning tone. “They’re my brothers,” he explained and the female nodded at him. “So um… Thank you…”

“You’re welcome and it’s okay, your brothers are wonderful. I had fun with them…” she said with that same beautiful smile that Baekhyun wished he could keep it inside a drawer for himself. “It’s just surprising though, their names. Long live Republic Korea,”

“My mom… Is very, very original with words,” he reasoned out and the girl giggled at his attempt for a supposed-to-be-funny joke. Then, the boys whined of hunger, calling his brother for food when Baekhyun realized she was just left alone there. “You’re… Alone?” he asked.

She nodded. “Um, the others have gone home I guess,” she said.

“Then… Do you want to go together?” he blurted even without his own permission. “It’s raining out there… And um… You’re a beautiful, beautiful lady… No. That’s not what I meant… You’re beautiful, don’t take this wrong… Oh, Jesus, this is so wrong… Um, I mean… It’s not fine for woman to go home alone… Um… Ugh… I think you understand…,” his cheeks must be turning to red because the lady seemed somewhat amused at him.

“Wouldn’t it be disturbing?” she asked worriedly.

“It will be a nice trip,” Baekhyun smiled (he was jumping in joy inside) then he turned to see his brothers. “Won’t it be fun if your teacher goes home with us, kids?”

“Yeaaaaaaaaaaaa~~~” Manse still danced randomly.

“Of course, of course…” Minguk nodded eagerly.

“Hungryyyyyyyyyy…” Daehan pointed his mouth sadly.

Baekhyun picked up Daehan and asked Minguk to hold hands again with the maknae. He turned to see the female was taking her tote bag and made sure nothing was left. “I’m Byun Baekhyun, sophomore.”

She grinned charmingly. “I’m Jung Eunji, the triplet’s teacher.”

 

 


a/n

I'm in love with fatherly Baekhyun in Superman Returns (I know I'm so late....) and I'm always in love with the triplets -- so yeah....