Chapter 18

Everything Unexpected

The boys had their first break a week after you agreed to be Hoseok's tutor, and you told him you would be coming in the afternoon so he could get some good quality sleep before studying.

You arrived and looked up at the average-looking building in front of you skeptically as you checked the address that Hoseok had sent you again. You had always thought that Kpop artists lived inside their label building, which you believed would be the most logical. You meant, what if a sasaeng fan just happened to live in the same building as BTS and see them going into their dorm by chance? At least the company building has security.

You shuttered at the thought, suddenly worried for Hoseok and his fellow group members as you recalled stumbling upon some reports on sasaengs breaking into idols' dorms, threatening them and assaulting them physically. Man, you thought, if I ever see one of those stalkers bothering them...

Scratching your short hair and fumbling with the straps of your backpack, you stood at the entrance and pondered for a moment before entering and stepping into the elevator. Your heart beat faster and faster as you saw the floor number in the display screen increased to the point that your breath hitched and almost got a heart attack when the elevator abruptly stopped with a cheerful "ding~". Dammit ________! You scowled, why are you so jumpy and nervous? Nothing's going to go wrong!

Stepping out of the elevator, you glanced around the hallway before finding the door with the right number. You doubled checked the address in your phone again so that you don't embarrass yourself by barging into a random resident's house before finally ringing the doorbell with a hesitant finger. You fidgeted with your phone and you could hear someone approaching the door from the inside.

All was quiet for a moment, and then the person inside yelled something you couldn't make out in a thick, grown up voice of a man. Then what sounded like a younger boy's voice replied, and then the two seemed to be arguing from what you could figure out. You raised your eyebrow as you stared at the door with your heart thudding. What the hell...?

You were about to look away when the door suddenly swung open, making you jump. Standing in the doorway was an overweight, middle-age Asian man eyeing you up and down suspiciously, "who are you, and what are you doing here?" You couldn't find any kindness in his voice as you felt chills down your spine. Oh god, you panicked as you looked up, did I actually get the address wrong?

"Ummm... errr..." You cleared your throat nervously and inhaled before trying again. "Um, h-hi, is this BTS' dorm...?"

The man narrowed his eyes at you as if you were some world class criminal, "What do you want?"

He didn't deny it! "Errr... haha, I'm a classmate of Jung Hoseok a-and I'm here to tutor him, you see," You chuckled and awkwardly explained, shifting nervously in your spot.

"AHA! See?! I told you she's a friend and not an undercover sasaeng or something, Ahndong hyung!!" All of a sudden a young, dark-hair boy sprang out from behind the man and shouted. You jumped back in surprise with wide eyes, and it took you a moment to recognize who the boy was.

"Jungkookie?!" You were more than relieved that you found the right place, but what the hell was all that about exactly?

"Hehe, sorry about that ________ noona," Jungkook grinned widely. "That was some necessary precautions that had to be done, well according to our manager, that is," he shot his manager a look as he said. The manager was still looking at you with his brows furrowed when you sneaked a peak at him, but he stepped out of the way when Jungkook grabbed your wrist and led you into the apartment.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Sitting on his bed, Hoseok heard a sudden knock on his bedroom door. "Your tutor's here," he heard the manager say.

At the sound of that, Hoseok shot up from his seat in excitement and opened the door immediately. "Thanks, Ahndong hyung," he quickly said and dove out the room, but not before a hand pulled him back roughly. He stumbled slightly and looked up at the older guy, "what?"

The manager stared at him intensely, and he felt himself shrink as he tried not to squirm under the glare. "You requested your classmate to be you tutor," he stated in a low voice.

"Ummm, yeah...?" Hoseok answered quietly.

"You didn't tell me she was a girl," the manager narrowed his eyes at him. A still silence passed between the two men.

Is he pissed...? Hoseok felt his heart rise to his throat. He looked back at him innocently with rising heartbeat. "And?" He asked back nonchalantly like he didn't know what the older was referring to before raising his brow and walking pass him out the door.

Of course he knew what the manager was referring to.

A random girl being welcomed into the BTS dorm? Who wouldn't think that something's going on? Hoseok sighed as he frowned and felt his heart sink, maybe this won't work out after all...

Well, that was before he saw you sitting with your back to him at the dining table quietly waiting for him.

Hoseok felt his heart rise to his throat again, but in excitement this time. He stared at you and couldn't believe this was actually happening. Warm bubbles bursted in his stomach as a smile crept onto his face automatically. Walking up behind you with a thudding heart, he quietly leaned next to your ear and was frozen momentarily as he breathed in your faint, sweet scent. Payback time, he smirked and thought before suddenly shouting, "BOO!"

To his disappointment, you merely turned your head and looked at him. Your long lashes batted as you blinked at him calmly, and Hoseok had the strange feeling that you were judging him hard. God, why are you acting so childish?! He was about to pull away with a sad pout when, to his surprise, you bursted out laughing. Your eyes twinkled as you flashed your pearl white teeth. "Nice try," you chuckled, "but not quite."

