Chapter 9

Everything Unexpected

It was two weeks after their concert that BTS finally got a day off from the busy practices and promotions. By the time Hoseok rolled out of bed that day it was already early afternoon. Even though the weather was starting to get cold, the sun still shone warmly through the window. The 14-hour sleep, however relaxing it was, left him slightly disoriented and his body aching as he left his room to see what the other members were doing. Seokjin was in the kitchen cooking, Taehyung and Namjoon went out shopping with one of their managers, Jimin was on the computer in his room, Jungkook was practicing guitar, and Yoongi was still asleep, as expected. "Ugh, I don't even know what day it is from that sleep," he yawned and said to Seokjin as he opened the fridge to get some water. 

Seokjin scoffed, "How did you even manage to sleep that long anyway?" 

"You should ask that to Yoongi hyung," Hoseok replied as he took a big gulp of water. "I'll go wash up now," he added as he left the kitchen. 

"Today's Friday, by the way. You're welcome," Seokjin called after him. 

Hoseok froze for a second at the sound of this. Friday... Is ________ at school? He glanced at the clock and, after seeing it was only 2:20pm, almost stormed into the bathroom. He half-slammed the door and started ripping his pajamas off as he twisted the shower tap on with a loud squeak. If I hurry up, I can make it there before the last class ends! 

Ten minutes later Hoseok stepped out of the bathroom wearing his school uniform and still drying his hair. "Ahndong hyung!" He called for the manager as he shoved his school books and dance clothes into his backpack. "Can you drive me to school?" 

At the sound of this, Jungkook, who was sitting at the dining table, looked up from his guitar and sheet music in surprise. "Did the sun come out the from the west this morning?" He asked, "what's gotten into you, hyung?" 

"Nothing," Hoseok replied hastily, trying to think of an excuse. "I'm gonna go hang out with Dongjun and others." 

"Ooooooh I'm coming too!" Jungkook immediately jumped up from his seat, almost hitting his guitar on the table. Hoseok immediately regretted picking this excuse. How did he possibly forget Jungkook and Dongjun were practically brothers and hadn't hung out in more than three months?! "Okay, fine," he sighed as the younger bounced around the apartment gathering his things to bring. 

I guess I'll just have to go with it, Hoseok thought as he attempted to come up with another plan of seeing you at school. He picked up his phone to shoot Dongjun a text: 

Yo me and Jungkook are coming to school right now. Wanna hang out? 

As expected --- since he always has his phone out during class --- Dongjun texted back a few seconds later: 

Awesome! Let's go get a bite after school and hang in the studio

Great, we'll probs be there in 15 min. 

----------------------------------------------------------------

You submerged yourself in the silent darkness of the dance studio. Everything in the room seemed to be vibrating with hip hop, and you voraciously breathed them in as you closed your eyes. The feeling was foreign yet familiar. 

You felt like you were being transported back to the dance studio you shared with your fellow dancers in the States: TL. It was a place that literally recorded your growth, both as a dancer and as a person. You remember stepping into the studio for the first time when you were eight --- signing up for hip hop class was your ninth birthday present from your parents --- and immediately grew fond of that place. (Flashback) Not only the place, but the people and your friends there, too. They'll look right at home in this room, you thought. 

At the though of them, your nose grew sore as you felt your eyes filling up with tears. You missed them so, terribly much, especially him... Is he still in the hospital? Is he doing better now? 

A tear escaped without permission and startled you as you felt it running down your cheek. You quickly wiped it away, afraid of seeing it in the mirror. You shook your head. It wasn't your fault, ________, you clenched your jaw as you told yourself. 

But if it wasn't, why did they all leave? 

Not bothering to turn on the lights, you walked around in the small, dark studio quietly as if you would break something if you did so much as a stomp. You ran your fingers along to boom box, and suddenly a strong urge of something swelled inside you. Without thinking, you reached for your phone and plugged it into the boom box. The room, however full with the sense of dance, was missing something, and it wasn't until your pressed play on your phone did you realize what it was lacking. 

