Cafe Drama

Falling In Love Wasn't Part Of The Contract

Myungsoo watched in amusement as lay on his side of the bed, his hand propping up his head as he stared at the other boy hard at work. Sungjong was busy arranging the bolsters and pillows, building an obstruction right in the middle of L’s enormous bed, separating the both of them.

 

“Seriously?” Myungsoo laughed.

 

“I have a tendency to hug people who sleep beside me alright?! And the last thing I want to wake up to is your face right up close to mine!” Sungjong snapped as he took off his spectacles, placing it at the side table and turned back to snuggle into the blanket covers when he met with Myungsoo’s eyes again, who was staring at him in a completely different way.

 

No amused or smug expression. Just… captivated.

 

“W-what?!” Sungjong stammered, suddenly nervous at the way the other was staring at him. The kingka widened his eyes, as though finally realizing that he had been gazing at the younger man for a little too long, and slipped into the covers, turning so his back faced Sungjong, mumbling a soft “nothing.”

 

Sungjong gulped and shrugged his shoulders, turning away from Myungsoo and lying down on the soft bed. With a snap of L’s fingers, the bedroom light was turned off. A comfortable silence filled the room.

 

“Don’t wear your spectacles if you don’t need them. You look better without them.” Sungjong’s closed eyes flew open when he heard the comment uttered by the kingka, a blush creeping up his cheeks. Myungsoo knew “better” was an understatement,because the boy looked absolutely stunning without his geek specs. But Kim Myungsoo wasn’t going to admit that out loud.

 

Nothing more was said; and finally feeling the fatigue catching up with them, the duo drifted off to slumber.

 

Sungjong squint his eyes as he felt the sun shine through the windows. Snuggling into the warmth he assumed radiating from the sun, the young boy sighed happily. He never knew Myungsoo’s pillow was so warm and soft to hug. Well, his bed WAS of the best quality, so he shouldn’t be so surprised at that.

 

But when the pillow started moving, Sungjong knew something was off. Slowly opening his eyes, Sungjong’s eyes almost popped out as the first thing that greeted him was L’s face right up close to him, and the boy was glaring at him, wearing an obvious pissed-off pout.

 

“KKKKKKKYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!”

 

Sungjong lunged backwards, falling off the bed in the process, and Myungsoo mirrored his reaction as well. Two loud thuds caused by their collision to the floor echoed throughout the bedroom as both boys groaned while rubbing their butts.

 

“You were the one who hugged me and yet you still dare to scream right into my face?!?!” Myungsoo yelled back as the duo stood up shakily. Sungjong fumbled with his words, not knowing how to explain their previous position. He must have kicked the pillows he had used as an obstruction away last night while sleeping. Damn him and his stupid sleeping habits!

 

A knock on the door to announce that breakfast was ready saved the couple from their awkward situation, as the two of them changed into their clothes, one in the bathroom and the other in the bedroom of course, before heading down the stairs, neither daring to look at the other in the eyes.

 

Mr Kim was reading newspapers while sipping his cup of coffee, smiling at his son and Sungjong as they settled on the seats at the table. “Hope you two had a good sleep last night!” Mr Kim grinned at Sungjong, who forced a smile back, trying to forget the events that had happened earlier today.

 

“Oh? Are you heading off somewhere later?” Mr Kim asked as he noticed Sungjong’s attire: A plain white collar shirt matched with a black vest, and a pair of long black pants. Sungjong’s spectacles matched the outfit perfectly, giving off an innocent, cute vibe. The younger boy nodded as he munched on his butter toast, swallowing as he replied, “I have a part time job after school at a café. But on Saturdays my shift starts in the afternoon and on Sundays it is a full day.”

 

Mr Kim listened, amazed. “Wow, I have never seen someone so hardworking like you!” looking at Myungsoo at the same time, giving him an I-expect-you-to-be-like-that-too look; while his son just rolled his eyes in response.

 

“Well,” Mr Kim stood up and placed his napkin on the table, the maids rushing immediately to clear his plate, “I shall be heading off now. I just scheduled a meeting with my friend, to tell him about the cancellation of the arranged marriage between Myungsoo and his daughter.” L’s face lit up at Mr Kim’s words, smirking happily as he continued sipping on his creamy soup. Sungjong just kept quiet as he finished his cup of milk.

 

Sungjong dumped the dishes he had just collected into the sink, heading out to the coffee counter and propped his head on his hand as he sighed. He gazed at how Chunji and L.Joe, the other two waiters that worked with him in Infinite café, were busy taking orders and serving cups of coffee and plates of desserts. Feeling a knock on his head, Sungjong pouted as his boss handed him another order of coffee. C.A.P hyung may be the youngest man known to own a café, starting at the age of 19, but he was not snobby like how employers usually were and he also helped out at his café as well.

 

While smiling at his whipped cream creation on a hot cup of cappuccino, Sungjong rolled his eyes in annoyance as he passed the cup to Chunji, who smiled back while L.Joe sneakily gave a peck on Chunji’s cheek.

 

Ding! Sungjong looked up from the counter, ready to put on his bright smile and welcome another guest in, when his jaw could only drop when he saw Myungsoo strut into the café, with Gyuri by his side. It was the second time that day that Myungsoo had the same reaction as Sungjong again when the two men made eye contact.

 

Oh lord,Sungjong thought, what did I do to deserve this?

 

“You work here?!” Was the greeting the younger man got from L when he reluctantly walked to their table to take their order as the other waiters were busy. Sungjong cleared his throat, ignored L’s comment and smiled at Gyuri, asking what she would like. Scribbling down their order, Sungjong scuttled back to behind the counter and started brewing tea.

 

L.Joe whizzed to the counter to pass another order to Sungjong, raising his eyebrows in the process, “Who is that dude? He keeps looking at you with that shocked face of his.” Sungjong waved L.Joe off, “Just that irritating kingka I told you and Chunji about before.” The pink haired boy looked from Sungjong to Myungsoo then back to Sungjong again in surprise, giving his co-worker an are-you-freaking-serious look before he got shooed away by C.A.P who threatened the boy that he will deduct more of his pay if he was caught being a busybody one more time.

 

Ding!Sungjong looked up again; praying that who he saw next will not bring his day down, lower than it already was. The tall dark haired man, who had a sling bag on one shoulder while wearing a plain purple striped shirt and skinny jeans, stood by the entrance as he gazed right at Sungjong, grinning from ear to ear as he saluted childishly.

 

“Sungyeol hyung!”Sungjong cried out, whizzing pass the tables and ignoring the attention he was getting from the other customers. Grabbing onto the choding’s arm, the younger man pulled the other to the seat right in front of the counter, smiling like there was no tomorrow, babbling excitedly to the taller of the two. Sungyeol ruffled his dongsaeng’s hair, laughing as he heard the expected whine.

 

What the?...Myungsoo frowned at the sudden bubbly attitude radiating from the once gloomy male. He had never knew Sungjong could smile so brightly, and who the heck was that dude that Sungjong was falling all over?

 

Myungsoo pursed his lips.

 

He did not like that guy one bit.

 

 

TBC...

 

 

A/N: eeep sorry for late update!!! muahahahaha why myungsoo dislike sungyeol when he didn't even know him?? XD promise to update soon!!! :D and i can't believe i reached 60 subs!!!!  *sobs* LOVE YOU ALL!!!!!<333