Things Might Change, But I'm Still The Same!

I Guess It's Over, Is It? (On Hold)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I promised... And here it is... Ladies and Gentlemen... A chapter almost as long as Sooyoung's legs! Full of mistery as Taeyeon's Life! Full of drama as SNSD's life! Enjoy!!!!!!!!!

Love You Kids!

Jessica POV

—I know it might be uncomfortable to you if I ask this —I said getting Sarah’s attention right after Tiffany went to the bathroom—. Maybe I even shouldn’t do it, but, how was your mom?

—What’d you mean? —She tilted her head in confusion.

—What kind of person was Lily?

 

She frowned as she tilt her head to the other side trying to comprehend what I just asked. Confusion grow in me seeing her reaction. Maybe I shouldn’t had asked that, but curiosity was one of my defects.

 

—I… don’t… think… —Sarah replied a tad unsure.

—If it is hard for you then forget it

—It’s not that —Sarah shook her hands—. It’s just that I don’t know from where you got the idea that Lily was my mom

 

It was my turn to frown in confusion.

 

—Jadyn showed us her memories

—Oh! —Sarah raised her eyebrows in understanding—. Well,  things is that…

 

Turns out she was 5 when Jadyn, Leah, Clyde and Lily found her. They were on a mission when they came across her. Their objective was to kill her parents, which they did, but they didn't knew about Sarah until the heard her cry.

 

They asked her to come with them and even though she saw how they killed her parents she still grabbed Jadyn's hand. She felt safe with them because she knew what they parents did was wrong.

 

—But why would she lie about that?

—To protect me. She “overwrote” her memories so nobody would know nothing personal about her or our family. That way people wouldn’t be able to use them against her. Besides my parents were horrible people —Sarah continued as she stared at the door—. I’m kind of ashamed of being their daughter.

—What did they do? —I asked somehow scared of what the answer could be.

—They kidnapped and… killed people —she turned to look at me—. Men, women and even kids.

—With what purpose —I asked to myself but she answered anyway.

—Organ trafficking.

 

 

Taeyeon POV

—How is she? —I asked standing at the feet of Jadyn’s bed while twisting my left wrist.

—She’s fine —Clyde replied as he sat on a chair right beside Jadyn—. She should be up in a few hours.

—We could’ve died —I sobbed twisting my wrist harder after a few seconds of silence—. She could’ve died!

—Calm down —Clyde cupped my face—. We’re fine. She’s fine. Ok? —I slowly nodded closing my eyes and he put his forehead against mine—. She knew what she was doing. She knew she could handle it, that’s why she did it.

 

5 hours ago

 

—Alpha 2, C floor clear —I heard Clyde said through my earpiece.

—Beta 1, B floor clear —I replied leaning my back on a wall to look at the following hallway.

 

I waited for Jadyn’s report on the A floor and basement but she never reported herself.

 

—Alpha 1, Report. —I said hoping she would reply—. Alpha 1! Do you copy?

 

No reply came so I started to walk down to the A floor. Right after I stepped on the last step of the stairs I heard a gunshot at the end of the corridor. I stopped on my tracks when I heard footsteps coming on my general direction and pulled out my gun getting ready to shoot if necessary.

 

I saw a shadow coming out of the corridor in front of me and I pulled the trigger without giving it a second though, the next thing that happened was Clyde falling to the floor in a loud thud.

 

—What the ! —Clyde groaned in pain holding his arm—. Why the would you do that!?

—I’m sorry! I heard a gunshot and I thought…. —I trailed off when I saw Jadyn laughing her off.

—I-I s-shot him to-too by mis-mistake! —Jadyn said between breaths cleaning the few tears that escaped from her eyes.

 

I noticed the little trail of blood in his shoulder where jadyn shot him and started laughing too. Clyde had a pissed off expression, but, eventually, he joined us too. After a minutes, Jadyn, who had her hands on her knees looked up to me and stopped laughing widening her eyes. I saw her expression and turned to look back, I saw someone behind me throw something at me I was too slow to react so I closed my eyes waiting for the impact but Jadyn hugged me from the back and turned our bodies. I heard her groan feeling her dull weight falling on my back for support.

 

—Alpha! —Clyde froze for a while but when he snapped out he looked for the intruder but they were long gone.

—Jadyn… —I whispered laying her on the floor—. Wake up...

 

Something moistened my hand and as I noticed it was blood  I quickly placed two fingers just below the wrist pressing lightly trying to feel the blood pulsing under her skin, but I couldn’t find it.