As soon as the music flowed out of the speakers, you felt like energy was pumped into your body, and you started bouncing to the beat subconsciously. Come on, let's dance, your body said to you as you looked around. 

Well, they wouldn't mind if I just dance for a little bit, right? You thought as you stared at the pairs of shoes. It's not like anybody's gonna be at school after class, so...

Conveniently, you had your dance clothes in your backpack, so after making sure there was no one in the hallway again, you quickly changed into them. The moment you stepped into your dance shoes (which were thumb-nail-free now), you felt something unleashed inside you and a burden lifted from your chest. You stared at your shadowed figure in the mirror and watched as your body seemed to acquire a mind of its own and moved with the rhythm of the song. 

You didn't know how much time passed as you kicked, spun, leaped, turned, swung, and glided with the music. You felt sweat forming on your forehead and neck, yet you ignored it completely. You didn't know how many songs you had dance to, nor cared about anything that was not your movements and music. That was the magic of dancing: it made you forget everything else and live in the moment, making you feel more alive and ever. You never seized to be amazed by this quality, and you guessed it was one of the main reasons why you fell in love with dancing. 

This was probably also the reason why you suddenly felt like a deer caught in the headlight as the door opened, the lights came on, and several noisy boys with bags of snacks and drinks in their hands suddenly appeared in the studio.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Apparently, fifteen minutes meant more than an hour in the traffic of Seoul. 

Hoseok felt his heart drop lower and lower as the clock ticked by in their van, which was trapped in the seemingly forever-frozen traffic. Walking probably would have taken less time. When his watch beeped, signaling 3:00pm, he texted Dongjun: 

Stuck in stupid traffic. You guys go ahead and get food. We'll meet you at the studio. 

He texted back: 

Alright see u there

When the van finally pulled in front of the school gates, it was almost 4:00pm and the last group of students were already going home. The car barely stopped when Jungkook almost broke the handle as he pushed the door open, hopped out, and started running towards the Junior building while shouting, "hurry up Hoseok hyung!!" 

Hoseok thanked the manager and took his time getting out of the van. What's the point now anyway, he thought as he slammed the car door. ________'s probably already home by now. He followed the maknae and enter the building. I guess I'll just actually go hang out with them now. 

By the time he reached he dance department, Jungkook was already bouncing up and downimpatiently. He joined the younger as they made their way down the corridor. 

----------------------------------------------------------------

The boys stared at you as you stared back. You probably were sweating through your shirt and had a bird nest of hair on your head, but that was the least of your concerns right now. From the looks they gave you, you immediately realized this was their usual dance room. You felt heat rising to your cheeks as you bowed quickly and stuttered, "S-sorry! I didn't know this is your room!" You dove for your backpack and uniform as you attempted to run to the door without tripping over yourself. As much as you wanted to stay in the studio, you figured that this was definitely not the right time. "I-I'll take my leave now!" 

You were about to turn the door handle when you felt someone grabbed your other arm tightly. You looked back just as a voice sounded behind you, "wait, you were the girl that battle Lina last time, weren't you?" 

Before you could response, the door suddenly opened again, and out of every single living organism on the planet, Hoseok and Jungkook appeared in the doorway. 

----------------------------------------------------------------
READ ME~~ AUTHOR'S NOTE

Hi guys! Hope you're enjoying the story so far! I just wanted to say hi and explain a story feature I'm trying out right now. As you probably saw when you were reading this chapter, there is a "(Flashback)" in the middle. I originally wanted to add some of "your" background information there, but then it happened to make the chapter too long and break the flow of the story. So if you want to read about some additional details about "you" (which I highly recommend doing since it relates to a lot of things in the original story), PLEASE GO TO THE NEXT UPDATED PAGE, WHICH IS NAMED "Chapter 9 Flashback". Also, if you guys don't mind, please send me feed back of whether this organization works well or not by commenting. Right now I'm planning on doing this throughout the whole story, and I want to hear from you guys if you think it's good or nah. Thanks so much and love you guys a bunch!!