When Opposites Meet

Falling In Love Wasn't Part Of The Contract

“I’m off, see you later back in the dorm, Jongie~” Hoya ruffled his roommate’s head as he headed off to his class. Sungjong stuck out his tongue at the retreating back and shut his locker, tidying his hair as he made his way down the corridor for the first and most dreaded lesson of the day: Math.

 

Sungjong was nothing more than ordinary. He has a senior as a roommate, who is also his best friend that loves to mess up his hair. Later after school, he would need to rush off for his after school job at a café. Sungjong never stands out of the crowd, as his uniform was always worn neatly and never altered like the other students’ uniforms. His black frame spectacles which he actually never needed rested on the bridge of his nose, and his black spiked hair falls neatly on his head. Sungjong loved how he looked, not bothering with his schoolmates’ comments of him being “geeky” and “feminine”.

 

Yes, Sungjong was ordinary and nothing else.

 

Grumbling and cursing as he headed to his class for his least favourite subject, Sungjong was knocked off his feet as he turned at the corner of the hallway, crashing into a rushing figure. His spectacles flew off his face as his books scattered on the floor, shouting a loud “owww…” as he rubbed his forehead.

 

“S-sorry…” Sungjong mumbled as he grabbed for his books, and noticed that the other student was still standing and had not fallen over. He heard a snort as the oh-so-familiar voice that Sungjong knew only too well, the voice that made hundreds of the girls in his school and some boys scream, spoke, “Tsk. Not even looking at where you were going, a nerd is just a nerd.”

 

Kim Myungsoo.

 

Sungjong scoffed as he felt anger building in him. Did that kingka think he is all better than everyone else JUST because of his looks?! Standing up and brushing off the dirt on his pants, Sungjong glared back at the amused face of the other. “Look who’s talking. I wasn’t the only one who didn’t see where I was going. At least I had the tendency to apologise.” Sungjong smirked slightly as he saw the change of expression on Myungsoo a.k.a L’s face change from amusement to annoyance.

 

“Who do you think you are, midget?” Myungsoo snarled. And for a moment before, he had thought the boy looked cute. What was he thinking?

 

“Someone who would rather waste their time in math class than talking to you.” Sungjong retorted. He gasped slightly when he realized he wasn’t wearing his spectacles, immediately bending down after spotting it on the floor. He put them on immediately, brushing his hair out of his eyes. Myungsoo raised an eyebrow, “You clearly don’t need spectacles, yet you wear them? What, are you a geek fanatic or something?”

 

Sungjong ignored his comments and strut pass the kingka, clearly not surprised as he saw a group of ladies running pass him as he continued his journey to his classroom. He knew too well where they were rushing to.

 

“Aish that rude nerd! How dare he just walk aw- !” Myungsoo ran at full speed as he saw the girls that had been previously chasing him running towards him again, yet he can’t help but have his thoughts dragged back to the geek he bumped into.

 

He’s an interesting character.

 

Sungjong settled himself at his desk that was right next to the wall in the middle row, getting his books ready just as the teacher walked in. He giggled softly at the thought that the irritating kingka was going to be late for class again. Count it his bad luck that he had HIM as a classmate.

 

Half an hour into the lesson and Sungjong was already on the brink of death. He hated math to the core because had never score in it. Sure he get good grades for his other subjects, which meant all As, but Math was the only B he got. And it was staining his report card. Just as he was closing to biting his pencil off, in came a panting Myungsoo at the doorstep of the classroom. A few squeals from the girls signaled to the teacher that the kingka had arrived. Mrs Kim folded her arms as she glared at the boy, who practically ignored her as he made his way to the back of the class where his seat was by the window.

 

“Yah Kim Myungsoo! Don’t think you can be late for class and just disrupt the lesson like that!” Mrs Kim bellowed as she pointed the chalk in her hand at her student.

 

“34x - y”

 

“What?!”

 

“34x – y. That’s the answer for the question on the board.” Myungsoo replied simply as he settled in his chair, looking out of the window. A few students squealed and clapped. Mrs Kim turned back to the equation she had just written on the board, her face twisted in an ugly grimace.

 

“Y-yes. That’s correct.” Sungjong glared at the kingka. That was one other thing that irritated him to no end. And that is the fact that Kim Myungsoo never seem to EVER pay attention in class, or even touch a single book, and yet he was able to get equally high grades as Sungjong for his subjects. ESPECIALLY math.

 

Feeling someone staring holes into his head, Myungsoo tilted his head slightly and was appalled to see the spectacled geek in his class. WHAT THE?! HE IS ACTUALLY MY CLASSMATE?!  Sungjong turned back to his book, ignoring the shocked yet disgusted look on L’s face as he concentrated on the lesson.

 

“Hey. Who is that?” Myungsoo tapped the girl that sat in front of him, causing her to jump and turn all red. The girl replied shyly, “That is Lee Sungjong.” Myungsoo nodded his head as he spent the rest of the lesson staring at the boy, oblivious to the amount of squeals the other girls were making as the girl who had just talked to Myungsoo gushed over him with them.

 

Lee Sungjong huh?

 

Sungjong flipped a page of his book eagerly as he was about to reach the of the story, only to be irritated by the sudden loud whispers that flooded the library. Looking up from his book, Sungjong furrowed his eyebrows dangerously as he saw the person he had least wanted to see enter the only place where he could find peace and quiet.

 

Kim Myungsoo.

 

Immediately diving back down to his book, Sungjong blocked out the noises within the library in his head, as he stood up and made his way to the back of the library, his nose still in his book as he sat at one of the tables at the most secluded area of the library.

 

He could hear the whispers die down, and smiled to himself. That was till he heard a loud plunk on the chair opposite him. He lifted his head, only to come face to face with his worst nightmare.

 

“Hello, nerd.” Myungsoo smirked.

 

Great, just great.

 

“What the hell do you want from me?!” Sungjong said through his gritted teeth, noticing the number of people that were hiding between the bookshelves staring daggers at him. L looked at the boy before him interestingly.

 

“I want you to help me.” Myungsoo’s said in a voice close to a whisper, and Sungjong could see everyone straining to hear the conversation. “Haha, well well well, Kim Myungsoo is actually asking for someone’s help?”

 

Pretending to not hear what Sungjong had just said, Myungsoo continued, leaning in towards the other student who instinctively backed up. He said in a low tone.

 

“I want you to be my fake fiancé.”

 

Sungjong was stunned as he whispered back angrily, “WHAT?! And why the hell will I even do t-“

 

“1,000,000 won.”

 

“Huh?!?!” Sungjong looked at the kingka like as though he had gone out of his mind.

 

“1,000,000 won. I will pay you 1,000,000 won if you would sign a contract with me for being my fake fiancé for one year.”

 

 

TBC...

 

 

A/N: SO SORRY FOR UPDATING SO LATE!!! SOBS I ALREADY LOST 4 SUBSCRIBERS!!! I AM SO SORRY!!! PLEASE DON'T UNSUBSCRIBE T-T  i already planned this whole fic out and i PROMISE, this fic is going to be awesome!!! i even cried at some angst parts even though i was only just planning it! i promise you this fic is going to turn out great, so please subscribe to it!!!<33 HOPE YOU GUYS ENJOYED THIS CHAPTER!! and do check out my other MYUNGJONG FIC, "Love means loving you and being loved back"!!