Chapter 2

Everything Unexpected

You and Sandy walked around until you found a convenient store. You went in and ordered your meals.

"It always surprises me how you lived in the States for a decade and still can't stand coffee," Sandy joked as she picked up a bottle of Starbucks frappé. You scrunched up you brows and stuck out your tongue. "It's so disgusting! How can you stand it?" You then picked up a bottle of honey green tea and smiled, thinking how long ago was the last time you had one.

You two were still debating about the taste of coffee at the cashier as you picked up your meals and paid when the doorbell of the store ringed, signaling the arrival of another customer. Before you could look up, you suddenly felt Sandy squeeze your wrist hard enough to leave bruises.

"What the f-" you were about to scold when she almost started screeching. "Oooooooooomyyyyyygoooood!!!!!!!" She shriek-whispered, pointing at the door. You looked up and immediately saw a familiar face: dark black hair, almond eyes (is he wearing eyeliner?!), straight nose with a round tip, small mouth, round face. "Isn't he..."

"JUNGKOOK!!!" Sandy squeaked while tugging on your arm. When you gave her a confused look, she hit your arm and almost exclaimed, "hello?! BTS maknae?! You just saw him on stage?!"

"Ohhhh," you just remembered.

He was just walking up to the cashier. "10 servings of chicken, please!" He said.

You eyed Sandy again, "why don't you just go up and say hi and ask for a photo or something? It's better that standing here and hyperventilating." You had seen plenty of your friends running into celebrities and taking photos with them in the States, and you were pretty sure the fans in Korea did that too.

"Are you kidding me?!" She answered back with a shaky voice. "I'm going to faint right in from of him if I do that!" She then drew a large breath and admitted, "but I seriously want that goddamn photo."

You rolled your eyes, "stop being such a baby!" This time you grabbed her wrist and pulled her towards Jungkook. You chuckled as you saw a mix of horror and excitement on her face.

"Excuse me," you said, catching Junkook's attention. "Hello, we were just at the BTS concert a while ago." You bowed slightly and tugged at Sandy to make her bow too.

"Oh, hello!" He smiled and bowed back.

"My friend here is a really big fan of yours," you smiled back and explained, "and she was wondering if you have time to take a photo with her."

"Of course!" Jungkook answered. You glanced at Sandy and, seeing she was grinning like an idiot and in no condition to talk, lightly pushed her towards him. You whipped out your phone and said, "say kimchi!" Jungkook stood closer to Sandy and gave a photoshoot-worthy smile. You quickly took a photo and bowed, "thank you so much! You guys were great on stage tonight!"

"Thank you!" He answered sincerely.

"Sir, your order is ready," said the ajumma cashier. Jungkook paid, took the chicken, thanked her, and left the store.

You look back at Sandy and smirked as she attempted to collect herself, "See, that wasn't so hard."

"I don't think I'd be able to sleep tonight," she breathed.

You chuckled and picked up your food and drinks, then left the store dragging a dazed Sandy.

----------------------------------------------------------------

"What took you so long?" Taehyung asked as Jungkook came back to the van. The members grabbed for the bags of fried chicken and immediately devoted themselves to it.

"Oh nothing, just saw two ARMYs and took a photo with them" Jungkook answered.

"I'm actually so proud of them," Seokjin said while chewing. "They really know how to approach us without a big hassle, unlike some other fandoms." The other members all nodded their heads in agreement.

"Hyung, what's our schedule for tomorrow?" Hoseok asked the manager while grabbing another piece of chicken.

"Ummm," he looked at his phone, "you guys don't have anything in the morning and noon, so you're going to school. I'm picking you up to go to the stadium at 3:00pm for concert rehearsal."

"Come on, hyung, can't we take a break?" Hoseok, Jungkook, Taehyung, and Jimin whined at the same time.

"Do you think you can?" He answered. "It's The School of Performing Arts in Seoul! The hell they would let you skip classes if you're not on schedule!"

"Fine," Jungkook lowered his head while Hoseok crossed his arms.