The Signature That Signifies The Beginning

Falling In Love Wasn't Part Of The Contract

“1,000,000 won. I will pay you 1,000,000 won if you would sign a contract with me for being my fake fiancé for one year.”

 

The duo sat there looking at each other for a good three minutes, while everything was processing through the smaller man’s mind.

 

1,000,000 won was’t a lot actually, but to Sungjong it could pay for a year worth of textbooks and necessities, and then finally he would have spare cash to buy something he wanted for himself.

 

But seriously? FIANCE of Myungsoo? Why not just ask him to be a maid at his house or something…

 

But really, what did he need to do anyway? He just had to be recognized as Myungsoo’s boyfriend, nothing else. He didn’t have to do much and BAM he would have attained 1,000,000 won.

 

But one whole year?! With HIM?! Oh why not just stuff his head into a toilet bowl or something…

 

“Deal.” Forget it. Money makes the world go round. And for Sungjong, his world would spin. Myungsoo raised his eyebrow, shocked that the other male actually accepted his offer; but he broke into a smirk and clasped his hands together, “Great. Meet me after school tomorrow. The contract will be ready by then.” The kingka stood up and strut out of the library, the students following after him, with some casting suspicious looks back at Sungjong.

 

Sungjong snorted. He still couldn’t believe that conversation with the irritating Myungsoo actually happened.

 

Sungjong hid his blush that was creeping up his cheeks, shaking his head profusely. No no no no!! Why was he blushing?!

 

Although there was no other way to escape something he had already agreed to; Sungjong still didn’t want the time to head off to Myungsoo’s house to come. But before he knew it, a day had passed and it was the last lesson before school ended. The boy had spent the whole of last night thinking over his exchange with Myungsoo, wondering why was HE asked to do it, and not someone else.

 

He wondered if his life was ever going to be the same again, or was it going to be turned upside down by his one word of acceptance to the contract.

 

“Earth to Sungjongie~” Hoya sing-song voice woke Sungjong from his trance, as he realized he was still in his seat in his classroom, and everyone else were already packing their backs, all looking forward to the weekends. Sungjong turned around and smiled at his roommate who was leaning again the back door of the classroom, waiting for him for their usual walk back to the dorms from school.

 

Packing his books and stuffing them into his bag, Sungjong leaped off his seat and greeted the senior, who ruffled his hair cheekily. Sungjong whined and pouted, giggling as he flattened his hair neatly with his hand. “Hyung, I won’t be going home with you today, I have…. Something to attend to.” Sungjong told Hoya, who stare at Sungjong questionably before shrugging his shoulders.

 

“Oh well. I am heading out with Sunggyu, Woohyun and Dongwoo tonight anyway. So you prepare your own dinner yeah.” Hoya tapped Sungjong’s nose, causing Sungjong to scrunch up his face.

 

“YAH!” The duo turned to face the loud rude voice that seemed to be shouting out to them. Myungsoo had his bag slung over his shoulder and his hand tucked in his school coat pocket; he looked at Hoya then to Sungjong, before jerking his head to the school gate and walked off.

 

Hoya looked back at Sungjong, “Please don’t tell me the ‘something’ you have to attend to has something to do with that rude kingka who doesn’t even know how to greet his seniors.” Sungjong laughed awkwardly before bidding goodbye and jogging towards the man in front of him. Sungjong followed quietly at a distance, not wanting to get mobbed by the fans around the kingka. They seemed like a swarm of bees around him, Sungjong thought.

 

As Myungsoo got into the black slick vehicle drove by his chauffeur, he pointed at Sungjong who was stunned, and pointed at the seat beside him. The ‘bees’ that had followed L all the way to his ride started buzzing in confusion and anger as Sungjong silently and swiftly made his way into the car.

 

“Argh. I am so dead tomorrow.” Sungjong grumbled as he stared out of the window, ignoring the side-way glance casted on him by Myungsoo.

 

Myungsoo swore he saw Sungjong giggle and pouting, and it was… adorable. But why was he always so cold in front of him? Myungsoo frowned at the thought. Was he that bad of a person in the midget’s opinion?

 

Sungjong looked at L from his reflection on the window pane. Really, does this cold prince EVER smile? Exactly why he could never get along with him. Sungjong, on one hand, loves to smile. While for Myungsoo, no one had claimed to have ever seen him smile before.

 

Sure there were smirks. But a genuine, happy smile? Never.

 

As Sungjong settled on the luxurious couch in the huge living room, gazing up at the pretty crystal chandelier that hung above. He had arrived in Myungsoo’s house. Correction, Sungjong thought, it was more like a mansion. L settled on the seat opposite him, as one of the maids placed a file and a pen on the table, while another brought Myungsoo a mug of coffee.

 

“The contract.” Myungsoo announced matter-of-factly.

 

Sungjong looked down at the black and white document placed in front of him on the table, feeling Myungsoo's eyes while sipping his coffee as Sungjong picked it up to read more carefully:

 


 

CONTRACT OF ENGAGEMENT

Lee Sungjong and Kim Myungsoo

Officially engaged as of today, 3rd October 2011.

Engagement to be dismissed officially on the 3rd October 2012.

Lee Sungjong to receive contract payment of: 1,000,000 KRW upon completition of contract

 

Terms of contract:

1. Neither party are allowed to announce the geniune truth behind this Engagement.

2. Neither party are to share their property between each other.

3. Neither party are to involve own personal emotions/feelings in this engagement.

If the above terms are to be violated, the contract will be immediately terminated.

 

Upon Contract Completion, both parties are to vow never to be in interaction or have any obligations with each other.

 


 

Sungjong picked up his pen and hesitated to sign his signature, but thinking about his whole year of school fees to be paid off with this contract payment, the boy immediately signed on the line below the contract terms. pfft, falling in love with L? That was one term he SWEAR he wouldn't break. Myungsoo smirked as he turned the file around and signed beside Sunjong's, snapping the file shut and handing it over to Sungjong.

 

"Keep it. Safeguard it."

 

Sungjong nodded and stood up, ready to head out of the kingka's mansion and back to his ordinary life outside, with just a small change of being named fiance of Kim Myungsoo, Kingka of Woollim Academy. Until he was stopped by a pull of his wrist. Sungjong turned around, his eyebrows furrowed in confusion as he saw L looked back in amusement.

 

"Where do you think you're going?"

 

"Home?" Sungjong answered like it was the most obvious answer in the world, that was till he realised he must have answered wrongly as Myungsoo chuckled.

 

"We're 'engaged'. From now on, you stay under my roof."

 

Sungjong stared back at Myungsoo as the pair looked at each other in silence, the high school boy trying to digest what he had just heard...

 

OH, HELL NO.

 

 

TBC...

 

 

A/N: yayyy another update!!! i love writing this fic!!! so i guess you should be glad to hear that, as it just means i will update this fic more frequently :D eep i am glad i got back the subscribers i had lost and more!!! PLEASE GIVE LOTS OF LOVE AND COMMENTS FOR THIS FIC :DD hope you guys enjoyed the update!!~