She'll Be Fine/Her Reason To Live

I Guess It's Over, Is It? (On Hold)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

X POV

Confusion, despair, wonder and even maybe a bit of jealousy, that’s what Jessica felt when she and Tiffany got to Jadyn’s room and found Clyde leaning beside the door with arms crossed and eyes closed.

 

Apparently Taeyeon was still with her and Jadyn herself asked him not to let anyone in, without any exception. There was no use asking him why she asked for that because he wouldn’t just not answer but he would ignore them both too. Even when Tiffany tried to kick him in the shin, which he dodged with just a little jump, he didn’t acknowledged them.

 

Sarah then joined them giving both girls a smile that didn’t really reached her red puffy eyes, proof that she had been crying, they wondered the reason, but, nevertheless they returned the smile as Sarah rested her back on the other side of the wall. Since they couldn’t do anything else than wait, Jessica and Tiffany sat with their backs against the wall in front of Jadyn’s room.

 

Thousands of questions ran through their heads, things they didn’t still comprehended and wanted to know, like for example what were Taeyeon and Jadyn doing? Why couldn’t they got in the room? Why they never said anything about what their real relationship was? Why did they choose to keep it all a secret? Why Tiffany hasn’t killed Clyde? Why was the sky blue?.... Wait…. That’s way off track.

 

There were thousands of things they wanted to do with their respective partners, but the one that stood out the most in their hearts, was the desire to hold them and tell them that everything would be okay.

 

Their train of thoughts was stopped when the door opened and Taeyeon’s head popped out and then touched Clyde’s shoulder. He opened his eyes with a shocked expression that soon changed to a one of relief that confused Jessica and Tiffany.

 

—I got it —Taeyeon suddenly said patting Clyde’s arm.

 

Clyde nodded with a small smile. At that moment he realized how light he felt, after everything he, Jadyn, Sarah and their grandparents had gone through, he felt like they could finally live the way they wanted, without being careful and watch their every move so they wouldn’t give away their lives to those hateful, cheap imitation, of human beings, if they should be called that.

 

Maybe this time he could do all those things he always wanted to do with Jadyn, maybe now he could travel around the world without been tracked. Maybe, just maybe, he could walk on the street holding Jadyn’s hand and not having to worry about anyone seeing them and try to kill them. It was their time to be happy and he was going to make the most of it no matter what.

 

—What’s going on? —He jumped a bit startle since he forgot he wasn’t alone and turned around to look at Tiffany, who was helping Jessica get up.

 

He opened his mouth to talk but was interrupted by Taeyeon who answered before he could. He wasn’t bothered by it, Taeyeon knew the details better than him anyway

 

—She’s fine —Taeyeon said relieving both girls—. She just needs to rest she’s very tired and it was a hell of a day. She was supposed to be out for a few days but… well… she ain’t the Alpha for nothing

 

With that Clyde  knocked the door twice and then entered the room leaving the four girls alone. Taeyeon then sighed and ran a hand through her hair and turned to look at both girls after Clyde closed the door.

 

—So —She began clearing his throat—. Jadyn had a little complication with the Noctis Caligine.

—I’m sorry, what? —Jessica asked with a frown on her face.

—It’s latin, it stands for Night Mist —Tiffany answered her—. What about it?

—Well, Jack must have put it on her at any moment —she replied and then added—: It is a black, thick matter that after been put inside a human body it starts to melt every organ it touches. —She explained as she noticed Jessica’s confused expression.

—What!? —she asked in disbelief and was about to open the door to Jadyn’s room but Taeyeon’s hand stopped her.

—She’s fine —She assured her letting go of her hand—. Marie made us immune to that thing.

—What was the complication then, and I want the truth Taeyeon —Tiffany voiced out Jessica’s thought.

—Jack changed the component and hurt Jadyn. Not physically thougth—. She added quickly—. Just emotionally, well, maybe just a bit physically, but not that much.

—How much is not that much? —Tiffany kept asking.

