Not Going Your Way

Falling In Love Wasn't Part Of The Contract

Gyuri held onto Myungsoo’s arm as they walked along the pathway of the amusement park, now with considerably less people judging at the time. She was chatting happily non-stop, reminiscing about their fun day. Myungsoo still couldn’t get the horrible nagging feeling out of his chest, he felt kind of hard to breathe.

 

“This is really the best date we have ever had! I must really thank Sungjong for planning this-“ Gyuri clasped a hand over as she realised she had accidentally blabbed out something she had promised she wouldn’t.

 

“Sungjong… planned this???” Myungsoo stopped in his tracks as he looked at Gyuri in utter disbelief. Gyuri nodded her head and quickly replied, “He didn’t want me to let you know, so please pretend you don’t, ok?”

 

L kept silent as he processed through everything that had been going on in his head. Snapping his head towards Gyuri as he asked her urgently, “What is the date today?!”

 

Shocked by her boyfriend’s sudden reaction, the queenka fumbled as she frantically took out her phone in her bag. “Since it is past midnight now… it is the 13th October. Why-“ Before she could even finish her question, L had interrupted her. His face solemn, Myungsoo muttered a soft “Sorry” before he pulled away from Gyuri’s grasp and ran towards the amusement park gates, leaving the utterly confused girl behind.

 

Slamming open his bedroom door, ignoring how hard he was panting after running from the amusement park all the way back to his house, L wiped away the beads of perspiring falling non-stop down his face as he scanned his room. He pulled open his wardrobe to see Sungjong’s pink suitcase no longer there, the room erased of any trace that there had been another occupant that stayed in this room other than the kingka.

 

“Is this your way of saying goodbye?!” Myungsoo yelled at no one.

 

L ran to his desk when he spotted something left behind. Scanning through the note Sungjong had left, Myungsoo scrunched it up as he slammed it back down on the table. He fling the file to the corner of the room as he fell onto his chair, his fingers tightly wrapped around the silver ring in his palm.

 

“I shall not take the cheque, since I have not fulfilled all the requirements of the contract. Thank you for everything. I wish you happiness. –Sungjong.”

 

The kingka sat back up properly as he thought through the words Sungjong had written. He broke one of the requirements?

 

1.    Neither party are allowed to announce the geniune truth behind this Engagement.

 

 

Sungjong hadn’t broken that, if he did, the school would have fallen into chaos. He was sure even the Sungyeol guy didn’t know about this fake engagement.

 

2.    Neither party are to share their property between each other.

 

Now this was one Sungjong obviously never broke. Not once had he ever asked for anything from Myungsoo, they didn’t even share clothes, let alone other more luxurious items.

 

3.    Neither party are to involve own personal emotions/feelings in this engagement.

 

Could it be?...

 

Suddenly everything seemed to click. L looked at the ring in his hand. Clutching in tighter than before, Myungsoo muttered softly to himself. He didn’t care about that stupid contract any longer, what Upon Contract Completion, both parties are to vow never to be in interaction or have any obligations with each other, he is not gonna give a crap about it anymore.

 

“I am gonna get you back, Lee Sungjong.”

 

Sungjong pushed his black framed spectacles up his nose as he walked across the school hallway, eyes on the ground, trying his best to ignore the glares and whispers that surrounded him. He bought a new pair of spectacles the moment he left Myungsoo’s house the day before; he was back to where he had started: A life without Kim Myungsoo. He was back staying at his dorm room, Sungyeol being pleasantly surprised while Hoya had already prepared for his arrival since he knew about the contract completion. Things are finally back to normal, how it was supposed to be. For Sungjong, for Myungsoo, for everyone.

 

Or not.

 

Sungjong decided that reaching school early before lesson starts was a horrible idea, as he groaned out in pain when he was pushed against the wall. Sliding down to the floor as he felt kicks at his stomach, several nasty pinches at his thighs. The girls cackled, making sure not to hit anywhere else that was not covered by the uniform. Sungjong took it in in silence, his tears trained to be held back.

 

“No more Lee Sungyeol to protect you huh?! You !” The girl who was beaten by Sungyeol hyung the last time they bullied Sungjong shrieked as she pulled on Sungjong’s hair and fling his head against the wall. Sungjong felt as though his brain as about to explode as he gagged, forcing the blood that threatened to spill out of his mouth back into his throat. His vision was getting blurry as he saw spots of black, he really had to learn to get used to this.

 

“WHAT THE HELL DO YOU STUPID S THINK YOU ARE DOING?!?!” A voice boomed and the next thing Sungjong heard was girls shrieking and the sound of people falling to the ground. Sungjong squinted slightly, trying to clear his vision as he saw all the bullies cowering on the floor, holding their stomachs as they had crocodile tears in their eyes.

 

“Wae oppa?? Why are you protecting him?!” One of the girls whimpered.

 

“Shut you trap, b*tch.” Sungjong knew that voice, as he felt arms wrapping around him. Even though he was weak, he still tried to push himself out of the other’s embrace when his saviour picked him up. “Why didn’t you tell me this was happening?!” Myungsoo yelled. Sungjong ignored the question as he successfully got out of the other’s arms, Sungjong stumbled as he grabbed for his bag that lay on the floor, limping as he walked off.

 

A hand wrapped around his wrist as the boy pulled him back, “You’re hurt!!” Sungjong pulled his arms away, “None of your business, leave me alone.” Sungjong swayed as his legs suddenly gave way, falling to the ground as he clutched his head which was throbbing in pain.

 

“Lee Sungjong!! YAH!!” Sungjong remembered feeling the arms around him again before he out.

 

 

TBC...

 

 

A/N: i know, just brick me. /bricked. sorry it took me so long to update!!! it is just that 1. 3 out of 4 of my holiday weeks had been spent studying in school, 2. writer's block, 3. procrastination - writing one para and suddenly i am on the couch munching on chips. at least the chapter update is satisfactory? (i hope) anyways as long as there is still one of you out there who still love me despite my snail-slow update, i am happy T____T please still comment and sub!! scold me if you want >< P.S i became a EXOtic not long ago, and i absolutely ship HUNHAN. Check out my new fic i created for them > Into Your World