Who's afraid of the big bad wolf?

Baek to the Basics

Baekhyun’s hand rested comfortably in Chanyeol’s as they walked through the city, his cheeks burning with embarrassment. Despite the winter chill, Baekhyun had never felt warmer and he was unable to hide the grin on his face.

It had taken him all of his courage to confess his feelings to Chanyeol, and when the other didn’t reply, his heart felt as though it had shattered. Chanyeol’s shocked expression, the silence that followed – it hurt. But before Baekhyun had the chance to cry, Chanyeol had placed a gentle kiss upon his cheek.

Even though Chanyeol had kissed him well over an hour ago, Baekhyun’s cheek still tingled in the very spot his Mister Giant’s lips touched; his heart swelled with happiness, butterflies filled his stomach. Just walking side by side with Chanyeol, their fingers entwined, was absolutely perfect and Baekhyun didn’t want the night to end.

Chanyeol hadn’t spoken a single word since they had packed up their hilltop picnic and Baekhyun began to grow worried. He longed to hear the sound of Chanyeol’s husky voice once more. As they turned down a particularly thin city street, Baekhyun’s eyes widened in surprise.

“Mister Giant?” he asked, shooting Chanyeol a sideways glance. Chanyeol gave his hand a small squeeze.

“Yes?”

“Why are the trees all spotty?”

Chanyeol’s brow furrowed in confusion and he tilted his head upwards to look at the leafy canopy that hung above them. The tall trees that lined the narrow city street were decorated in fairy lights that seemed to twinkle magically in the darkness.

“Oh them,” Chanyeol said with a nod – that had to be what Baekhyun was referring to. “They’re called fairy lights.”

“Fairies?” Baekhyun asked in wonder, his mouth falling open as he stared up at the twinkling lights. “Are the fairies stuck up there?”

Without waiting for Chanyeol to respond, Baekhyun stopped walking abruptly, letting go of Chanyeol’s hand. “What if the fairies need help getting down?”

 Panic struck Baekhyun and he looked around frantically. What if the fairies were hurt? What if they couldn’t fly? They needed to save the fairies! Baekhyun was sure that Chanyeol would allow him to nurse any injured fairies back to health – his apartment was big enough for that. But how were they to get them down?

With a small chuckle, Chanyeol shook his head, entwining their fingers once more.

“No, Baekhyun,” he said with a smile. “They’re fairy lights. Not actual fairies.”

Furrowing his brow, Baekhyun studied the twinkling golden lights and then, with a small nod, he turned to Chanyeol once more.

“I understand,” he said, his voice serious. “The fairies need the lights to see where they’re going – they don’t want to fly into the trees!”

At this, Chanyeol’s lips tugged up into a wide smile; he couldn’t seem to hold back his laughter anymore. Baekhyun was so adorable and clueless about the world around him.

“Something like that, yeah.”

Baekhyun smiled contentedly. He liked seeing his Mister Giant so happy. Snuggling closer to Chanyeol’s side as they walked, Baekhyun let out a peaceful sigh.

“Will we see the fairies tonight?” he asked after a long silence had passed between the two.

“Maybe.”

 


 

 

Swinging his legs back and forth under the kitchen chair, Baekhyun couldn’t help but wriggle with excitement. On the way home from their picnic the night before, Chanyeol had mentioned a surprise waiting at home, but by the time they had made it back to the apartment, both Baekhyun and Chanyeol were too tired for surprises of any kind.

That morning, however, Baekhyun was fully refreshed and couldn’t wait for his surprise. In fact, Baekhyun couldn’t seem to contain his excitement. Chanyeol had asked him to wait in the kitchen whilst he went to get the surprise, but Baekhyun couldn’t wait.

Soon, he found himself wandering down the hallway and into their bedroom.

“Mister Giant?” he called softly. “Is my surprise ready yet?”

Chanyeol, who was fishing something from his backpack, nodded and got to his feet.

“You couldn’t wait, could you?” he teased and Baekhyun shook his head, an eager grin spreading across his face.

“Present! Present! Who could wait?”

Rocking eagerly on the balls of his feet, a happy giggle escaped his lips as Chanyeol passed a small, wrapped gift to him. He hesitated, shooting a quick glance in Chanyeol’s direction before shredding the brightly coloured wrapping paper.

“It’s a gift from Yoora,” Chanyeol said with a smile. “She was disappointed when you no longer fit into your little bunny hood, so she made you a new one.”

“Bunny?” Baekhyun asked, running a hand along the soft, fleecy fabric of the jumper. He always did prefer the teddy bear jumper that Chanyeol had given him. Teddy bears were his new favourite animal, he had decided.

After Chanyeol had helped him put the bunny hood on, Baekhyun played with the long, fleecy ears, twisting them in his fingertips.

“But,” he asked quietly. “If I get a present, does that mean you get one, too?”

Chanyeol shook his head. “Not quite,” he smiled. “Yoora has taken a liking to you. I’m her brother, so she’s not going to give me presents.”

“But Mister Giant!” Baekhyun protested, latching himself onto Chanyeol’s arm. “If I’m a bunny, then what are you?”

“A giant?” Chanyeol suggested, earning a disapproving look from Baekhyun.

“But giants aren’t animals like teddy bears!” he tried to reason. “Are you a bunny, too?”

A playful grin tugged the corners of Chanyeol’s lips upwards and he wrapped his arms around Baekhyun’s waist, his chin resting in the crook of the others neck.

“If you’re a bunny,” he said softly, “then I’m a wolf.”

Baekhyun shivered as Chanyeol’s breath brushed across his skin. “A w-wolf?” he asked nervously. “Like a werewolf?”

“No,” Chanyeol murmured. “An actual wolf. But they can be scary, too. Especially if you’re a cute little bunny.”

Resisting the urge to roll his eyes, Baekhyun snorted quietly. That was impossible. “Mister Giant isn’t scary!”

Chanyeol’s grip around Baekhyun’s waist tightened as he held him close. “Really?” he asked, his voice no more than a whisper. “I think I am.”

 

 

So. Much. Dialogue.
Arghhhhh.

SO WORLD OF WARCRAFTS EXPANSION CAME OUT.
GOOD. OKAY. THANKS, BLIZZARD.
IT'S NOT LIKE I NEEDED SLEEP, ANYWAY.
WHAT'S BETTER THAN KILLING ORCS AND STUFF?
COME AT ME, HELLSCREAM.


Yeah, most of my time since thursday has been spent playing
WoW and updating Hyperion.
So, I thought it'd be time to write an update for this.

Thank you to ExoticJiaHan and blackpurrrl for the chapter idea!~
What would you like to see next?
(Keeping in mind that this is a Baekyeol fic~~)

 

CAN WE JUST PRETEND THAT THE LAST PART IS WOLF!AU?
RAWRGH said wolf Chanyeol. Imma eat you up!

(edit; LOL OMG this isn't supposed to ual. >u< )

PS: Sorry for the short update.
My friends decided to come raid my house and 

watch Harry Potter in the theatre room.
I have no say in the matter, apparently and they'll be here in a few minutes~
I hope the fluff makes up for the shortness.