Chapter 8

Everything Unexpected

So much for hoping to see Hoseok the next day. 

It had been more than a week since your first day at SOPA, and Hoseok hadn't showed up ever since. You reasoned with yourself that he was just too busy with his schedule --- in fact, you even saw him a few times when you had your TV on music shows --- and it was nothing out of the ordinary. You knew for sure that he would show up eventually, but you still couldn't help but feel a slight drop in your heart when you didn't see him in dance class two days after. 

Speaking of classes, school seemed to become more and more like a hellhole as the days went by. Apparently, Lina was a super popular girl and you probably "offended" her during your first encounter, because the moment you stepped inside the school gates the next day you were greeted with pairs and pairs of judgmental eyes and disapproving whispers from your classmates. At first your didn't really care, because they never approached you and offended you in your face. But as the days went by people started shouldering past you on purpose in the hallways and stealing your usual seat in class. And somehow they even found out where your locker was, because once you were in dance class and slipped, almost falling head-back on the floor. The students snickered as you took a look at the bottom of your shoes and were shocked to find several flat, metal push pins purposefully imbedded at the heels, making the them extremely slippery. Somebody --- likely to be one of Lina's hardcore fans --- must have found your locker and played with your dance shoes as a revenge. 

You had grinded your teeth through it all and thought they would stop eventually. You didn't make an effort to make any friends at school because, well, who would want to talk to you at the moment? 

The only comfort you got these days were from Sandy. You went for a few meet ups with her and talked about everything that happened. Being the cheerful girl she was, Sandy was always able to make you forget about all the unhappiness at school for a while. Hanging out with her was always fun and relaxing, whether you guys went out for dinner, a stroll in the park, or just sit around and chat in your studio. There were more than a handful of times where you envied how she was always in a good mood. Perhaps it was because she didn't have any bad memories dragging her down, since she grew up being the social butterfly and was completely adored by her parents. You, on the other hand...

Well, let's just say some of the things you had experienced in the States were going to stay with you your whole life.  

----------------------------------------------------------------

"Ahhhhhhhhh!!" Namjoon half-growled, half-screamed as he collapsed to the floor in exhaustion along with Yoongi. It was more than a week after heir twin concerts, and so far the BTS members did not have a single night of good sleep due to their busy schedules. Right now they had been in the company dance room for more than five hours learning and practicing their choreography for the next comeback now. The choreographer drilled the boys unusually hard, and by the time they took a water break now all of they were panting and drenched with sweat. 

Hoseok wiped his forehead with the hem of his t-shirt and exhaled as he bent over with his hands on his knees. He felt as if his lungs were on fire and he was radiating heat. It had been a long time since he was this worn out, and unlike some of the other members who practically looked half dead by now, he actually liked it. The long dance session was tiring yet exhilarating. 

He grabbed a bottle of water and sat along the wall of the mirror to catch his breath while taking a long drink. The room was quiet saved for pants. He glanced back at his reflection and grinned at his sweaty, relaxed face. In his opinion, even though he looked cool and badass with all the eyeliner, hair spray, and stage outfits, he liked the Hoseok that he was right now much better. How nice would it be if ________ just walked in right now, he though and almost smiled like an idiot. 

Wait, what...? 

For the past week you were constantly in the corner of Hoseok's mind. Even when he was performing with all his concentration, somehow there was always room for you, and this confused the hell out of him. Having watched enough dramas and witnessed enough of his hyungs date in the past, he first came to the seemingly obvious conclusion. Isn't this what a person is like when he is in love? Am I in love with ________? He asked himself multiple times, only to shake his head and reject the idea immediately with extensive rebuttals in his head. But that's not possible! We just met for one day! Even if it's love at first sight it should be like this, right? Besides, I didn't even like like her in the first place, so how can I fall in love with her?! What the actually , Jung Hoseok?! There is NO WAY you're falling for ________! 

But why did he still manage to think of you every so often?

The choreographer called for regroup. Hoseok tried to --- and failed to --- set the thought of you down with the water bottle and stood up, ready for another round of sweat. 

----------------------------------------------------------------

Just when you were about to fall asleep, the bell rang, signaling the end of your second week at SOPA. Thank goodness you had a free period as the last class of the day; you got to go wherever you wanted in the school and do whatever you wanted. You walked out of your Makeup and Styling class --- which would have been enjoyable had the teacher not been going on and on and on about the differences between liquid liner and gel liner the whole class --- and proceeded down the hallway leading to the lockers. 

You didn't realize which corridor you were in until you came across several mirrored rooms in a row. You had never walked this way after M&S class, so you were quite surprised to find yourself in the dance department. You slowed to a stroll in the empty hallway and peered into a few of the rooms, finding them all dark and empty. Some rooms had a piano in a corner, and others had ballet barres running along the walls. You shivered as you passed your usual dance classroom. As you reached the end of the corridor, you came to a sudden halt at the sight of a room you had never noticed before. 

Like the previous dance rooms, this one was dimly lit, the only light coming from the shaded window. But even in the shadow you could tell this studio was a lot smaller. Floor-length mirrors occupied two of the walls, and the other two walls and the ceiling were covered with colorful graffitis instead of plain white paint. A few pairs of sneakers and hightops lined along the wall neatly. There was a cabinet and an empty clothe hanger in one corner and what looked like a boom box in another. A small couch sat along the back wall facing one of the mirrored walls.

The sheer differences between this room and the others was enough for you to open its door, not to mention it was practically spewing the sense of hip hop. You glanced around the hallway and, after making sure nobody was in sight, turned the door handle and stepped into the small studio.