Chapter 15

Everything Unexpected

"So here your knees come together twice like this, and then step back," You watched as Hoseok demonstrated the move to Sandy, who was more ogling his body than actually trying to learn. "And then you kick, grab your pants, switch your weight to the other leg, your body lunches forward and comes up with a wave." He finished the movements with a slight pant and come up to look at her. "Here, try it." 

Sitting on the sofa at the back of the studio, you grinned widely at Sandy's flushed face when she finally tore her eyes off him and faced the mirror. Even though you knew she had two left feet, you didn't bother telling this to Hoseok when he offered to teach her some choreo of BTS, the reason being 1. Sandy could have some quality time with him as the payback, and 2. it was actually hilarious watching San trying and failing to dance. You giggled silently when she kicked and screeched as she almost lost her balance. 

"Wow!" Hoseok, who was standing by her side, immediately shot out his hands and grabbed her shoulders to prevent her from falling. "Easy there, San. You okay?" 

You had to bite your lips to stop yourself from scoffing out loud at Sandy's expression. If they were any closer she'd be passing out, you though as you looked away. 

Even though you found their interaction hilarious, a knot was pulling tighter and tighter in your chest. As much as you denied it, somehow you regretted bringing Sandy here. In the two hours that you had been in the dance studio, Hoseok did more skinship with Sandy than he had ever done with you. You didn't even get to hug him yet, and he was already touching her arms and holding her shoulders. They should be a couple, you sighed and admitted, half happy and half bitter, at least they look like a pair. What was a repayment for Sandy was starting to feel like a punishment for yourself as you watched while Hoseok taught her the moves and she smiled brightly at him. 

Wait wait wait, wow. Stop right there. 

________, what the HELL are you thinking?! You can't possibly be jealous of Sandy over Hoseok, can you?! Are you serious?! Something screamed at you as you shuddered and shook your head. It's not like you are going to have something going on with him anyway! There's nothing to be jealous about! Get yourself together!

You sighed. The voice was right. Why are you even caring about how much skinship you did with Hoseok in the first place? Stop it, ________, you told yourself, don't cross the line. 

"Wait, hold on here," Hoseok said again, drawing your attention back to them. "Your hand stays up when your legs move. " 

Before you could do anything, Sandy's hand was in his as he held it tightly, "Here, I'll keep it in place. Try it now." 

Suddenly, it was as if someone punched you in the stomach. You cleared your throat and stood up abruptly, "I'm gonna get a drink, be right back." Not waiting for them to reply, you dove for the door. 

----------------------------------------------------------------

Just as you left the room, out of nowhere BTS' "Coffee" suddenly started blaring loudly, making Hoseok jump in surprise. Before he could ask anything, though, Sandy let out a groan and dropped her hand, releasing it from his hold. "S-sorry, it's my phone," she looked up with shy eyes and explained before dashing to her bag and digging out her phone. 

Hoseok chuckled and stuffed his hands in his pocket, She's an ARMY alright. 

Looking at the contact, Sandy scoffed before answering he phone, "what do you want, oppa?" Her tone was irritated and despising. She was quiet when she listened, only to make Hoseok frown in confusion as she shot up from her kneel a moment later and shouted, "No way!! I'm not going!" 

He didn't mean to eavesdrop, but, well, how can he not when she was being so loud?!

"Why don't you just man up for once and stop making me the third wheel?!" She sighed in frustration, "I'm in the middle of something that's probably more important than you and your movie date with one of your numerous girlfriends!" 

Suddenly, Sandy's eyes widened in a mix of shock and disbelief. "JASON YOU !!" She yelled in her phone, "DON'T YOU DARE TOUCH- Hello? Hello???!!!" She stared at her phone as if she wanted to crush it into pieces. 

You came back just as Sandy dove for her bag and started shoving her belongings in in a hurry. "What's wrong?" You asked, raising an eyebrow at her. 

"No time to explain!" Sandy shouted back as she pounced to the door. A second later her heels were echoing rapidly down the hallway as she added, "I'll tell you later!" 

A still silence filled the room as Sandy's footstep fainted. Confused, Hoseok glanced at you, who met his gaze looking equally bewildered. Seconds passed quietly until you both bursted out laughing, amused by each other's expression. 

"That's some friend you got there," he chuckled and commented between breathes, replaying Sandy's crazed face when she stumbled out the door in his mind. 

"You think?" You retorted while holding your stomach, "The first thing you should know about her is her tendency to suddenly explode into frenzy, dude!" 

Hoseok scoffed and grinned as he gazed at you. Your laugh was music to his ear, and hearing it made him wish he could make you happy like this every day forever. 

Never had he wanted to do things like this to anyone before. 

"What time is it?" You asked when you calmed down from the laugh and took a breath. 

Hoseok took a look at his watch. "Errr, it's like 7:10." 

"Oh," after a pause, you suddenly decided and began pulling on your hoodie, "I guess we should probably be going then. It's already dark outside." 

Hoseok frowned, "wait, but it's still pretty early!" I haven't spend any quality time with you yet! "Do you have something else you have to do now?"

"Nah, not really," you admitted but didn't stop adjusting your clothes. "Just... Not a big fan of walking in the dark..." You said, not meeting his questioning eyes. 

Something in your voice made Hoseok's heart do a somersault. He stop for a second, suddenly feeling the need to protect you. Even though you two had rarely got to hang out since you met, you always gave him the impression that you were not fazed by anything at all. But now... Why did you sound scared for some reason? 

He did not like how you sounded at all. This wasn't the usual you, and he could have swore he'd do anything for you to not be like that. He bit his lips and breathed out through his nose. Grabbing his backpack and taking out his SnapBack, he got ready to leave. 

"It's okay, ________, don't worry. I'll walk with you."

----------------------------------------------------------------

READ ME!!!! Author's Note:

Yo what's up! Let's play a game today, and I have a special prize for you guys~~ Remember the dance moves J-Hope showed Sandy in the beginning of this chapter? That's actually in one of BTS' dances, and the first person to guess which part of which song it is, you can request and I will write a one-shot story for you!!!

With that said, the rules of the game are:

1. Submit your answer in the comment in the form of "song name, the time when the dance move is done in the song (e.g. 2:45-2:50), your one-shot request" 

2. I will announce the winner by messaging him/her privately, but the one-shot story will be public

3. For the request, you may include which characters (any idol/idols is fine), which genre, and/or a simple plot description

4. I do not take any request for or ships

And that's it for now :D happy playing~~