Spending A Day With You

Falling In Love Wasn't Part Of The Contract

“The… Amusement park?” Myungsoo squinted under the blinding sun as he stared at the different rides that surrounded him. Sungjong was already at the ticketing booth to purchase their entry passes into the park. L yawned, scratching his head as he wondered why they had to be down at the park so early in the morning. Myungsoo thought Sungjong was going to pick a place like an expensive restaurant or an exclusive shopping spree. But spending the day at an amusement park? Intriguing.

 

Sungjong dragged a completely clueless kingka into the crowded amusement park. The boy had turned into an excited bunny as he started badgering L with questions like “Which ride should we go first?” and “I heard the roller coaster is really thrilling!” Myungsoo sniggered at the boy, who pouted and folded his arms impatiently as he waited for L’s replies.

 

Myungsoo shrugged his shoulders, “You decide. I’ve never been here before, so I don’t know.” L thought he just said something illegal, judging from the completely offended and distraught look on Sungjong’s face. Myungsoo stared back, equally shocked at the other’s reaction.

 

“What?”

 

“YOU’VE NEVER BEEN TO LOTTE WORLD?!” Sungjong’s loud shrill attracted more unwanted attention from the visitors around them, and Myungsoo thought the girls ogling at them were already enough. “I can’t believe you’ve never been to the most popular theme park in Korea, what kind of childhood do you h-“ Myungsoo clasped a hand over the struggling boy’s mouth, sighing as he replied in a whisper, “I may be rich, but I am not one who go out often, so don’t be so surprised.”

 

Sungjong kept silent immediately, his face turning unknowingly red at the closeness between them. Myungsoo must have noticed as he pulled away immediately, his face turned away although Sungjong thought he saw a slight blush on his cheeks. L coughed as he stuffed his hands into the pocket of his jacket, announcing, “Come on, the queues for the rides are getting long.”

 

Sungjong smiled brightly, “Okay!”

 

“UWWWAHHH!! This is delicious!!” L drank the remaining soup in the bowl, rubbing his stomach in bliss. Sungjong, sitting just opposite him, stared wide eyed at the boy in front of him who had just finished his third bowl of ramen noodles while he was still at his first. The duo had decided to have their lunch after getting scared out of their wits at the haunted house, had a dizzy spin on the tea cups, played a few games at the game stalls and sat on the roller coaster for three times.

 

“You sure eat slowly. Need me to help you with that?” Myungsoo’s hand was slapped away as the stunned man recovered from his shock and prevented the kingka from stealing his food just in time.

 

“You’ve never ate ramen noodles before?” Sungjong asked as he slurped his noodles, Myungsoo shaking his head in response. “Ha, no wonder. Rich people won’t eat commoners’ food.” L pouted in annoyance as he ordered another bowl, Sungjong dropping his chopsticks in surprise. What is L’s stomach!? A black hole?!

 

Myungsoo stared at his watch. 11.40pm. it was already this late and yet the queue for the Ferris wheel seemed longer than ever. It was a good thing they were at the front. Both Sungjong and L were already tired out from the events that day, and Myungsoo had to admit, this had been one of the happiest days of his life. He never had so much fun before, trying out all sorts of things he never did in the past. He finally tried corn in a cup at a vendor stall, got a small temporary tattoo of a beautiful font “L” on his wrist, caught the stunning view of the setting sun at the highest part of the amusement park; the huge balcony in one of the restaurants.

 

“Hey Sungjong, why not head home? It is really late now.” L poked the boy who seemed to be dozing off in front of him. Sungjong shook his head, cutely in L’s perspective (what the heck?! Myungsoo mentally slapped himself), and replied as he rubbed his eyes gently, “This, is a must see! Just wait a while more.”

 

When the duo settled in the small cable and the staff had closed the door securely, the ride began. “Uwoh!” Myungsoo looked out of the glass window, looking down at the bright city lights under the night sky. Sungjong smiled, his eyes shaped like the crescent moon, “This is not all~”

 

“Oh! I just remembered,” L rummaged through the pockets of his jeans, pulling out a small blue box, handing it to the confused boy, “Here.”

 

Sungjong gasped when he opened the small smooth box, which revealed a simple silver ring. Taking it out cautiously, Sungjong spotted the small engraved words on the inside of the ring:

 

“I love you.”

 

“These will be our couple rings, to make this fake relationship thing more convincing. I had them specially made a few days ago and just received them yesterday, so remember to wear it.” L explained, pulling out from around his neck a chain that held the exact same ring, except that it was slightly bigger. Somehow, Sungjong’s heart plummeted after hearing the explanation. Ha, what was he expecting? Myungsoo to confess?

 

Stupid, stupid Sungjong. Why are you feeling sad?

 

“Ah!” Sungjong pushed the thoughts away, glancing at his watch. 11.59pm. “Quick, Myungsoo hyung! Look out at the sky!” Hyung? Did Sungjong just called him hyung? L quickly looked at in the direction Sungjong was staring at, looking up at the dark sky as he waited…

 

BOOM!!~

 

The loud fireworks muted Myungsoo shouts of amazement, and Sungjong could only grin as they watched the beautiful fireworks of different colours lighting up the night sky. Beautiful. Absolutely stunning. The two men just gazed out at the splendid show, neither speaking a word. It was really the best moment, ever.

 

Wanting a slight glance at the boy beside him, Sungjong and Myungsoo turned away immediately upon eye contact. Both of them felt the heat reaching their cheeks, strange and weird thoughts once again floating through their heads.

 

Myungsoo swore the lights of the fireworks made Sungjong’s flawless face seemed to glow, and that smile that he had… It was one L can never forget even if he wanted to…

 

Sungjong couldn’t help but feel mesmerized that an amazed and excited Myungsoo could actually look so adorable… Myungsoo wasn’t someone without emotions after all…

 

Oh, the crap.

 

Sungjong: AM I FALLING IN LOVE WITH HIM!?

 

Myungsoo: AM I FALLING IN LOVE WITH HIM?!

 

 

TBC...

 

 

A/N: hehe an update!! sorry for taking so long >< but just to prepare you guys, i can't update as often!! hope this chappie wasn't too crappy >< please give lots of love/comments/subs to this ^^ oh, and i need more love for my other fic too T-T please!!~ The Angel Beside You i know this isn't a chunjoe or a myungjong fic, but i promise you a storyline you will love and you won't regret reading!! so hope you guys can check it out too ><... ok, although i watched it a long time ago, i shall spazz since i can now: "LATELY" MV WAS SO AWESOME I CAN'T TAKE IT!!!!! XD AND THAT YEOLJONG HUG AT THE END WAS PRICELESS!!!! *yes yes, yeoljong is my second otp after myungjong* though i was kinda sad there wasn't even the slightest MYUNGJONG in there...  BUT DANG INFINITE ALL LOOKED SO FLAWLESS!!! best styles ever xD ok it is like 2.50am now... better go sleep >< *LOVE ME MORE FOR STAYING UP SO LATE TO UPDATE KEKE*