Liar, Liar (Mister Giant's Magic Kisses)

Baek to the Basics

Baekhyun’s eyes stung with tears, his vision slowly turning foggy. With the sleeve of his shirt in his mouth, he made his way slowly through the house in search of Chanyeol, his sniffing and sobbing echoing throughout the apartment.

“M-Mister Giant,” he wailed, blinking back his tears.  “I need kisses!”

His socks were slippery on the wooden floorboards, his footfalls slow, careful. Finding Chanyeol in the kitchen on his phone, Baekhyun sniffed once more and extended the hand that he did not have in his mouth. The moment Chanyeol’s eyes fell upon Baekhyun, his face paled.

“I’ve got to go,” he said quickly, hanging up the call and placing his mobile phone onto the kitchen counter. In half a second, he was at Baekhyun’s side, his eyes searching for any sign of injury.

“Baek,” he breathed, taking Baekhyun’s hand away from his mouth and turning it over to check for any cuts or scratches. “Bunny, why are you crying?”

With a pout, Baekhyun twisted his hand from Chanyeol’s grip before pointing at his face. “I bit my cheek,” he whimpered. “Mister Giant, it hurts.”

Chanyeol frowned, unsure of what to do. It was painful whenever he would bite his cheek, too, but normally, he would just laugh it off and hope that his friends did not notice him cringe.  “Would you like an icy pole to on?” he asked. “The coldness should help, even if it is just a little.”

Shaking his head, Baekhyun took a step towards Chanyeol. “Mister Giant’s kisses are magic,” he explained. “If you kiss it, it will stop hurting.”

“Oh, Bunny,” Chanyeol said with a small smile. Leaning forward, Chanyeol brushed his lips across the others’ cheek. “Better?”

Again, Baekhyun shook his head, his ears turning pink. “No,” he whined. “Maybe you should kiss it again – just to make sure.”

“Maybe,” Chanyeol suggested, turning back to the kitchen. “I should get you an icy pole. That will work even better than Mister Giant’s magic kisses.”

Folding his arms in front of his chest, Baekhyun pouted as he watched Chanyeol move to the freezer, searching for an icy pole. “Nothing works better than your kisses, Mister Giant,” he grumbled.

 


 

Perched on the small table underneath the window, Baekhyun rested his elbows atop the windowsill. His eyes were trained to the footpath several floors below as he waited in anticipating for Chanyeol to return from the art store.

He had reassured Baekhyun that he was only going to be a few minutes as he had run out of emerald and vermilion oil paint, but after a quick glance at the clock, Baekhyun frowned. A few minutes, indeed! Chanyeol had been gone for nine and a half minutes now and surely should have been home already.

Baekhyun’s keen eyes darted about the surrounding area, searching for any sign of Chanyeol. Maybe he wanted some time alone. Or maybe, something terrible had happened? Whatever the reason, it made Baekhyun worry. It certainly did not take this long to fetch paint.

Shifting impatiently from knee to knee, Baekhyun parted the curtains to get a better look at the world outside, leaning his elbows heavily against the dusty windowsill and waited. And waited.

And waited.

When he finally caught sight of Chanyeol walking down the footpath towards the apartment building, Baekhyun was so excited that he tried to hurry as fast as he could to the front door, tangling himself in the curtains in the process, pulling them clean off the window.

With his heart now in his throat, Baekhyun looked around the living room, desperate to find a place to conceal the curtains – a place where he was sure that Chanyeol would never find them. His hands began to tremble – of course Chanyeol would notice that they were gone. They weren’t exactly that hard to miss after all.

And should Baekhyun hide them, Chanyeol would be even more disappointed in him for not being truthful.

There was only one thing to do.

Waiting quietly until he heard the key turn in the lock, Baekhyun burst out into tears.

“Mister Giant!” he wailed. “I need more kisses!”

 


 

Baekhyun lay on the couch, an ice pack atop his head. Chanyeol knelt by his side, concerned, and watched his every movement.

“Does your head still hurt?” Chanyeol asked softly. “That’s quite a fall you had if you managed to pull the curtains down with you. What were you doing sitting on table anyway?”

Baekhyun flinched. He hated lying. “Waiting for you to come home,” he replied. “And then, I fell off and tore the curtains with me. I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to.”

Placing a hand on Baekhyun’s forearm reassuringly, Chanyeol offered him a small smile. “Don’t worry, Bunny,” he soothed. “I didn’t like those curtains very much anyway.”

Baekhyun sighed inwardly. Chanyeol had forgiven him for pulling the curtains down, but he couldn’t forget the rest of his fabricated story.

“Oh,” he groaned, crinkling his nose in pain. “My head hurts. Mister Giant, can you kiss it better, please?”

“Of course,” Chanyeol smiled, placing his lips against the area where Baekhyun had first told him he hit. “There, do you feel better now?”

Biting his lip, Baekhyun nodded, his cheeks slowly turning pink. “Yes,” he squeaked. “Thank you.”

 


 

Over the next three days, Baekhyun had managed to hurt himself a record breaking number of seventeen times. He had tripped over Sunny and ‘broken his face’, he had walked into walls, closed draws on his fingers and was scared of ‘bleeding to death unless Chanyeol kissed him better’ (even if the other couldn’t quite find any source of blood, not even a pin prick).

