Next To You

I Guess It's Over, Is It? (On Hold)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jadyn POV

 

—Jadyn! it has been a while since I last saw you.

—It sure had been Ryung —I said hugging him.

 

Ryung used to be on my team when we were on the academy, he was a member of the medical department. Every team had a medical member assigned in order to be successful in every mission assigned.

 

—So what brings you here? —He said motioning me to sit on the couch that was on his office.

—I think… Well, I’m 100% sure —I said playing with my fingers—. I’m having the same symptoms when we were back on the academy.

—Are you sure? I mean I did the procedure, I lock all of that before you left that place— He said frowning—. It is an irreversible method unless…….

—Unless….? —I asked facing him.

—Unless you’re growing a brain tumor —he said with fear on his eyes.

—Isn’t there another way to have the lock removed? —I said with hope

—Nope, I designed the lock myself —he said—. But just to be sure I’ll take you an CT scan, ok?

—I guess I don’t  have any option, do I? —I said while he shook his head—. Ok, lets do it but please don’t take long,  I’m supposed to be back for dinner, in about 2 hours.

—WE are supposed to be back for dinner, and don’t worry it’ll take 30 min

—Great, let’s go —I said standing up—. Let’s get this over.

 

Ryung nodded his head and stood up, walking me to the CT Scan room.


 

Jessica POV

 

All of the people who were at the graveyard were already in the restaurant where the dinner would be held. I was scared to be there alone, Jad said that she couldn’t come with me because she needed to do something really important, so she and Gabe left before us. Right now I was on the balcony on the second floor of the building. The view was amazing I could actually see the Han River. I was enjoying the breeze when the balcony door opened revealing a nervous Tiffany playing with her fingers. I just ignored her and kept looking to the sunset.

 

—Hi —she said walking to me.

—……….

—How’d you been? —she asked standing beside me, but seeing that I wasn’t going to answer she sighed—. Jessie….

 

I just stood there trying to fight the tears that were threatening to fall, all the memories of the time we had spend together, the sleepless nights that we had talking of our secrets, the times she asked me and I asked her for advice, the times when she was there for me when Jadyn left without any reason. But then the memory of her giving me her back when I needed her the most, the look in her eyes, the hurtful words she said, all those memories broke my heart and eventually made me turn into the cold person I used to be. Right now I was nothing more but a person who couldn’t feel nothing, not until Jadyn gets here and gives me one of those smiles that can bring my mood up, just until then.

 

—Jessie... —she called again trying to touch my hand that was resting on the railing. I removed my hand in a harsh movement making on her face a hurtful expression—. Jess I need to talk to you, we went to your apartment not too long ago but we found the place empty. Please talk to me.

—We DON’T have nothing to talk about Stephanie—I said in the coldest tone I had ever use—. Now if you can excuse me, I’d like to be ALONE.

—Jessie, please —she said taking my hand on hers.

—Don’t touch me ever again!! —I yelled shoving her hand away of mine—. Why don’t you just leave me alone just like you did before, I bet the second time would not be hard.

 

She was about to grab my hand again when someone pulled me towards the door, leaving her standing on the balcony.

 

—I’m sorry for leaving you alone for too long.

 

I turned around when I recognized the voice, it was Jadyn. The tears I was holding back were now falling freely. Jadyn hugged me and dragged me into one of the bathrooms that where there. We stood there for a while, I was crying hard and Jadyn was hugging me tighter while resting her head on top of mine.

 

—Oh, I'm a Gummy Bear, Yes, I'm a Gummy Bear! Oh, I'ma Yummy, Chummy, Funny, Lucky Gummy Bear —Jadyn started to sing rockin my body side to side—.  I'm a Jelly bear, Cuz I'm a Gummy bear, Oh I'm a movin', groovin', Jammin', Singin' Gummy Bear.

 

My sobbings soon converted to laughs. Once again Jadyn brought my mood up with just a simple gesture.

 

—You feel better? —she asked kissing my nose.

—I do —I said nodding and smiling widely.

—Then let’s go because I’m hungry —she said dragging me to the first floor where the dinner would be held.

—Where were you? —I asked once we were going down the stairs.

—Huh? —she said tilting her head to the side.

—Why you didn’t came with me?

—Oh, that, —she said turning her head waving at one guy who yelled her name—. I went to pick up some wine with Gabe.

—We are in a restaurant you know that right? —I said not believing her.

—Yeah, but they don’t have Château Lafite made from crops of 1787 —she said returning her gaze to me—. I exported one bottle directly from Moldova not too long ago.

—From Moldova? —I said curious

—Yup, the parents of the parents of the parents of the parents of the parents of my parents used to have a vineyard —she said while we took a sit on one of the couches that were on the corner of the restaurant—. They were the ones who fermented the wine, since it was so valuable they took them out of stock. Soon they decided to storage them, they produced a lot of wine enough to completely full a part of the MIlestii Mici wine cellar.

—Milestii Mici?! — I said shocked, that cellar is the biggest one in Europe. The cellars extend for 200 kilometres (120 mi), of which only 55 kilometres (34 mi) are currently in use. At least that what my dad said.

—Yes, anyway my grandparents used to export a bottle of wine every year —she continued taking my hand on hers—. It was their favorite and also mine, we used to drink a glass on the porch of their house during winter, so yeah.

—If you want I can drink it with you —I said cupping her face.

—I would love to —she said stealing me a kiss—. Let’s go and dine in, should we?

—Ok, let’s go.

 

Jadyn POV

 

I saw Ryung’s behavior and I knew he was nervous, he avoided my gaze every time we crossed paths so I was suspecting that his behavior had something to do with my CT results. In the end I decide to drag him outside the restaurant so we could talk a little more privately but my luck wasn’t that good because I didn’t notice that there was a big window glass infront the restaurant and everyone was watching us.

 

—Are you going to tell me what’s wrong with you? —I said standing in front of him.

—I-I —he couldn’t even talk and his back and forth pacing was making me crazy.

—You what.. —I said feeling uneasy.

—It is a brain tumor —he finally said looking at me—. I checked your scans over and over again.

—And? —I said knowing that the tumor wasn’t the worst part.

—And what caused the tumor was the lock —he said lowering his gaze—. But the really bad thing is that I can’t operate.

—What?! —I said feartfull—. What’d you mean….

—The tumor is entangled with blood vessels that it would be too dangerous to remove —he said resting his back on my car—. The only way that we have to completely remove it is to remove the lock.

—We can’t do that —I said shaking my head.

—If we don’t do that you could lose mobility, that’s if we’re lucky —he said taking me by the shoulders—. In the worst case you could die.


 

Jessica POV

 

I was talking to Nic and Ailee when I saw Jadyn entering the restaurant followed by the same guy she went out with, she was ignoring him and he was calling her name in a pleading way. Eventually the guy grabbed her arm and turned her around so she could face him, she tried to break free but his hold was firm. I was about to walk towards them when Gabe took my arm and shook his h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter