Chapter 6

Everything Unexpected

Hoseok and Jungkook got into their van, greeted their manager, and settled in the back row of seats. "Spill it now, hyung," Jungkook demanded as he took off his backpack. "What is it with ________ noona? How did you guys meet? How come I've never seen her in school before?"

"She's a new student at SOPA," Hoseok explained briefly, "and, you know, we were in the same dance class and we started chatting and stuff." He didn't plan on telling his fellow group members about you just yet, as if you were some big, mysterious secret only he got to know at the moment.

"Nope, you're definitely lying," the younger immediately decided, unsatisfied with the older's answer. "I know for a fact you never listen in dance class, so there was no way you could have known she was in your class. Quit lying and tell the truth!"

"I'm not lying!" Hoseok defended himself confidently, since he was telling the truth---pretty much. "Why are you so persistent anyway? Did you fall in love with her at first sight yesterday? Because you seemed more than excited when you saw her just now. You even used your puppy eyes!"

At the mention of that, Jungkook blushed slightly and almost shouted, "no I didn't!! I swear to god, what's up with you today hyung?!"

Hoseok smirked and turned to look out the window. That ought to shut him up for a while, he thought as he watched the city flew past.

The boys and their manager made a few stops to pick up the rest of the members: first to the company for Namjoon and Yoongi from their rap practice, then to the School of Arts for Taehyung and Jimin from school, and lastly to a recording stage for Seokjin from a singing variety show rehearsal. By the time all seven of them were brought together and arrived at the concert stadium, it was already 5:00pm. Since they had the concert yesterday, the boys rushed through rehearsal and, before they knew it, it was time for another show to start.

----------------------------------------------------------------

"And then their manager came and they got in their van and left," you concluded your detailed description of your encounter with the two BTS members before taking a long sip of your ice tea and grabbing a grape from the small fruit platter.

Sandy arrived at your studio panting after exactly ten minutes. You barely had time to close the door before she started bombarding you with questions. It took an unbelievable amount of persuasion for her to finally settle down at your little coffee table next to the window, which was where you two were still at right now. You talked about your day with Hoseok and Jungkook over some lemon ice tea and fruits and, even though you prepared the food and drink for Sandy too, she was basically sitting there dead still and concentrating on your story. Over the span of an hour you saw her expression turn a million times from anticipation to envy to jealousy to disbelief to almost a complete melt down (that was when you talked about Jungkook's puppy eyes, by the way).

It was obvious she needed a few moments to process what you had told her after you finished by her slack jaw and wide eyes, so you took this time to wash your empty cup and refilled the fruit platter. By the time you got back to the coffee table with more strawberries, she had finally collected herself. "Now I'm really mad I didn't pick up singing and dancing," she sighed took a sip of her untouched tea. Seeing you give her a quizzical look, she explained, "then I would have gotten into SOPA and I'd be seeing BTS all day long!"

You chuckled and shook your head, "you should know even better than me that they won't be at school everyday. Do I need to remind you how busy their schedule is?"

"Still!" Sandy whined as she reached for a strawberry. "How the hell did you get so lucky anyway?! Do you know how many of their fan girls wish they could be in your place? That includes me, by the way."

Before you could response, her phone rang. She picked up, and from what you were hearing, it was probably with her mother about eating dinner or something. After about three minutes she ended the call. "Sorry, gotta dash," she said apologetically. "My mom made a dinner plan with her friend just now and wants me home so I can be there."

"Well, you better go now then," you said as you stood up and ushered her to the door. "I wouldn't want to get your mom mad for keeping you late." You had met Sandy's mother a few times, and she was one of the most strict and upright person you knew. Theoretically she wouldn't be blaming you if Sandy was late, but you wouldn't want her to scolded anyone at any rate.

"You better keep me updated with BTS stuff, you hear me?" Sandy commanded as she stepped out the door.

"You got it, San," you chuckled and replied. The two of you said goodbye briefly and you closed your door after watching her disappear down the stairs of your building.

You looked back in your studio, feeling a slight emptiness. Since you had had quite a noisy afternoon and talked nonstop for the past hour, the silence you had now was a bit hard to get use to. You glanced at the clock and, seeing it was past 5:30 pm, decided to start cooking dinner. You were feeling a bit fancy today, so you decided to cook up some creamy shrimp and potato pasta.

As you defrosted the shrimps and prepared the potatoes, an idea came to you of how to spend the rest of your dinner time and night. Now that you knew Hoseok and Jungkook were in your school and you had to provide somewhat decent information to Sandy about them, it would only make sense to have some preliminary information about BTS as a whole, right? You had never thought of doing this in the past two years that Sandy had been a fan girl of them since you thought it was a waste of time, but as you stood next to the stove waiting for the water to boil, you reasoned with yourself, now the situation is a whole lot different, right? And besides, I should try to know Hoseok and Jungkook better since they're in my school, right?

You grinned and nodded proudly at yourself for coming up with such a great idea, and you suddenly couldn't wait to finish cooking.