 

Present

 

—I couldn’t find her pulse! —I screamed at him, scared.

—That’s because you didn’t do it properly —He said caressing my cheek—. You were supposed to press right below the wrist--

—I did that!

—--creases on the thumb side.

 

I felt stupid at that moment. No wonder I didn’t felt nothing.

 

 

Jadyn POV

Where am I? The pain stopped…. But….. Why? Did I died? No… that can’t be…. Or can it?

 

It’s so warm in here…. Maybe I’ll stay… I wonder if I can….

 

—Jadyn…

 

That’s my name… But who’s calling me?

 

—Jadyn…

 

That voice… I know that voice… It’s like… honey… Or is it sugar?... Caramel… Yeah, caramel… For some reason I think I like caramel...

 

—Jadyn...

 

Caramel… Ca… ra… mel…

 

—Jadyn…

 

I knew someone who liked caramel… But who was it?

 

—Babe…

 

Leah used to call me that… Leah… Leah liked caramel… Caramel…

 

—Babe

 

I pried my eyes off that white ceiling and turned my head… I stood up abruptly… I couldn’t believe it… She was there...

 

—Leah!

 

I ran to her and as I got close I pulled her into my arms… I hugged her tighter than I ever had…

 

—You’re here… You are actually here…

—You can’t stay, Jadyn you have to go

 

I broke the hug to looked at her… She couldn’t be serious… Could she?

 

—But I just got here…

—That’s why you can’t be here

—I don’t… understand…

—It isn’t your time to be here

 

And then I remembered… I was with Clyde and Taeyeon… Where are they…?

 

—Clyde and Taeyeon are fine… but babe… You have to go back…

—No…

—What about Jessica?

 

Jessica, that name sounds familiar… It’s on my mind… Can’t stop thinking about it...

 

—Jadyn

—No! I… You… You left me! I asked you to marry me and you left me!

 

My voice went low as I remembered…

 

—I did not!

—You did. We were supposed to land on Mumbai… but you left…

 

Tears were trailing down on our faces. We both knew how hurt we were. How much hurt we did to each other... But... more importantly… How much we loved each other.

 

—I loved you, God dammit! You know how hard that was for me! I was ready to spend the rest of my life with you! I wanted us to be a family! You, Levi and me!

—Jadyn… I’m so sorry! I… I had to do it… I didn’t had a choice…

—You didn’t had a choice? What was I to you huh? Did you even loved me?

—Of course I did!

—Didn’t seemed like it! I lost everything I ever cared about!

—Jadyn…

—I LOST YOU!---

 

I lost her… and…

 

—Levi… I… couldn’t…. protect him…. I lost our baby boy… Leah…

 

I kneeled at her feet. I wept. I hurt. I couldn’t even look at her. I lost her and him.

 

—It’s okay

—It’s not… I…

—It’s okay… but… more importantly… He’s okay…

 

She caressed my head with a warm smile…. And then I felt it… A warm breeze went through me… and then…

 

—Mom!

 

I closed my eyes with pain… I turned around… There he was… My little boy was smiling at me… Love was pouring out from his eyes and I wondered what I did to deserve him…

I felt his tiny hands rounding my neck… air… I needed air… I was suffocating… Why was he hugging me...? Shouldn’t he hate me…?

 

—I could never hate you…

—I…

—It wasn’t your fault…

 

I’ve spent years blaming myself… Feeling guilty… And he didn’t blamed me… He never did...

 

—I don’t want to come back… I want to stay here… with you two… I can’t lose you again

—We have always been with you

 

Leah kneeled beside me… She holded my left hand… Levi my right hand.

 

—We’ll always be with you… I love you babe.

—I love you mama…

 

Everything started to become more and more white than it already was… At some point I couldn’t see them anymore… But I could feel their presence…

 

—I love you too… my little ones…

—We’ll see each other again, I promise…

 

That was the last thing I heard her say.

 

 

X POV

—Jadyn —Clyde called as he followed Jadyn to her studio—. Can we please--

—No, Clyde —Jadyn cut him off while she opened a drawer from her desk and took out an agenda—. If that’s what he  wants then that’s he’s gonna get.

—That’s a bit too much don’t you think? —He just stared at her as she started to look through her agenda ignoring him—. Jadyn.

 

Jadyn put the agenda on her desk closing her eyes and let herself fall on her chair. She sighed as she remembered her parent’s conversation. She didn’t meant to overheard them but she was feeling better and she didn’t wanted to stay alone in her r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter