The Session In The Music Room

Falling In Love Wasn't Part Of The Contract

The next few weeks were awkward between Sungjong and Myungsoo. The rumour in school regarding Sungjong’s and Myungsoo’s engagement had become official when the ‘couple’ returned after the weekend with couple rings. Sungjong wore it on his finger, while Myungsoo had it on a chain around his neck. But due to Myungsoo and his friends’ constant supervision, Sungjong hadn’t been bullied or hurt by anyone, yet. Gyuri seemed more down but she assured Sungjong that she knew he wasn’t responsible for the rings as Myungsoo had explained the situation to her.

 

In secret, both boys were still trying to get over the tremendous shock of having found out their own feelings for each other. Who in the world would have thought they would become attracted to the other who was of complete opposite of themselves? And of course they wouldn’t dare to mention a thing about these feelings. Not when they think that they are the one responsible for breaking the most important rule in the contract, completely unaware that the other had actually already broken the rule as well.

 

They didn’t want to part ways that early, no, not yet.

 

“Are you hiding something from me?” Sungyeol’s words caused his dongsaeng to choke on the rice he was eating during lunch one day. Hoya and the rest sitting at the table all turned and inspected Sungjong, trying to find something peculiar about Sungjong’s behaviour that will cause Sungyeol to ask such a question.

 

“W-what? No I am not, hyung!!” Sungjong wailed, the rest of his friends all turning back to mind their own business. Knowing Sungyeol for only a few weeks, the man was not like what he seemed to be. Once you get Sungyeol suspicious, he would push you to the edge till you give in to whatever he thinks is the truth. And none of them wanted to be involved in this. Sorry, Sungjong.

 

Sungjong’s slight peek towards the other side of the cafeteria while denying did not escape under Sungyeol’s sharp gaze, turning to see what he was looking at, he rolled his eyes when he realised what his dongsaeng had stolen a glance at. Sungjong was stuffing the mash potatoes on his plate into his mouth, as though busying himself so he wouldn’t need to answer anymore of Sungyeol’s questions.

 

“Did that Myungsoo kid do something to you?” Sungjong choked for the second time that day at Sungyeol’s question. Shaking his head frantically, Sungyeol could only chuckle at how adorable the boy looked. Sigh, Sungyeol thought, forget it, he will just let him off this time.

 

“Arasso, arasso. Yah you are so messy when you eat!!” Sungyeol reached out to wipe away the mash potato on the side of Sungjong’s lips, it off his finger with his tongue. Sungjong’s eyes widened and yelled, “H-hyung!!! Why did you do that?!?!” Sungyeol looked at Sungjong as though what he did were what people usually do.

 

What the two guys didn’t notice was the equally shocked kingka who was sitting at the other end of the lunch room witnessing the incident that just occurred. What the crap was the choding senior doing to Sungjong?! He didn’t like it. Not one bit.

 

Sungjong laid his head on his desk after finishing up with his cleaning duty that day. He had managed to convince Sungyeol and Hoya to leave first after school and that he didn’t need to be accompanied to Myungsoo’s house. Sungyeol complained once again about how he didn’t see the reason why Sungjong needed to live with L, it was not like they were ALREADY married.

 

Aish, really, what was wrong with himself?! He had been acting so strange ever since the Ferris Wheel incident that even he noticed it himself, and so was Myungsoo. Sungjong trudged along the hallway with his school bag hanging lazily on his shoulder, ignoring the gazes he was getting from the other students who seemed to be heading home as well. Ever since the rumour, everyone knew who Lee Sungjong was, and to add on to his new ‘no spectacles’ image, Sungjong was even more recognised. Who would have thought that such a cute innocent face was hidden behind those thick black glasses?

 

“And Can U Smile~”

 

Sungjong stopped in his tracks. He heard the melodious voice singing the lyrics of his favourite song, and the soft strumming of the guitar. He recalled this song being Myungsoo’s ringtone as well, but he didn’t tell the kingka it was his own personal favourite song.

 

Sungjong traced back his steps till he face a door that lead to the music room, very sure that the source of music was coming from within. Turning the knob slowly, the boy poked his head into the room, gasping when he saw the person he least expected to find: Kim Myungsoo.

 

L immediately looked up the moment he heard a faint gasp, surprised to see Sungjong at the door. The other boy, gulped after being caught, made his way into the room, his eyes on the floor.

 

“I-I didn’t know you know how to play the guitar, and sing as well.” Sungjong said as a greeting, looking up slightly but not staring into the other’s eyes.

 

“There are a lot of things you don’t know about me.” Myungsoo shrugged, strumming the guitar strings lazily.

 

“W-well then I should start knowing you better now!! Since we are going to be with each other for more than half a year more.” Sungjong added in the last sentence so as to make it seem less weird, while shuffling his feet. The kingka chuckled at the child-like behaviour. The mood had lightened up, and there wasn’t an air of awkwardness around them anymore. It was like as though the past few weeks had never happened before.

 

“Okay, well firstly, the song I was just singing is my favourite song.”

 

“REALLY?! It is my favourite song too!!!” Sungjong squealed, Myungsoo raising his eyebrows in surprise at the coincidence. L patted on the empty chair beside him, Sungjong bounded towards it and waiting impatiently for L to start playing the song on his guitar again.

 

aju orae jeon neoreul boatdeon~
geu neukkimeul gieokhe nan~
neoreul alatdeon nareul alatdeon~
geu shijeoli saenggakna~

neoreul dalmgo shipdeon eouligo shipdeon~
ganjeolhaesdeon shiganeul~
nan dashi saenggakhae~

 

 

Myungsoo’s voice filled the room, and Sungjong closed his eyes to enjoy the beautiful music. Then he joined in:

 

da jinagan hannat chueok bboningeol~

 

Myungsoo was stunned initially but smiled soon after when he heard Sungjong singing along with him as well. He never knew Sungjong had such wonderful vocals as well. It calmed L’s heart.

 

And, Can you smile?~
niga weonhajana~
niga barajanha~
nae mam maneuroneun~
neol jabeul suga obtneungabwa~
And, Can you smile?~
nega galajanha~
nan gwenchanhdajeonha~
majimak neoege~
nan igeot bakken mot junabwa~

 

Both Myungsoo and Sungjong never felt happier. It was such a beautiful moment. They had unconsciously been missing each other’s accompany; and now both of them could only wish for time to stop at that moment forever. Myungsoo had never felt so open to anyone before; he had never sung in front of anyone in his life, not even to Gyuri. But somehow he didn’t hide or stop singing when Sungjong appeared. Instead, he wanted to sing more, with him. And Sungjong never knew how much he didn’t know about the kingka. Myungsoo wasn’t just all about looks. From what Sungjong was looking at now in front of him, L seemed like a completely different person. He was smiling like a gentleman, he was like an angel.

 

I… I think I really have fallen for him.

 

But I can’t let him find out. Both Myungsoo and Sungjong thought.

 

 

TBC...

 

 

A/N: WAS THIS CHAPTER GOOD?!?! is it crappy? I hope i didn't disappoint you >< LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR WAITING PATIENTLY!!!!!! <33 ooh and i wanna share with you something: Crazy by Teen Top SONG COVER it is my newest song cover >< I hope you can check it out and leave me comments cos i wanna have opinions on my cover, or like it if you like it! sorry if i spoiled your ears >< I also have several song covers for Infinite songs like: Cover Girl, Lately, Can U Smile, etc. So you can check out my youtube channel ^^ PLEASE LIKE/SUB/COMMENT ON MY FIC!!!<33 SARANGHAEYO!!!!~ *does heart sign*