Chapter 12

Everything Unexpected

"Are you sure sure it was them?" Sandy peered at you from above her cup of latte. Once again you two were at your studio sitting at the coffee table, except this time she drove the two of you here and you were dressed in comfortable, oversized sweaters and training shorts instead of tshirts like last time. After explaining your frightening encounter with the High Wests, she, much like you, still couldn't believe it had really happened. 

You leaned back in your chair, tucked in your legs, and hugged your knees tightly to your chest. "Yeah, I know it sounds impossible," you reached for your warm tea, "but I swear on my life it was them." You could still feel yourself slightly trembling, even though it was almost an hour after the incident. 

"Jesus, girl," Sandy sighed, "it must have been one hell of a fright for you." 

"Yeah that's why I called you for help!" You responded. "Thanks by the way, I owe you one big time." Even though you two had lived on the opposite of the world for more than four years, you told each other everything about your lives, which, in your case, included the High Wests unfortunately. You couldn't have felt more relieved and grateful today when her car pulled over next to the bus stop, where you were this close to having a complete meltdown. Most of the time you two didn't really take notice over who paid for the meal or who did a favor for another, but this situation was different, too big to not take notice of. "Anyway," you said, "what should I do? I mean, what if I see them again? What if they see me next time? I don't think I'd be able to stay alive if this happens again." You leaned forward, set your elbows on the table, and grimaced as you ruffled your short hair anxiously. Ever since the first time you met then six years ago, your dislike for them had only grew more and more. (Flashback) After all that had happened between you and them over the years, you weren't sure what you would do to them if you met face to face again. 

"Nah I don't think you need to worry about that," Sandy wave of her hand. "What are the chances of seeing them again anyway?" She continued, more serious this time, "I mean, you'd been going to SOPA for more than a month now, and you only saw them today, so clearly it's not a monthly thing for them to walk by the school at the least. So if it's not a monthly thing, the next possibility would be an annual thing, and knowing you and your one of a recover ability, I'm pretty sure you can stand seeing them next year. I believe in you girl!" 

You must have looked relieved, because Sandy concluded her calculation with a triumphal grin as she leaned back in her chair. She was right about your strong recovery ability, but you still desperately hoped you would never see those chilling eye tattoos ever again. "I hope you're right," you responded with a sigh. 

"Damn right I'm gonna be right!" She exclaimed. "Just wait till you see!" You scoffed at her excitement, feeling more relaxed from her comfort. This was Sandy, the amazing-as- of a person who could always make you feel better no matter what happened.

"Anyway, you said you owe me one, right?" Sandy suddenly changed the subject, and you weren't going to complain about it at all. "How are you gonna repay me, huh?"

That got you thinking for a moment. Since Sandy came from a fairly rich family, there weren't any materialistic things you could repay her back with. You could grant her a wish in the future or something like that, but she would probably forget about it the next day. As you stared at her and pondered while tapping your chin, you felt your phone vibrate, signaling a text. You pulled it out, and after seeing the message and who it was from, an idea suddenly came to you. You realized the one thing that she didn't have and, while texting back, smirked as you asked: 

"Do you want to meet J-Hope?" 

----------------------------------------------------------------

Hoseok grimaced as he saw your text. Having fallen asleep on the van, he only got to check his phone after BTS had arrived at their dorm after completing all their schedules at 4:00 pm. Some of the members and even the two managers were half asleep and swayed to their rooms just to fall dead on their beds again, leaving him alone sitting at the dining table frowning at his phone. Jungkook and Taehyung, who were too tired to even make their ways to their beds, stumbled to the couch and passed out on top of each other. 

Even though he was tired and sleepy, your text kept Hoseok awake and disappointed. Now that his meet up plan was unofficially but practically canceled, he was able to sleep for rest of the day, which, as relaxing as it would have sounded a month ago, seemed rather a waste now that he met you. Well, she can't be busy for the whole rest of the day, right? He reasoned with himself and stared at your text again. An offer wouldn't hurt anybody, would it? 

With that thought in mind, Hoseok replied confidently: 

For your information, I'm free the rest of the day, so if you're finished with whatever you're doing, we can meet up?

As soon as he sent the message and read the entire conversation, however, it dawned on Hoseok just how clingy he sounded. Damn it Hoseok! He silently curse and fought the urge to slap himself in the face, why did you have to send such an annoying-sounding text?! What were you thinking?! She's definitely going to find you annoying! What if she's actually in the middle of something important?! You're sounding so self centered! He pinched his nose ridge, utterly amazed at how unbelievably stupid he had been. Well, you better fix this up somehow man. You don't want her thinking you have a thing for her and desperately want to meet up, do you? 

But it's kind of true...? 

Shut up Hoseok! Just fix this crap up will you?! 

His mind spun in attempt to come up with a witty coverup as his thumbs did that little dance whenever he wasn't sure of what to type. Little by little, Hoseok wrote out his new message, deleting and rewriting several times. After rereading the text several times with minor editing, he was finally content with his response and sent the message while hoping you'd get his humor: 

Yah I'm limited edition, so come and get it before I'm gone ;)

Hoseok almost jumped out of his seat and shouted in triumph and relief as you texted back in less than a minute: 

Hahahahahahahahaha~ well I don't have anything to do right now either, so if you want to hang out...

He didn't need to think twice about how to respond this time: 

Sure thing! Let's meet at the studio at 4:30? 

You got it! I'm bringing my friend over if that's okay

Hoseok felt his stomach did a somersault at your agreement. He hopped out of his seat and wrote a note for his manager: 

Hyung, I'm outside on a bike ride to school to get my assignments. I'll be careful and be back before 9:00!  - Hoseok

Having learned from his experience with the unbeatable traffic, Hoseok pulled out his dusty bike from the closet and, after making sure he had his hat and mask on securely, left the dorm with a smile and pounding heart as he texted you back:

Why the hell not?! See you there~