Contract of 2nd Engagement

Falling In Love Wasn't Part Of The Contract

“…What?” Sungjong was stumped.

 

“Your signa-“

 

“I heard you the first time!!” Sungjong cut off Myungsoo’s words with a snide remark, “What I meant to say was, are you freaking kidding me?” Sungjong fling the contract towards the kingka, who caught it swiftly in the air. Sungjong stood up abruptly and slung his bag over his shoulders, walking towards the shelves to drop off the novel he was reading before he was absurdly interrupted.

 

Shoving the novel back into the shelves, Sungjong turned around; only to lean against the bookshelf when he noticed he was trapped between L’s arms on either side of his head.

 

“W-what do you want from me.” Sungjong’s confidence withered at the close proximity with the other. He avoided Myungsoo’s gaze, pressing himself further against the shelf when he felt the other boy moved closer to him.

 

Myungsoo smirked at the shorter boy’s reaction. Now he was finally on par with the other.

 

L inched his face closer to Sungjong’s, whose eyes widened and was staring at the floor. The kingka only stopped closing the distance between them when he was able to feel the haggard fast breaths from Sungjong against his face.

 

“I did voice my request clearly just a few moments ago, Lee Sungjong.” Myungsoo raised the contract in front of the other boy’s face once again, “Your signature, on this.”

 

“I thought it was made clear that we keep out of each other’s way when the first contract ended.” Sungjong rebutted.

 

“Does it look like I have any intentions on following that through?” L replied simply. Sungjong’s glare was back, but the sigh that escaped the boy’s lips told Myungsoo that he had won. Sungjong would do anything to get out of the compromising position they were in now.

 

Snatching the file from the kingka’s grasp, Sungjong stalked off towards one of the study tables in the library. Unknowingly letting out a sigh of relief after as he left the space between the stuffy bookshelves.

 

“I am just going to read this; it doesn’t mean I will sign anything.” Sungjong said through his gritted teeth when he heard the click of the pen again as Myungsoo settled on the chair opposite him. Flipping open the file with slightly trembling hands, Sungjong read through the newly written contract.

 


 

CONTRACT OF 2nd ENGAGEMENT

Lee Sungjong and Kim Myungsoo

Officially engaged as of today, 5th January 2012

Engagement to be dismissed officially on the 5th June 2012 (further elaboration on page 4)

Lee Sungjong to receive contract payment of: 1,000,000,000 KRW upon completition of contract

 

Terms of contract:

1. Either party are allowed to announce the geniune truth behind this Engagement.

2. Either party are to share their property between each other.

3. Either party are to involve own personal emotions/feelings in this engagement.

If the above terms are to be violated, the contract will be immediately terminated.

 

Upon Contract Completion, both parties are to vow never to be in interaction or have any obligations with each other. (For further elaboration on Contract Completion procedure, please proceed to page 16)

 


 

 

“What the… What difference is there from the first contract?” Sungjong muttered as he scanned through the contract as everything seemed pretty much the same. Except the fact that the contract only last for half a year instead of one, and the money given to him was thousand times more than the previous payment he was offered. Closing the contract after scanning through the first page, Sungjong stared up at the kingka in disbelief.

 

“The reason behind this contract is because I want to get out of my relationship with Gyuri.” Myungsoo explained before Sungjong could utter a word.

 

Feeling that he should elaborate more as he watched the other boy’s utterly stunned reaction to his words, L continued, “Truthfully, I already no longer have feelings for her. But Gyuri has a… unique personality. She will not take it well if I broke up with her because I don’t feel anything for her. So I rather let her think I had to break off with her because of an arranged marriage.”

 

“But why me? AGAIN?! Have I not been toyed by you enough?! And mind you, I am now known as the boy who forced you into an arranged marriage!” Sungjong pushed the file away from him and stood up to take his leave. Myungsoo followed and grabbed the other boy’s wrist, turning him around to face me. “Don’t the money entice you? Plus this contract doesn’t even last for a year. And does it look like I give a damn about what others think?” Sungjong pulled his hand out of the taller’s grip, his heart aching as he recalled what he had went through for the past year.

 

Sungjong hissed back at the kingka, “I am not going through with this again.”

 

Myungsoo’s bold move of wrapping his arm around Sungjong’s waist caused the boy’s confidence to break apart as Sungjong felt his face heat up. “Then I won’t leave you alone, until you agree.” Sungjong bit his lip as he shivered under L’s touch. Why was the boy being like that?

 

“Please. I promise you, this time, you won’t get hurt.” The words struck Sungjong dead on. Looking up at the kingka sceptically, Sungjong was shocked to see the overwhelming amount of sincerity in the other’s eyes. He felt assured, and he felt like L really needed his help.

 

Sungjong sighed. “Fine.”

 

L grinned so widely as he settled the file back on the table, passing the pen over to the other boy as Sungjong dragged himself towards the deadly contract. “BUT! I am not moving in with you, do you understand? And I get to tell both Hoya AND Sungyeol about this contract!” Sungjong named his conditions before the pen could even touch the paper.

 

Myungsoo grind his teeth together as he frowned at the conditions. But he was so close to achieving his plan. He won’t give up now. L nodded his head and tried everything in his power not to jump around the library as he watched Sungjong pen his signature down on the line at the bottom of his contract, beside his.

 

Sungjong left hurriedly after signing the contract, ignoring Myungsoo’s farewell on the way. As Myungsoo watch his now-once-again fiancé disappear out of sight, he sniggered as he flipped through the contract left on the table. While silently praising himself and his superb acting skills, L couldn’t stop himself from mumbling out his words.

 

“Ahhh Sungjong, Sungjong, Sungjong, my love…”

 

“You should really learn how to read contracts properly, especially small italic fonts. And you really should learn to read more than just the front page of a contract.”

 

 

TBC...

 

 

A/N: MISS ME? ;) My comeback update, YESH GUYS I AM FINALLY BACKKKK!!!!! Major exams are almost over except for my multiple choice papers which is in a few days time. I AM FINALLY FREE!!!!!~ Sorry that you guys waited forever for this! I had tons of comments and wall posts on readers who want me to update soon, i felt so loved by you all TT~TT *throws confetti for wonderful readers* P.S in case you wanna know more about me, other than writing fanfics, i also do song covers :P My latest was STOP IT by B.A.P (i love them so much). Also, i am holding collab auditions on my channel such as INFINITE'S THE CHASER, etc. so if you are a reader and also a youtube kpop cover singer, do audition for my collabs! ^^ LOVE YOU ALLLLLLL!!!~ DO COMMENT AND SUB!!