Chapter 3

Everything Unexpected

You woke up to the sound of your alarm and found that you fell asleep at your desk atop of your homework. You sighed. It's Monday, your first day of school in Korea.

You hastily got up from your chair, wincing at the ache in your back and neck. Grabbing your black and yellow uniform, you entered the tiny bathroom in your studio and washed up. It wasn't until you put on your uniform that you remembered your school name: School of Performing Arts in Seoul. You made a mental note of telling Sandy this, since she laughed hysterically when you told her you forgot the name last night. You attempted to make the best of your bob head, which always refused to stay smooth. After seeing today was not going to be different, you rolled your eyes and gave up.

You came out from the bathroom tugging at the uncomfortably short skirt and glanced at your schedule today:

Korean 8:20-9:30
Math 9:30-10:30
Break 10:30-10:50
Lyrics-Writing 10:50-11:50
English 11:50-12:50
Lunch 12:50-1:20
Dance 1:20-3:00

You started stuffing your backpack with notebooks and loose leafs while texting Sandy:

Btw I go to the School of Performing Arts in Seoul. Just remembered this morning :P

You also grabbed your dance clothes and shoes and were at the door when Sandy texted back:

HOLY SOPA???!!! You got into SOPA?!

You frowned:

Yeah, what's wrong with that?

Damn gurl, it's gonna be a hell of a day for you today ;)

What are you talking about?

Just be prepared to see hot guys and gorgeous girls all day long. You might even see a couple of celebrities ;)

You rolled your eyes as you exited your building and walked to the bus stop:

You know I don't care about those thing Sandy :P

The bus arrived right on time, and you put in your earphones as you board the bus. You didn't bother to sit down, because SOPA was just five minutes away.

Your stop came and you got off the bus while checking the time. It was 8:10, just enough time to go find your locker and get to class. Students were already swarming in the campus, and you soon blended well into them with your identical uniforms. You entered the Junior building and quickly found your locker and piled you things in.

The day went by agonizingly slow as you did multiple self introductions and doodled in your notebooks in almost all your classes. You had already learned all the things the teachers taught back in the States, so by the time lunch started you were so bored out of your mind that you couldn't wait for dance class. No matter how good or how crappy the students there might be, at least there was going to be music and a mirror. As soon as you finished your food, you grabbed your backpack and rushed to the bathroom to changed out of the uncomfortable uniform and into your loose T-shirt, baggy harem pants, and Nike high tops.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Hoseok and his friends sprinted into the dance studio just as the bell rang. They all looked away from Mr. Lee, the teacher, who was definitely giving them a dirty look. Somebody's iPod was plunged into the speaker and playing some hip hop music, and students were already scattered around the room stretching and warming up.

"Alright, class," Mr. Lee stopped the music and called, motioning the students towards him. "I'm assuming you all know today's class is going to be battle, and I expect you to have something prepared."

Hoseok and his friends exchanged smiles. "This is going to be fun," he whispered.

"Did you prepare something?" Asked his friend Dongjun.

"Nah," he answered, "freestyle is more fun." The others nodded their heads and agreed.

Mr. Lee started shouting out names and pairing people off. "Hoseok and Dongjun," Hoseok was chatting away when he called. The two students exchanged smirks and fist bumped. Just when Hoseok thought he was finished, he said "ahhh, and I see we got a new student today. ________, is it?"

"Yes, here," a voice at the back of the group called. Hoseok looked over and was met with a pair of familiar, surprised eyes. Wait, is that...?

It was you, the girl from the concert.

You two stared, your wide-eyed expression mirroring each other. Hoseok couldn't believe this was happening; he'd never imagined the world he lived in was so small. He stared at you with a mix of disbelief and anticipation, looking forward to see you dance.

"You'll start and go against Lina," Mr. Lee call for your attention. "Since you're in the class, I'm expecting you to at least know how to freestyle. So I'm not giving you an exception from today's battle. Just do your best."

Hoseok scrunched up his brows. To be honest, even though Lina was one of the prettiest girls in the whole school and a well known ulzzang, she was definitely the worst dancer; he wasn't even sure how she got into SOPA with her half-poses, half-walking dance skills. He secretly hoped you would beat her and not let his expectation down, although he wasn't even sure what he was expecting. He looked at the rest of the class and rolled his eyes when he saw almost all the guys getting excited and almost drooling over Lina. Even though he could never stand why, they were her die-heart fans and voted for her to win whenever there was a battle class.

Hoseok didn't even notice as his palms became sweaty and got nervous as you stood up for your battle.