'Promise'

Falling In Love Wasn't Part Of The Contract

Myungsoo gritted his teeth as he saw the amount of bruises on Sungjong’s body as the school nurse in the infirmary attended to the unconscious boy’s wounds. His fists tightened till his knuckles turned white when he overheard the Nurse’s soft mumbling about how some bruises had already been a few days old. Even before the contract ended, Sungjong had already been suffering from such student abuse?! L had never felt more useless than now.

 

As the Nurse excuse herself to file in some paper documents and writing an excuse letter for Sungjong and Myungsoo for the lesson they were currently missing, the kingka settled himself on the chair beside the bed where Sungjong lay, gazing at the face he had not seen for the past few days.

 

Even when he was so badly beaten up, Sungjong stubbornly refused to even acknowledge Myungsoo’s help, exactly how was he going to get Sungjong back? Myungsoo thought.

 

“What are you doing here?” Myungsoo had been so deep in thought he had not noticed how Sungjong had squirmed under the blanket, opening his eyes and now staring at him with a frown.

 

“I brought you here.” L replied as he pulled his chair closer to the bed, reaching out to caress the bruise that was on his arm.

 

“I know. Why are you STILL here, Kim Myungsoo?” Sungjong snapped back, brushing away the kingka’s hand. L was shocked and hurt by Sungjong’s treatment to him, it was a total 180 degree change from the Sungjong he knew. It was like back to when they first met, when they were still strangers.

 

The duo was interrupted when the Nurse returned with the excuse letters and ushering them back to class, while assuring Sungjong that the bullying will be taken under control. Sungjong fastened his pace, ignoring the kingka’s shouts to ask him to slow down since he was still hurt. Just as they were about to reach their classroom, Sungjong stopped abruptly, causing Myungsoo to pause in his tracks as well behind him. Without turning back, Sungjong said just loud enough for the kingka to hear.

 

Upon Contract Completion, both parties are to vow never to be in interaction or have any obligations with each other,” Sungjong repeated word for word as quoted from the contract, “Don’t break your promise.” Sungjong said as he glanced at Myungsoo before opening the door to their classroom.

 

L clenched his fists tightly. Even though he knew what Sungjong said was right, he just can’t help but feel hurt by the smaller boy’s words still. But he wasn’t going to back down so easily. He was Kim Myungsoo, for god’s sake.

 

Sungjong wanted to cry. He was so confused, so annoyed, yet enjoying the fact that Myungsoo was practically gluing himself to him for the past week after the end of their contract. The bullying had stopped, even though there were still some glares thrown at him, no one dared to lay a hand on Sungjong anymore. It was heard that the bullies suffered quite a harsh punishment from the school, and the fact that Myungsoo was throwing back glares from behind Sungjong.

 

He couldn’t understand why the kingka seemed to be going back on his words, and yet still very much attached to Gyuri since the Queenka was still bubbly and latching herself to Myungsoo’s arm during lunch at the ‘Popular’ table.

 

Not that Sungjong was paying any attention to L.

 

Myungsoo frowned as he saw how Sungyeol slung his arm around Sungjong’s neck, playing choking the boy while ruffling his hair. Knowing that Sungjong had most likely moved back to his previous dorm, L can’t imagine the nights Sungjong spent with Sungyeol and Hoya. Without him.

 

Myungsoo decided he had to act fast.

 

Sungjong settled on the comfiest sofa on the second level of the school library, starting to read the new novel he had picked from the shelves. Sungyeol and Hoya were going to hang out with Dongwoo at the dance studio, and Sungjong didn’t want to return to the empty dorm so soon after school. The library was nice and quiet, with everyone most likely back home or in the dorms since it was a Friday evening.

 

Plomp.

 

Feeling a tap on his shoulder, Sungjong looked up from his book in annoyance. Who was it that interrupted his time al-

 

Kim Myungsoo.

 

Sungjong went back to his normal, treating the other boy non-existent, while ignoring the loud thumping noise his heart was making.

 

“YAH, Lee Sungjong.” L’s cocky tone was back again, causing Sungjong to roll his eyes. Flipping a page of the novel while pretending as though he had not heard anything, the shorter male starting feeling a persistent number of pokes at his waist.

 

“What?! What the hell do you want from me?!” Sungjong finally burst. A loud croaky ‘SHHHHH!!’ that sounded like the librarian could be heard from the first level. A file was placed above the open book on Sungjong’s lap, and a click of pen before L held out a ball point pen to the other.

 

“Your signature, on this.”

 

Sungjong stared down on the clear folder, reading the large bolded words printed on the first page.

 

CONTRACT OF 2nd ENGAGEMENT

 

What. In. The. World.

 

 

TBC...

 

A/N: WOOOOOHOOOOOO AN UPDATEEEE!!!!~ i know, this took forever. but after much pestering from many comments of asking me to update, here it is. i know it is too short, but i am not suppose to update at all. *i am doing this secretly* i hope you guys are still satisfied by it!!! i am so happy that there are many of you who like this fic so much!!! TT^TT *cries of happiness* but i have BAD NEWS now: i can't update till mid nov. because that is only when my major national exams end. i am so sorry! i will try to squeeze in an update or two if i have the time, but really, no promises!!! please continue loving this nevertheless and dont give up on me and this fic!! >~< LOVE YOU ALLL!!!!~ PLEASE COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE!!!