A Rival In Disguise?

Falling In Love Wasn't Part Of The Contract

Even though Sungyeol and Hoya were irritating the hell out of Sungjong, he was glad that they insisted on accompanying him to school and along the hallways to his locker and classroom. Not only did he avoid getting bothered by schoolmates who still hadn't gotten over the dramatic event the day before, but also being able to avoid Myungsoo for now.

 

But he knew that he could never escape from him during class. Sungjong dreaded that as Hoya and Sungyeol bid him goodbye, with Sungyeol telling him sternly that he wasn't allowed to leave the classroom during break until he were there to pick him up. Sungjong peeked carefully into the classroom, trying to see if the kingka was already there, while making sure his classmates are busying themselves so he could sneak in unnoticed.

 

Sungjong's plan, however, failed miserably before it could even begin. Letting out a yelp which gain everyone's attention in the classroom, Sungjong stared back in horror at the person who had his arms around his waist. Myungsoo smirked at him, tightening his grip as he whispered, “Looking for me?” Squeals and murmurs erupted in the classroom as Sungjong tore himself out of Myungsoo's arms, straightening his uniform and clambering towards his seat. Sungjong could only cursed in his head silently after remembering that his fiance was his desk mate when he saw the boy walking towards him.

 

Moving his chair to the edge of the table as far away as possible from the kingka sitting next to him, Sungjong buried his head into his textbook, ignoring the burning gaze he could feel on him from the boy beside him.

 

“Can you please pay attention at the white board for once?” Sungjong finally responded to the kingka after thirty minutes into the lesson. He couldn’t take it anymore, with all the staring from the boy next to him ever since lessons had started, along with many other pairs of eyes in the classroom. Myungsoo shook his head childishly and grinned, as he continued to gaze at the boy. The teacher could only cough to direct the class’s attention back to him.

 

Sungjong could feel his face turning red as he felt the close proximity between them. Flashes of the events that happened the day before caused the boy to turn even redder, ignoring the chuckles coming from the male beside who obviously noticed his blushing cheeks.

 

Just five months… Just five months… Sungjong repeated in his head as he waited desperately for the lesson to end. He was suddenly glad that Sungyeol insisted to wait for him after every class to accompany him in the hallways. Sungjong squealed slightly when the bell rang, packing up his things in a speed of light and running out of the classroom, bumping right into Sungyeol who seemed to have dashed his away over to his class as well.

 

“Sungjongie!! Are you safe?” Sungyeol wrapped his arms around his petite roommate, only to have the boy be pulled out of his embrace as L stood in between them, coolly replying, “Don’t touch my fiancé.” Sungyeol furrowed his eyebrows as he reached for Sungjong’s hand, and pulled him along down the hallway. Sungjong could only stumble after, shocked by the Sungyeol’s fierceness. Myungsoo growled under his breath.

 

He is starting to show his true feelings huh.

 

Sungjong peeked at Sungyeol’s face as they strolled down the hallway. He had never seen Sungyeol fume like that. He thought something was off when Sungyeol’s smile and laughter had seemed forced these few days, but now his suspicions were confirmed.

 

“Hyung, is there something wrong?” Sungjong asked softly. Sungyeol only tightened his grasp on Sungjong’s hand, making the younger realised that they were still holding hands despite the kingka had already been left behind. Silence remained as they headed to Sungjong’s next classroom venue.

 

Sungyeol was seemingly back to normal during lunch, as he started teasing Sungjong again and irritating the hell out of Hoya. But Sungjong could still sense a hint of solemnness from him. Deciding to not probe any further in case Sungyeol loses his currently happy mood, Sungjong responded back to his teases like how he always do. Myungsoo somehow was mysteriously nowhere in the cafeteria, much to the students’ dismay as they look around, hoping to spot their kingka. But to Sungjong, it was a huge relief.

 

Sungyeol ran into the dorm and fell back onto his bed the moment he unlocked the door, yelling out “I’M SO TIRED!!!!” Sungjong followed in after him, locking the door and placing his bag down, getting out his homework that he was going to complete that night. Hoya was away to spend the night over at Dongwoo’s house to complete a class project.

 

As Sungjong settled down in front of his desk, Sungyeol’s voice caused him to turn around in his chair to face him, “Hey Jongie, do you still love Kim Myungsoo?” Sungjong stared, stunned, at his roommate who was staring at the ceiling. The hint of sadness now seemed more evident in the other’s eyes. How was he going to answer to that?

 

“Will you be able to love someone else other than him?” Sungyeol now sat up, looking at the boy in the eyes. Silence filled the room, and Sungjong was starting to feel uncomfortable by Sungyeol’s gaze. There was something different reflecting in his eyes that he couldn’t quite make out. Just as Sungjong opened his mouth to reply, the dorm door was unlocked.

 

Kim Myungsoo stared at the two occupants, his mood slightly dampened to see Sungyeol present. Both men were shocked by the kingka’s entrance, but before either of them could speak, L answered their thoughts. “You left your dorm key in class just now, Jongie. So I made a copy of it during break, and drop of yours here.” He placed Sungjong’s key by the table beside the door, as the boy frantically searched his bag and realised the latter was speaking the truth.

 

“You made a copy?! How could you?!” Sungjong shrieked, completely forgetting about the awkward moment that was happening before. Myungsoo smirked and patted his pocket, “Either party are to share their property between each other.” Sungjong groaned in frustration, not noticing Sungyeol had abruptly stood up and grabbed his jacket, heading for the door.

 

“I am going out for a drink. Don’t wait for me.” Sungyeol uttered before stalking out of the dorm. Sungjong was stunned by his once bubbly roommate’s actions. Myungsoo only kept quiet and proceeded to sit by Sungjong’s desk and accompany the boy for the night.

 

Sungjong stared at the clock in darkness from his bed. It was 1am, 5 hours since Sungyeol left, and he was still not back yet. Sungjong managed to chase a reluctant Myungsoo home by threatening to scream . The boy snuggled into his sheets as he waited worriedly for his roommate.

 

Hearing the sound of keys unlocking the dorm door, Sungjong bounced off the bed and headed frantically to the door. “Sungyeol hyung!! Finally!! I was so worried about you.” Sungjong stared up at the worn out looking man in front of him, whose eyes seemed darkened, and could only stare back at the petite other.

 

Sungjong was suddenly pulled into an embrace, falling backwards onto the cold floor as he couldn’t handle the weight thrown at him. Sungjong squealed as he felt Sungyeol’s hug tightened around him, and the male had his nose buried in his neck.

 

Sungyeol’s groggy, (clearly drunk) voice resounded throughout the room.

 

“Sungjong, I love you.”

 

 

TBC...

 

A/N: .... ehm *cough cough* hi readers, i am back. PLEASE DONT KILL MEEEEEE. I know i know it has been.... months. but i am really busy after joining my new junior college, and i just finished my mid year exams! and i had holiday job at the end of last year so... thus my dissapearance for so long. PLEASE FORGIVE MEEEE!!! but i am soooo touched that there are so many of you who love my fics! i was motivated after reading ALL the comments, I never knew there are some of you out there that love my fics sooo much !! OMG I HAVE FANS. FANS. OMG. i may not be able to update often, but please continue supporting me and loving my fics *throw candies and love* LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH!!!! <3