00:00AM

Falling In Love Wasn't Part Of The Contract

The two days after the night of Gyuri’s suicide drama, was truly the most frustrating 48 hours of Myungsoo’s life he had ever endured. Following the announcement of his relationship with Gyuri the next day, Sungjong was no longer within his reach or sight. He wasn’t able to catch him during school, only able to see him in class during lessons, but once class ends the nerd was nowhere to be seen. What was worse is that Sungjong was back to wearing that thick black spectacles of his, which Myungsoo had clearly told him not to a long time ago.

 

The only interaction they had was when Sungjong sent a simple text to him: “I’ll be sleeping over back at my own dorm for a while. Have a major project, need to be in full concentration to finish it.” Myungsoo texted back: “My house has a study room.” Sungjong replied, “It’s fine.” The rest of Myungsoo’s messages of persuasion were ignored as the other boy no longer replied back. Myungsoo swore he didn’t recall having any major project given by the teacher…

 

Not only Sungjong, but for some reason Gyuri was nowhere to be seen as well. But Myungsoo didn’t bother to ask her about her whereabouts, as she only sent a simple text message as well, “I’m gonna be busy these two days! So we can’t meet for now. Gonna miss you and Love you~”

 

His father was also not helping, at all. Hearing about his son going out with Gyuri officially, he could only shake his head. He didn’t ask for an explanation, only muttering, “Kids nowadays, their hearts change in a blink of an eye.” Patting his son on his shoulder, he added, “It’s a shame you and Sungjong and no longer together anymore, and I was starting to be attached to that young man.” L really wanted to scream.

 

On the morning of 2nd October 2012, L was awakened by the ringtone of his phone. Grumbling as he picked up the call, he yawned into the phone, hearing a soft giggle as he scratched his head.

 

“Oppa are you still asleep?! You are such a lazy pig! Anyways, I am finally free today oppa! Since it’s the weekend, let’s go out!!” Gyuri’s squeals manage to wake the still dazed Myungsoo up, as he mumbled in his just-awake-so-my-voice-is-deep tone , “Where to?”

 

“It’s a secret! I’ll see you at my house in an hour alright?” And as though Gyuri could see L’s nod in response, she hanged up. Myungsoo got himself ready, as his mind drifted off to Sungjong: was he still doing this… major project thing?

 

After Gyuri’s chauffeur dropped the off at the destination, Myungsoo stood in front of the large entrance, his mouth agape as Gyuri giggled gleefully as she stared at her boyfriend’s reaction. “The… Amusement Park?” He felt like he just experienced a moment of déjà vu. Gyuri dragged Myungsoo along as they entered Lotte World, with L still in a daze. Without the kingka noticing, Gyuri peeked at the sidewalk of the park, where a figure was hiding behind a tree. She smiled and gave a small thumb up, as the figure gave a ‘hwaiting!’  Hand action in return.

 

“Good luck…”The figure muttered.

 

L swore he felt like he went back to the past, when he first entered the amusement park with Sungjong. They sat on all the rides in the amusement park, and now they were even eating at the same ramen house where Sungjong and Myungsoo had dined at.

 

Myungsoo was unknowingly enjoying himself tremendously, smiling and grinning as they sat on each ride. Gyuri couldn’t be happier as she never seen her boyfriend that happy before. L had just finished his second bowl of ramen noodles, when the queenka pushed her half eaten bowl of noodles in front of him, “Here you can have mine if you want!” Myungsoo smiled back as he took her portion, loving the taste of these inexpensive yet mouth-watering noodles. He couldn’t help but grin as he recalled…

 

FLASHBACK:

 

“UWWWAHHH!! This is delicious!!” L drank the remaining soup in the bowl, rubbing his stomach in bliss. Sungjong, sitting just opposite him, stared wide eyed at the boy in front of him who had just finished his third bowl of ramen noodles while he was still at his first. The duo had decided to have their lunch after getting scared out of their wits at the haunted house, had a dizzy spin on the tea cups, played a few games at the game stalls and sat on the roller coaster for three times.