Incident after incident, without fail, Baekhyun would burst into tears, pick himself up and wander through the house sobbing until he managed to locate Chanyeol. Time and time again, Chanyeol would kiss Baekhyun’s injury better and then send him off to play once more.

Chanyeol was not suspicious. Not even in the slightest. He knew full well what Baekhyun was up to, the way that Baekhyun never seemed to have an accident in front of him. The way that each and every thump sounded just like Baekhyun’s closed fist knocking lightly into the wall, or a stomp on the ground.

“Have you ever heard the story of the Boy Who Cried Wolf, Bunny?” he asked, wrapping a band aid around Baekhyun’s uninjured finger that he had accidentally closed the door on. When Baekhyun shook his head, Chanyeol sighed, a small smile on his face.  

“You are just like the boy from the story.”

Baekhyun’s eyes lit up. “And you’re the wolf, Mister Giant? I like this story already.”

 


 

With his hand clutched around Pinkie Pie’s hoof, the plush pony hanging limply at his side, Baekhyun shuffled his way down the hallway, his eyes b with tears. He had run out of ideas for accidental injuries and was worried that he would miss out on Chanyeol’s kisses.

“Mister Giant?” he sniffed, peering into the kitchen. His heart skipped a beat when he saw Chanyeol sitting in front of his canvas, paintbrush in hand. The moment he heard Baekhyun’s voice, Chanyeol turned around, a small on his face.

“What’s the matter?”

“It’s Pinkie Pie,” Baekhyun explained. “She hurt herself. She hurt herself really badly.”

Chanyeol’s eyes went wide with shock. “Oh no,” he gasped, rushing to Baekhyun’s side. Taking the plush pony from the others grip, Chanyeol held the pony to him carefully. “Pinkie Pie,” he whispered. “Oh, my Pinkie Pie. Please be okay.”

Carrying her to the bench, Chanyeol sat her down, fetching the first aid kit from the kitchen pantry and covered her in band aids. Placing a kiss first on the pony’s forehead, he set about making sure that she was properly cared for.

“Pinkie Pie is so brave,” he said as he worked. “Perhaps she would like a sweet? Or maybe, another kiss would do the trick.”

Baekhyun clapped his hands together eagerly. “Oh, oh! I would love a sweet!” he said excitedly. “A kiss, too!”

Without even so much as a side glance, Chanyeol kept his gaze focused on the plushie, wrapping her carefully in gauze. “Not now, Baekhyun,” he replied. “Pinkie Pie is hurt. How about, we cook your favourite dish for dinner tonight, Pinkie? How about that? What would you like?”

“Roast chicken,” Baekhyun suggested. “And vegetables. Oh, and strawberries for dessert!”

Chanyeol held up his hand to silence the other. “No, Baekhyun. That’s your favourite food. Pinkie Pie told me she would like carrots and hay. That is what we shall all have for dinner tonight.”

“Hay?” Baekhyun asked, alarmed. “But we can’t have hay!”

Scooping the heavily bandaged Pinkie Pie up in his arms, Chanyeol carried her through the house and into the bedroom, Baekhyun half a step behind him trying desperately to get his giant’s attention.

Propping the pony up on the pillow, Chanyeol made sure she was comfortable before turning to Baekhyun. “Sorry, Bunny,” he said lightly. “Looks like Pinkie needs to rest here tonight. You will have to sleep on the couch.”

“But – “

This was all too much for Baekhyun to take in in such a short amount of time. His heart ached, his face distorted. Wrapping his fingers around fistfuls of Chanyeol’s paint splattered artists apron, Baekhyun buried his face into Chanyeol’s chest and sobbed.

“Please,” he whispered. “Please don’t. I don’t want to sleep on the couch, I want to sleep next to you.”

“Pinkie Pie is hurt,” Chanyeol said firmly. “When you are hurt, you can stay in bed all day, too.”

“But I was hurt!” Baekhyun insisted. “This morning, and yesterday – the day before, too! I didn’t get any cuddles or bed rest. You didn’t carry me through the house or spend time with me.”

Chanyeol arched his brows, wrapping his arms around Baekhyun. “That’s because,” he said simply. “You were not really hurt, were you?” When Baekhyun didn’t respond, Chanyeol smiled. “Tell me again how my curtains ended up on the floor.”

Lifting his head, Baekhyun blinked back his tears. “But I do hurt,” he whispered. “My heart hurts because Mister Giant is ignoring me; because I made Mister Giant disappointed. My heart hurts so, so much.”

Drawing in a sharp breath, Baekhyun buried his face into Chanyeol’s chest once more. “Please forgive me,” he sniffed. “I’m sorry. Really, I am. I just wanted you to kiss me.”

Chanyeol allowed his shoulders to slump. Tightening his grip around his Bunny protectively, he waited until Baekhyun stopped crying.

“If you wanted a kiss, Baekhyun,” he said softly. “You just have to ask.”

 

 

Baekhyun faking getting hurt was an idea from Shirubamuun.
Go shower them with love, praise and affection!~ <3
Still no actual kisses, though. 
Trololol

So, I'm back from the wedding.
And slowly becoming a zombie.
What is sleep?
On the plus, I have an idea for a Psychological Thriller now.
But to make it EXO or SR14B?
That is the question... :v


Happy Australia Day, everyone!
Normally I have plans, but I don't think my friends 
have quite recovered from the wedding yet :3
So, my Australia Day has been spent with beer, binge eating TimTams
and microsoft word.
^^