Chapter 7

Everything Unexpected

As the concert ended, Hoseok couldn't help but feel a little disappointed. He didn't spot a single one of his ideal fans, and something felt a little off while he performed without your presence. Instead of feeling the adrenaline and energy like last time, he felt slightly sluggish and was noticeably more tired from the performances. He took a bow with the other members just like last night, and went backstage. 

Without Hoseok's usual jokes and sassiness, the atmosphere in the changing room a bit heavy. The members exchanged small conversations here and there, but even those were little more than murmurs. The mood was heightened only when the topic of food came up, and this time they settled on Korean barbecue. As tired as he was and despite how much he wanted to just go back to the dorm and sleep, Hoseok didn't want to be the party pooper, so he went along with the members and exited to stadium to go to their van. 

"Feeling tired?" Yoongi asked Hoseok as they went into the vehicle. 

"Yeah," he replied, "I think I'm gonna take a nap in the car." The older nodded and went on to chatter with Seokjin about something Hoseok didn't catch. 

Hoseok got a window seat in the van and rested his head on the window as he closed his eyes and felt sleep creeping in. After tonight's disappointment, he was more than ready to forget about everything temporarily. As he was drifting off, he vaguely heard Jimin asking about their upcoming schedule. 

"Lots...whole week...busy...no break..." The manager's voice was fuzzy and he could only pick up fragments. But those were enough for Hoseok to feel all the more tired and depressed. The busy schedule itself was not all that surprising, and he had been in this kind of situation before, so he was just expecting fatigue and tiredness from the various broadcasts and music shows. But the thing that bugged him more was the fact that a week without free time meant not going to school until the week after, and that meant he was not going to see you again the whole of this week. Hoseok silently regretted not asking for your phone number, not thinking about how weird it would have been if he had, especially when you two had just met---officially, that was. 

He gradually drifted off to sleep surrounded by the chatters of the other members. 

----------------------------------------------------------------

You sat at the coffee table in front of your laptop, an empty plate with a fork left to the side. You had been reading about BTS and watching their various videos for the past hour over your steamy dinner (which was delicious, by the way), and you had to admit they were a really, really solid group in terms of both music, dance, and entertainment. You were genuinely impressed at the group overall, and from your mini-research, each member left you with a deep impression. 

On a side note, you finally figured out what ARMY was, so no wonder why Jungkook had called you that in the afternoon, even though you weren't really their fan.

Besides those, however, you were a little confused at your major focus on Hoseok alone, at least in the beginning. You meant, he wasn't really distinctive in anyway: he wasn't as good-looking as V (who was one gorgeous- boy in your opinion), wasn't the best rapper in the group (from what you had gathered from their song "Cypher Pt. 2: Tryptich"), wasn't talented all-round like Jungkook, and was even rivaled for the best dancer with Jimin. You thought that if you were attracted to one member, it would logically have been Jungkook, since you were so impressed with him and thought he definitely deserved the name "golden maknae" for his great skills in singing, rapping, and dancing. Besides, it was a pleasant surprise how different he was when performing and when you met him casually. 

But somehow, you couldn't tear your eyes off Hoseok, and the more you watched him interact with the other members in their videos, the more you understood why. 

From the look of it, Hoseok was definitely the mood maker of BTS. Honestly, he had a great sense of humor, and he cracked jokes with the other members every other minute. Watching him in the videos made you laugh as hard as they did, and by the end of the playlist you were gasping for air and couldn't get that smile off your face. Perhaps it was because of his happy vibe that you were attracted to him.

Well, probably not attracted. Focusing is a better word.

It was almost 8:00pm, so you decided to download all of BTS' songs and do the dishes and homework while listening to them. Aside from all their title tracks, you really liked "Beautiful" (Hoseok's first line totally got you), "Miss Right" (you giggled so hard at Rap Monster's last line of his part), and "Attack on Bangtan". 

That night, you went to sleep completely content. Even after your depressing school day, and even though you missed your friends in the States terribly and desperately wanted to know if they were okay, you were very glad you had met Hoseok as a friend (sort of). Even though you knew he had a really busy schedule, you kind of wished he would be in class tomorrow.