"Ugh you're no fun!" Hoseok scoffed as he stood up straight and raised his brow. "Are you even scared of anything?"

"Not really," you shrugged simply, and he found himself admiring your courage. Seeing the textbooks and notebooks splayed across the table, Hoseok remembered what you were really here for. "Just a sec, I'll get my notebook," he said as he turned back. "Want anything to drink?"

"Um, yeah," you answers, turning to look at him with your gorgeous eyes. "Water's fine, thanks."

Hoseok felt his breath quicken at your gaze and gentle smile. "Got it," he said as he entered his room. "I'll be right back."

On second thought, Hoseok poked his head back out and added with a playful wink, "don't miss me too much while I'm gone!"

----------------------------------------------------------------

You scowled at your own warm cheeks and rising heartbeat as you watched Hoseok disappear into his room. You took a deep breath and hoped the cool air could chill the heat that you were suddenly feeling. What the hell is wrong with you ________?! He was just playing around!

You looked back at the school books and started organizing your notes in an attempted to stop replaying that wink he gave you in your head. The apartment was quiet saved for the sound of paper shuffling from your hands. You frowned, where are all the other members?

As if on cue, a door down the small hallway opened, and out trotted a boy yawning and rubbing his eyes. He ruffled his short chestnut hair and squinted as if he just woke up, his pale skin bathing in the bright afternoon light.

It took a moment for you to recognize him, but that was not the reason why you froze and had your lips agape as you stared at him.

He was wearing nothing except for a pair of black boxers.

You watched as Suga narrowed his eyes and scanned his surrounding slowly before his eyes landed on you. Upon seeing your presence, he scrunched up his brows in confusion as he froze. There was a moment of silence as you two stared at each other and blinked. Needless to say, you had seen boys in only boxers before---having five guy best friends for more than half your life, that kind of thing was pretty much unavoidable regardless of how old you were---but still... What the ?!

Just then Hoseok walked out saw the two of you staring at each other. "Ummmmmm, Yoongi hyung?" You heard him clear his throat. "Do you mind?"

"What..." The older boy slowly lifted a hand to point at you and asked, his voice raspy and sluggish, "what's going on...?"

You looked up to see Hoseok, who was standing next to you, roll his eyes and exhaled. "She's my tutor, hyung," he explained as he walked towards him. "Now do you mind putting some clothes on, or should I do it for you?!" Giving you an apologetic glance, he quickly pushed the half- Suga back into his room and closed the door.

"Sorry about that, ________-ah," he sighed as he went to the wall counter on the side and poured two glasses of water, looking apologetic. "Yoongi hyung is never in his right mind right after he wakes up."

You chuckled as you waved it off, "nah, it's fine." Looking down at your notebook, you added when he came back and sat across from you at the table, "anyway, it's not like I've never seen guys in their underwear before."

As Hoseok made himself comfortable in his seat, you changed the subject and got down to business, "so anyway, what is it that you need help to study for?"

"Pfffff, like, everything?" He replied, scratching his head and smiling with a hint of embarrassment. "But can we start with English? Cuz I haven't heard you speak in English yet."

You raised your brow at him. that's his reason to study for English?! Nonetheless you complied, taking out your English textbook. "Okay, so you're suppose to memorize all the vocabs in chapters one to four," you reminded him as you flipped through the pages. Finding the right one, you slid the book to him, "just see if you know them first."

As he read through the page, you found yourself unable to tear your eyes off Hoseok: his soft, maroon-brown hair splayed across his makeup-less face, his deep orbs looking down and showing his dark lashes, his cheekbones highlighted by the sunlight, his thin, soft pink lips lightly pursed together in concentration.

Despite the significantly different surrounding, somehow his presence brought you back to that night at the BTS concert where you first caught his eyes, and you felt something warm stirring in the pit of your stomach as the corner of your lips tugged upwards involuntarily.

"Umm, what does pler-tae-cious mean?" He asked hesitantly, snapping you out of your daydream---or whatever that was suppose to be. You looked down and saw him pointing to a word.

"Ahh, it's pronounced flir-ta-tious," you nodded knowingly and corrected his pronunciation. "You have to bite your lip to pronounce the 'f'."

"F... flir-ta-tious...?" He repeated after you to practice, and you were suddenly caught off guard at how he bit his lip with his white teeth so... ily? Is that the word?

"Y-yeah," you confirmed. "It's like..." You thought for a moment about how to explain the meaning,"...like when you like a girl and you're trying to get her to like you back, so you do stuff like giving her compliments a lot or smiling at her often or winking at her and things like that. That would be you being flirtatious with her," you concluded and reached for the glass of water on the side.

It wasn't until you took a sip did you actually thought about what you were saying. Out of nowhere Hoseok's wink flashed into your mind, making you sputter slightly as you swallowed the mouthful of water.

What the hell? Why is it so warm suddenly?

----------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note:

Lol extra long chapter to make up for the long wait!! Hope you guys enjoy it :D

BTW I'm thinking of doing another one-shot game in the next chapter, so comment if you're interested~ you can also inbox me if you have any good ideas for the question!