Chapter 19

Everything Unexpected

The last two and a half hours of the tutor session had been the most conflicting time Hoseok had ever been through. As you sat across from him being the gorgeous, amazing girl you were, he didn't know whether to stare and admire your beauty or look down and work hard to impress you.

Either way, he found himself spacing out more than a handful of times at your presence in front of him: your smooth short hair highlighted by the warm afternoon sun rays, you chin resting on your hand effortlessly, your brows creasing and raising cutely from time to time as you studies the notes in front of you, your eyes hard in concentration as your long, dark lashes fluttered, and your plump, smooth lips that you and bit now and then. Sometimes you would nod to yourself in understanding, causing your short side bangs to fall across your left eye, and he had to fight the urge to reach over and sweep it behind your ear for you.

Hell, even the thought of that made his heart race and sent his fingers drumming on the table in excitement.

Hoseok tried to go back to the Korean novel chapter summary he had been skimming through for the last fifteen minutes, but it was getting harder and harder to keep himself on task. Sighing, he asked as he pushed the papers away, "ugh, can we take a break?"

His voice caught your attention and you looked up to meet his eyes with your warm hazel ones. "Yeah, sure," you nodded in understanding. "Getting tired?"

"Nah, it's just... kinda hard to concentrate, that's all," he replied, leaning back in his chair as he ruffled his hair. How can I when you're sitting right here looking so... He couldn't find a perfect word to describe you. Perhaps because you were so damn perfect yourself.

You chuckled, "I guess you're not much of a school person then?"

"Yeah not really. Dancing is so much better." Hoseok glanced at the notebook on the table in front of you and shot open his eyes as he immediately took interest.

It was a drawing of a typical male model's well-sculpted face with half-finished dramatic makeup: dark, pitch black shadow concentrated on the top lid, a smooth, gradual change to midnight blue when blended from the outer corner of the eye down to the lower lash line, black pencil-lined waterline, and a shock of solid gold thinly lining the top lash line. The same gold color was used to draw two rows of tiny dots in a "v" shape around the outer corner of eye, making it look both elongated and striking at the same time. "What's that?" He asked out of curiosity.

"Oh, that's the exam project for my M&S class," you explained, scratching behind your ear. "We have to come up with this themed makeup design and submit sketches and photos of actual people with the makeup."

The latter phrase made Hoseok suddenly widen his eyes in excitement. The thought of having you do his makeup, your fingers brushing on his cheeks and your breath tingling on his nose due to the close proximity caused a grin to crawl onto his face involuntarily. With a thudding heart, he asked hesitantly, "so... do you have your model yet?"

Please say no...

"Yep! I got Jaehyun to help me," to his disappointment, you answered cheerfully and Hoseok felt a drop in his stomach. "I already have pretty much everything planned out, so we're thinking of meeting up at the studio some time next week so I can get this project done."

Hoseok tried not to frown at your reply. We're thinking... He scoffed inwardly as he felt a sour taste in his mouth and something bubbling angrily in the pit of his guts, what are they? A sweetheart couple?! "Oh..." That was the only reply he could manage to squeeze out.

"Oh yeah, and another thing," seemingly oblivious of his feeling, you went on, "you know that routine we have to choreograph for the dance exam?"

Your mention perked up Hoseok's ears. "Wait, we have a dance exam?!" How come I never knew?! What the hell?!

"Ummm, yeah...?" You raised your brow at him. "I thought you read the email?"

Seeing his dumbfounded look, you continued, "well, we're suppose to choreograph a one-minute-minimum routine to a song of our choice. We can do partner stuff if we want, too."

That caught his attention. Hoseok gazed at you as you looked down, avoiding eye contact for some reason. "I was thinking of using one of your songs for my choreo," you opened your mouth and stuttered as you added, "and, um, I was wondering if... if you want to, you know, do a duet with me, maybe?"

... Hoseok blinked.

... He blinked again.

Oh my god did she actually say that?! He couldn't believe his ears as his eyes widened involuntarily. Did she just ask me to dance with her?!?! He could feel a grin creeping up to his lips and his heart about to jump out of his chest as you finally looked up to meet his eyes with a small smile of your own. Damn, he wanted to shoot up from his seat and hop around and hoop on the top of his lungs in thrill and excitement.

Whoa there, an invisible hand held his shoulder to keep him down, you're gonna scare the out of her if you do that! Just calm down and play it cool, alright? What's wrong with you anyway?! Being this excited over a simple school project?

"Oh cool! I'd love to!" Somehow Hoseok managed to control his facial expression to prevent from giving away his frenzy of excitement and replied. "Which song are you thinking of?"

At his agreement, you broke out a wide, wholehearted smile that made his inside melt with bliss. When you spoke, it sounded like music to his ears,

"It's 'Yeogi bwa'."

----------------------------------------------------------------

Author's note:

Sorry it's so short T^T anyway here's the one-shot game for the chapter:

Why, despite having gotten the email about the exams, didn't Hoseok know about the content of the dance exam? Hint: there is a clue in Chapter 17.

To win the prize, please comment below your answer as well as your preferred character/genre/general for the one shot. I will announce the winner by messaging him/her privately, but the one-shot story will be public. Note: I do not take any request for ships and .

Hehe this is kind of a hard one :P but anyway try your best :D