Mental Breakdown Story Review

Falling In Love Wasn't Part Of The Contract

 Mental Breakdown Review

"Falling In Love Wasn't Part Of The Contract"

Author: purplematoki

Main Characters: Lee Sungjong (Infinite), Kim Myungsoo (Infinite)

Genre: Angst, Fluff, Romance, School Life, 

Status: On-going

Description of Story:
Lee Sungjong was just an ordinary high school boy: he studied in Woollim Academy, he achieves relatively good grades, shares a dorm room with his best friend Hoya, works as a waiter at the Inspirit Cafe although the salary was barely enough to pay off his school fees. All Sungjong ever wanted was for his simple life to stay the same, was that asking much?
Well, apparently it is.
Sungjong never knew he would get himself pulled into a situation with the cold yet cool kingka of Woollim Academy, Kim Myungoo a.k.a L. Sungjong never knew he was going to be tied into a Engagement Contract which lasted for only one year so as to help aid the cold Kingka to get out of an arranged marriage set by Mr Kim. He never knew he was going to be used as the cover up of the secret relationship between Myungsoo and the Queenka of the Academy, Gyuri.
He never knew he will actually fall in love with the irritating Kim Myungsoo.
And Lee Sungjong never knew he will finally understand what True Love really meant.

 

 
catwalk2.gif
Critique:

Story Title: 5/5

The story title is so unique and intriguing. It's so interesting and once I read it, I was so attracted to this story. It made me really want to read this story. Since I've never heard this title before, I would say that it's very unique.

 

Graphics: 8/10

Once I read the first sentence of the description, I immediately wanted to read this story. Why? Well first of all Lee Sungjong is like my bias. But that's not the full reason why I wanted to read it. The description is so interesting, and it brings in readers. It's like a preview of the story, and it shows the many qualities of the story. I was so interested on how their would unfold once I read the description. The forward was so interested I was wondering what would happen next, therefore making want to read more. This was very good and I loved this.

 

Description and Foreword: 9/10

Description amd foreword is third thing that readers notices as as soon as he clicks on your story. It’s important that you didn’t give out too much of the plot. So it’s just enough a few lines of the description. So people often putting quotes, than lines of lyric they love...etc. So, I love both your sections, but I think you should short it just a little. Foreword is very well organized it’s not messy. 

 

Characterization: 10/10

Lee Sungjong <3 Sorry, just had to do that. Anyways Lee Sungjong is the cute, adorable shy boy, that has a normal life and lives with his roommate. Also, he has a cute and sassy attitude. He pretty just wants to keep living a normal life, but once L interferes in his life, his life is turned upside down. He gets hurt, and bullied by jealous people. Then slowly he learns to love, by the same person that forced him into the engagement. His character is easy to understand and interact with. However, we don't get stuck in marriage contracts. If that would happen, I think everyone would want get stuck in a contract with our bias. Sorry! Anyways I love his character and his personality, adding a little spice to sungjongs sweet and cute personality.

Kim Myungsoo character is bad boy getting whatever he wants. He has the character of a boy that is truly sweet and nice inside if you get to know him better. He wants just a boy to be his fake fiancee to get to be with his girlfriend. However, once he enters sungjongs world he gets lost by the boys sweet and wonderful self. He learns to love, however he still has that personality of a boy that gets what he wants. Therefore, with tricks he tries to get sungjong back. I really like his character and shows that even a bad boy can change with love.

 

Plot: 38/40

The plot is kinda common since it has bad boy meets cute guy and fall in love. However, the big difference is that it involves a contract, and both boys don't want anything to do with each other. This way the story is unique in a way, and with the unique personality of the characters, it creates a good plot for this story. I really love the way this story is going.

 

Consistency: 5/5

It has a good flow, and your no rushing their relationship. They didn't fall in love really quickly like most stories do. You're going at a great pace, and I love that. Keep going with the flow, and create a masterpiece.

 

Readers' Response: 4/5

Everyone loves this!! Like how can you not. You have many subscribers, and they all understand this story. They are not confused by the characters and they support you a hundred percent. The thing is that you don't update as often, and th kinda drive them crazy. Since they are so curious and they want to know more of what is happening. Me too!! I understand that you have college and homework. But once in a while write a note to your readers, so they won't go crazy.

 

Grammar and writing style: 8/10

I like your writing style and it's easy to understand this story. There are some errors here and there, since you don't have time to proof read your work. However they are not major, and can easily be fixed and understand.

 

Over-all enjoyment: 5/5

I just love this story. Again sungjong!! <3 sorry!! I hope to read some more since I'm so addicted to this story. Keep up the good work.

 

 

Total Score: 92/100

Story Link: Click here.        Requested by: purplematoki        Reviewed by: abyxiu
P.S. You just earned your ticket to the Hall of Fame. Your story will also be featured on the
main page of the shop. Congratulations to you and your story!

catwalking.gif

 

From purplematoki to all you wonderful readers:

HIIIII readers!!! purplematoki here <3 (so sorry if you were expecting a story update TT_TT)

First off, do check out Mental Breakdown Reviews if you want your story to be reviewed or have any new story recommendations! They are really professional and detailed with their review :) They also provide beta-reader service!

Link here: CLICK CLICK!

I have to say, i am really motivated to continue this story after receiving such a good feedback :') I can't believe i am on the Hall of Fame for their review page TT~TT i am really glad that you all have been such faithful and loyal readers!!! i am so sorry for the hiatus right now, because this year is truly the crucial year for me (GCE A Levels ><) I hope you guys can just bear with me for a while longer with your patience, i will free up one of the days this week soon to update this story!! PLEASE LOOK FORWARD TO IT <333 Love you guys soooooooo much!!!!


X5z6oHn.gif