First Love, First Heartbreak

Falling In Love Wasn't Part Of The Contract

WARNING: not proof read because i wanted to post this up asap. will edit this chapter when i have the time, so pardon any spelling/grammer/sentence structure mistakes for now ><

 

 


 

Perhaps it was due to how they had enjoyed each other’s company so much or that god really did spin the clock hands several times faster than usual, that in a blink of an eye it was down to a week before the fake engagement contract between Lee Sungjong and Kim Myungsoo were to come to an end. The smiles exchanged were slowly becoming gloomy and forced, as both the boys knew what they had to do when the fateful day arrives.

 

Upon Contract Completion, both parties are to vow never to be in interaction or have any obligations with each other.

 

Oh why the hell did he have to include that last sentence?!Myungsoo cursed for the umpteenth time ever since he had realised his feelings for the other. Because of his stupidity, right now he has… 7 days 5 hours and 33 minutes left before Sungjong is completely out of his life. Not that he was keeping watch of the time. Myungsoo groaned as he walked down the street after a movie date with Gyuri. L felt extremely guilty for falling in love with someone else, as technically he was cheating on his girlfriend’s feelings. But he couldn’t bring himself to confess to her, yet.

 

Sungjong sighed for the thousandth time, earning a whack on the head from C.A.P, his boss claiming that his expression was scaring away the customers in the café. Sungjong gazed at the Chunjoe couple, still as loving as ever, as Chunji squeaked in delight as L.Joe pounced onto his back. When will he ever experience that?

 

Ding!

 

Sungjong looked up lazily at the new customer who just arrived, his eyes widening as he noticed the equally surprised guest staring back at him. It was Myungsoo. It seemed like the boy had been so deep in thought, he had no idea his own feet had lead him to the exact café Sungjong was working at. Myungsoo refrained from slapping his forehead, as he pretended like he had planned to come for a drink and settled in a booth.

 

Chunji pushed Sungjong out from behind the counter, gesturing towards L as though telling him, “Shouldn’t you be attending to HIM?!” Sungjong cursed inwardly as he composed himself and headed towards Myungsoo.

 

“Hi.”

 

“Hey.”

 

“Erm… So how was your date with Gyuri noona?”

 

“…Fine.”

 

“…Right.”

 

Silence crept between them as Sungjong didn’t know what else to say, Myungsoo was busy looking through menu on the table, although his pupils just remained at the same exact spot.

 

“Erm so can I have your order?”

 

“Oh Right.” Myungsoo related his order to Sungjong, picking something random from the menu. Just as Sungjong was about to leave, L instinctively grabbed his hand.

 

“Erm… Do you wanna go to the amusement park again this weekend? It has been long since I last been there…” Myungsoo garnered all the courage he had in him to blurt out the question. Sungjong was surprised, a slight blush creeping up his cheeks as he nodded slightly and smiled back. L grinned and let go of the other’s wrist.

 

YES!!Sungjong and Myungsoo both shouted in their minds.

 

Saturday, was exactly three days before the end of the contract. And for some odd reason, they were dressed in exactly the same clothes as they did the last time they had been to Lotte World. Not that they noticed, anyway. Sungjong and Myungsoo took the exact same rides, their expressions didn’t change, and Myungsoo was still gaga over the ordinary ramen noodles, with Sungjong laughing at the side.

 

Really, god must be fast forwarding the time because there they were again, in a blink of an eye, sitting in a compartment of the Ferris wheel, both staring out of the glass window as they awaited the midnight fireworks to begin.

 

BAM!!!

 

“Uwoohhhh~” They both said in synchronisation. The stunning view took their breath away once again. Sungjong recalled how the previous time they had been here ended, with Myungsoo presenting him a ring.

 

A ring he would need to return in three days time.

 

The thought of that broke Sungjong’s heart into a million pieces. Really, who would have thought that out of so many people he could have fallen in love with, he fell in love with the famous Kingka of Woollim Academy, someone who lived in a completely different world from him, the person Sungjong thought would be the last person he would ever fall in love him…

 

What he didn’t know, is that the person who sat right next time to him, had the exact same thoughts as well.

 

But then, Myungsoo’s bold act next shocked the both of them, but none spoke as they wanted the moment to last.

 

Myungsoo intertwined his fingers with Sungjong’s.

 

Yet Sungjong didn’t pull away.They held each other’s hands tightly, as they watched the fireworks in silence, savouring the last few beautiful moments they could have with each other… Their hearts calling out to the other without words.

 

But then everything came crashing down, too soon.

 

Sungjong finally understood why Myungsoo suddenly had to leave him behind after the Ferris wheel ride the night before after receiving a text, hurrying off because he had some ‘important matters’ to handle. Sungjong finally understood how stupid he was to hang on to a love that was impossible. He finally understood, as he stared back and forth at Myungsoo and Gyuri among the crowd of students, as the ecstatic Queenka finally announced that L and she were officially dating. There was a mixture of squeals and groans and suspicious whispers, as Sungjong heard his name being muttered and people who stood around him were giving him accusing glares and dirty looks.  The official news of Myungsoo and Gyuri dating only planted an impression on every student now: The rumour of Sungjong forcing L to marry him was true. But Sungjong didn’t care about that, not when his heart was already hurting so much.

 

Myungsoo couldn’t say anything. He just couldn’t bring himself to object to Gyuri’s suggestion of announcing their relationship in school, when the girl was in all tears and a penknife dangerously close to her wrist as she bawled over how she felt Myungsoo was drifting away from her. But as he scanned through the crowd of students from the platform he was standing on with his solemn eyes, his eyes stopped at the one person he had wished so hard wouldn’t be here.

 

Sungjong.

 

L wanted to stop him so badly, as he watched the boy turned around and walked away, the student shunning him like he was a disease as he headed out of the crowd. Myungsoo wanted to run after him, pulled the boy into a deep kiss and never let him go.

 

But he couldn’t.

 

As Sungjong turned around a corner towards an empty hallway, since most of the school was gathered at the cafeteria platform, Sungjong leaned against the wall as he slid to the ground, bringing his knees up to his chest as he buried his face between his legs, muffling his sobs. He felt so alone, as he cried in the deserted hallway.

 

Sungjong never knew, that his first love, would also be his first heartbreak.

 

 

TBC...

 

 

A/N: ok, i have prepared myself for anyone who wants to throw stones at me for updating so so so so so freaking late. *JUST HURL THEM AT ME!!!!* I seriousl apologise!!!!! now that i am in my final year of secondary school, and i am going to be sitting for one of the most important major exams in the country at the end of the year, i really have no time to update!! but i know i can't just abandon my fic and you readers, so here is the long awaited update. *oh gad and my update just had to be angst* i promise to update whenever i am free, but i hope you guys can be patient with me alright? I don't know if i had lost any subscribers, but i do know i still gained some even though i took so long to update, SO I LOVE YOU ALL T-T *throws bunnies and candies* hope you enjoyed the update!