 

“You sure eat slowly. Need me to help you with that?” Myungsoo’s hand was slapped away as the stunned man recovered from his shock and prevented the kingka from stealing his food just in time.

 

FLASHBACK ENDS.

 

Soon night has fallen and it was close to midnight, yet Gyuri was still as hyper active as Sungjong when Myungsoo came to the park with him. “Let’s go on the Ferris wheel!!” Gyuri tugged on her boyfriend’s arm. L nodded, as he recalled the Ferris wheel… It was like a special place for him and Sungjong.

 

FLASH BACK:

 

Myungsoo intertwined his fingers with Sungjong’s.

 

Yet Sungjong didn’t pull away. They held each other’s hands tightly, as they watched the fireworks in silence, savouring the last few beautiful moments they could have with each other… Their hearts calling out to the other without words.

 

FLASHBACK ENDS.

 

Sungjong gazed at Myungsoo’s bedroom as he sat on the huge bed, every single piece of furniture, every single item of Myungsoo’s. He will really miss all of these. Wincing when he accidentally rubbed his arm against the blanket of the bed, Sungjong pulled on his sleeve to cover the bruises left on his arm. The bullies were smarter now, beating him at places where the bruise can’t be seen. He was glad that they did too, he wouldn’t want his hyungs to find out that the bullying had occurred once again after the Gyuri’s huge announcement. Seemed like everyone was convinced he was the one responsible for almost breaking the sweet couple up with a forced marriage.

 

Looking back at his huge pink suitcase by the door, Sungjong looked at his watch: 11:50PM. Taking another round around the room to make sure he left nothing behind, Sungjong finally made his way slowly towards Myungsoo’s desk. Opening the file that contained the contract and the cheque, the boy placed it on the table with a small note.

 

“I shall not take the cheque, since I have not fulfilled all the requirements of the contract. Thank you for everything. I wish you happiness. –Sungjong.”

 

Shakily, Sungjong took out the ring around his finger, placing it on the note. He sniffed, eyes getting blurry due to his tears which he held back.

 

3…

 

2…

 

1…

 

00:00AM

13th October 2012

 

“UWWWAAAHHHH!!!” Gyuri exclaimed as the beautiful fireworks lighted up the sky. Myungsoo stared out of the display window at the beautiful scene. Somehow he felt an extreme sense of grief, like a part of him died. He faked a smile when Gyuri turned back to look at him, their hands locked together as the duo stared out of the compartment they were in on the Ferris wheel.

 

Sungjong looked back into the bedroom once more. A tear rolled down his cheeks as he gave a slight smile and muttered his last word softly before he closed the door as he pulled his luggage along…

 

“Goodbye.”

 

 

TBC...

 

 

A/N: DONT WORRY THE FIC HASN'T ENDED YET!!!! wow i can't believe it, after not updating for so long, i had expected to lose subscribers, but instead I GAINED SUBS!!! woaaahhhh sobs *touched* I didn't intend to update because of my piling homework, but when i saw some of the comments on my fic asking me to update soon and that they love this fic alot, i was like "AWWWWWW~" and so, i put my ninja skills to work and sneak my computer away, typing furiously on the keyboard and POOF AN UPDATE!!! but dang it's full of angst eh? what a great... comeback LOL. SPEAKING OF COMEBACKS, AFUSHFLIUSHFISUFBSIF!!!!! B.A.P 'POWER' OH MY GADDDDD!!!! I'VE LOST COUNT OF HOW MANY TIMES I WATCHED THEIR MV!!!! i've pre-ordered their album, cant wait for it to arrive when they release it on 1ST MAY!!!! 8D 8D anways, HOPE YOU GUYS ENJOYED THE UPDATE AND LOVE LOVE LOVE YOU ALL!!!! *heart sign*