—Enough for her not to move so easily

—But---

 

Jessica couldn’t finish her sentence because she was interrupted by a yell of someone, her and Tiffany knew too well.

 

—DON’T TOUCH THERE! —Jadyn’s voice echoed on the hallway they were standing and it was then followed by Clyde’s.

—I WAS JUST CHECKING!

—CHECKING ! THAT ING HURTS!

—I KNOW! I JUST WANTED TO MAKE SURE YOU’RE OK!

—WELL I AM!

—OH! YEAH ING RIGHT YOU ARE! —They heard Clyde’s mocking tone in the “right” word as they continued to listen.

—I’T WASN’T MY FAULT!

 

Jessica had a raised eyebrow while Tiffany sighed listening to her sister and Clyde fighting like little kids. They thought their childish fight had ended after a few seconds of silence, but Jadyn’s voice startle them once again.

 

—GET AWAY FROM ME! OR I’M GONNA TELL YOU KNOW WHO THAT YOU---

JOOOOODEERRR!

—Did she just yelled a spanish word? —Jessica asked at no one in particular.

—You’ll be surprised at how many languages she speaks —Taeyeon answered crossing her arms.

—What does the word mean, anyway? —she asked again looking at her with a raised eyebrow.

— —Tiffany answered instead without thinking.

—You speak spanish? —Jessica asked in disbelief since she didn’t knew that piece of information.

—Fluently —Tiffany shrugged unconcerned—. Jadyn taught me on my teens.

—Right —Jessica nodded accepting her explanation.

 

They stayed silent for a few minutes, each one wrapped up in their own worlds. It wasn’t an uncomfortable silence, it was more of the kind of silence you have when you are alone in your room enjoying the moment of peace. Still all kinds of questions and doubts ran through Tiffany and Jessica’s head.  

   

—I know you have lots of questions —Taeyeon said out of nowhere which shocked them.

 

“Did she read our minds?”  They asked themselves.

 

—No, I did not read your minds —she said rolling her eyes shocking them again—. Your facial expressions says it all. I can’t answer them all, not now, it has already been a rough day for us.

—Not our fault —Jessica replied without thinking to regret it right after she said it.

—That’s very evident —They flinched at Taeyeon’s cold replied.

—I.. I didn’t… —Jessica tried to explain.

—Save it —she lowered her head and Tiffany glared at Taeyeon—. Sarah can you please take them to their room? —They turned to look at the teenage, who, they forgot, was there.

—I thought you said-- —Tiffany  started but stopped when Taeyeon nodded.

—I know what I said —Taeyeon looked at her—. But Jadyn seriously needs to rest. The emotionally pain Jack put her through was… to much for her.

—What was it Taeyeon? Or rather, Which one was it? —Jessica frowned, to her, it seemed like Tiffany knew something she didn’t.

—He… —Taeyeon lowered her head while closing tight her eyes in an attempt to stop the tears forming in her eyes—. The memory he... implanted on the Noctis Caligine… was…

 

But she couldn’t continue, she had been there that day. She witnessed how Jadyn lost the only thing that bonded her to Leah. She saw her getting consumed in that dark version of her that Jadyn hated the most. At some point she even hated herself for not being able to find a way to help the person that gave her her life and family back, the person who risked everything to keep her safe.

 

—I-I’ll just show you —she extended her hands for them to take. She prefered it that way because she couldn’t trust herself. She knew if she kept talking she would eventually breakdown and that was the last thing she wanted to do.

 

They were doubting if they should take her hand, and not because they were afraid, because they weren’t…. Ok, maybe they were, but just a bit, it was mainly because they weren’t sure if they wanted to see what she was going to show them.

 

Taeyeon and Jadyn had been locked in the same room for quite sometime and they didn’t knew what they had talked about or did, that, added to the fact that they just found out Jadyn and Taeyeon had met years ago, years before they even met each other just didn’t felt right in any way.

 

Distrust was a strong word to label what they felt. Wonder was a more likely feeling, if that was a feeling at all. They did trust

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter