Chapter 1

Everything Unexpected

 Hoseok watched you from the stage as you watched him dance. He took one look at you and immediately knew you were different. Instead of shrieking in excitement and shooting pink fluffy hearts from your eyes like the hundreds of fans below, he saw you observing and analyzing his every move, step, and flex of muscle; heck, he could almost see the wheels and gears turning in your head. He saw you tapping your finger lightly to the beat of the song, occasionally widening your eyes and raising your eyebrow at something he did. You were Hoseok's favorite kind of audience, the kind that was able to see past their physical appearance and all their pretends for broadcast shows to come to the actual skills that they possessed and genuinely appreciate them. Unfortunately, it was always hard to find fans like you, which, in his opinion, was one of the biggest downsides of being an idol. Thanks to the polishing done by Big Hit, the members of BTS always looked near flawless on stage and in shows, which naturally gained them batches and batches of fangirls who drooled over their pictures day and night with each comeback. It wasn't like Hoseok didn't appreciate those fans (because 1. he really was thankful for their care, and 2. they were the ones that bought tickets and goods and where the earnings came from), but ever since their debut a year ago, he had been looking out for those fans like you, those rare fireflies in a starless night sky. 

But then, you were different yet again, and Hoseok couldn't put a finger on what made you special. Perhaps it was how looking at you suddenly felt like pure energy was pumped into his vein, or maybe how you gave him your undivided attention made him want to dance just for you alone, or the feeling that a million things were exchanged between you and him even though you two neither touched nor spoke. Hoseok danced to song after song, all the while looking right at you. He was so concentrated on you that he didn't noticed the mini concert was over until the MC shouted, "That's it for tonight ARMY!!!! Please keep cheering on for B! T! S!!!!" He took a bow with the rest of BTS and took one last look at you before going backstage. 

Chatter erupted as soon as they entered the dressing room. "Yah! What the hell happened to you today?" Seokjin patted Hoseok's back with a smirk as he asked.

"What do you mean what happened?" He questioned back halfheartedly as he grabbed a bottle of water and a towel, his mind still thinking of you. 

"You looked like you were about to kill someone with those punches and kicks in the choreo, hyung!" Taehyung, who was still panting from the show, chimed in. 

"And you were staring at someone, weren't you?" Namjoon said with a smirk. 

"No I wasn't," Hoseok answered a bit too quickly. He took off his stage outfit and changed into a logo t-shirt and loose pants. "What made you guys say that anyway?" 

There was a slight pause as the members exchanged looks before they chuckled and went back to changing. "Come on, hyung," Jungkook answered, wiggling his brow. "Everyone could tell you were concentrating on someone." 

"You danced differently, too," Jimin pointed out. "Man, if that had been a dance battle, you would have won hands down!" 

"What are you guys even talking about," Hoseok rolled his eyes, silently hoping he didn't actually do any of those things. The last thing he wanted was to show any sign that he saw you, as if you would turn into a pink-fluffy-hearts-shooting fan if he told anybody. 

"What should we eat for dinner?" Yoongi asked the million-dollar question, gaining everyone's attention. The dressing room suddenly exploded in shouts and yells.

"CHICKEN!"

"PASTA!" 

"SHABU SHABU!"

"BBQ!" 

"PIZZA!"

It never seized to amaze Hoseok how it was food, and not the fans or awards or any other crap that they claimed on TV, that could always make them forget everything and unite them together. He chuckled as he shoved his belongings into his backpack and joined in with the food-naming as the seven boys piled out the dressing room door. 

----------------------------------------------------------------

"That was totally the best thing that has ever happened in my life EVER!!!" Sandy exclaimed as soon as you two came out from the concert stadium. Being the hard core BTS fan that she was, you would probably have to agree with her. 

"Who was that guy that stepped on someone and jumped out for his solo? " You asked, genuinely curious. It wasn't like you were a fan of them. You didn't even know why you agreed to go to the concert with Sandy anyway. But it had been awhile since you saw such a smile on your best friend's face, especially since you just arrived in Korea from the U.S. a week ago and only got to meet her yesterday, so you didn't mind much about missing a night of catching up on school work for the concert. 

"Oh that's J-Hope!" She replied immediately. "His real name is Jung Hoseok, and he's the lead dancer of BTS. Height 177cm, weight 59kg, he has an older..."

"Okay I don't need the personal details," you quickly interrupted her, knowing that this rant would go on forever if you didn't stop it in time. You had had enough of this from your Skype chats and you were more than positive you didn't want any more in person. 

"See, what did I tell you?" Sandy wiggled her eyebrow and smiled proudly. "I knew you would fall in love with BTS, because they are, like, the most amazing people on earth!" 

"Who said anything about falling in love?" You defended yourself. "I was just curious."

Honestly, you were curious about Hoseok, or whatever his name was. He danced like no one you had seen before and, being a dancer yourself, you were quite impressed. The fluidity and sharpness of his movement nicely wove together, and you could almost see his energy radiating from his body when he danced. You would probably watch him dance all day if you could. But the weird thing was, you could swear on your life that he was looking, no, staring at you during the concert. The way he looked at you was so captivating that you felt as if he was dancing just for you.

 "Anyway, what should we eat? I'm really hungry!" Sandy whined like a kid and linked her arm with yours. Before you could answer, your stomach growled like a wolf, which made her giggle. You smiled, "let's go get fried chicken. I miss it so much!"